Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
This game runs SO well on my 980Ti/Ryzen 5 build - it's buttery smooth even after a few hours. I thought I was having issues but it turns out some of the cut scenes are 30fps so that's causing it.

solid 144 in most places, occasional drops down to 100 but otherwise it's running beautifully!

Associate
Ok left the clan and it has been several hours and no frame rate drops. It is SO smooth.
4K 60fps on maxed out (well texture anisotropy is 4x, film grain and chromatic aberration are off)

Caporegime
The game runs beautifully...it just hasn't particularly gripped me yet.

Only dipped my toes in pvp and I suspect thats where the game would shine if I can find a decent group to play regularly with.

Associate
Ok left the clan and it has been several hours and no frame rate drops. It is SO smooth.
4K 60fps on maxed out (well texture anisotropy is 4x, film grain and chromatic aberration are off)
Interesting, you didn't change anything else apart from leaving the clan?

A quite a few people joined late last night, wonder if they started seeing issues after they joined? I know @GAM8LE mentioned he got a massive FPS drop when the acceptance notification popped up.

Man of Honour
Yeah the clan is the cause of the framerate issue

If you check the clan, the roster never loads. And it's always trying to load in the background. Overtime this is building up more and more memory use and causing the slow down. I'm leaving the clan tonight and will rejoin when it's fixed

Soldato
What's your 980ti clocked to Agnes?

It's the EVGA 980 ti sc+ acx 2.0+, standard clock, EDZ drops down to 55 some times but it seems to be a common bug. But I've yet to see it drop below 60 anywhere else, even at the farm with tonnes of people loaded in. Super impressed with the performance. As said, everything is cranked to max apart from depth of field which is on high, not highest as that cost me 25fps on average from high to highest with absolutely 0 gain to graphical finesse.

Associate
Having played 2000+ hours of the first one on ps4, and maybe 200+ of the second on ps4, they have done a pretty awesome job imo.

Im playing on a controller too due to being disabled-some ignorant posts earlier in the thread-which works great too. KB+M would be preferable but not an option for us all. I do wish people wouldn't be so reductive/assuming. PC is about choice after all.

Wish there was more scenery interaction etc (think Shadow Warrior lol) but the gunplay as always is superb. Im playing at highest on a 1080Ti @3440 and havnt dropped below 70 I don't believe, usually around 85. On default settings which were high, framerate was like 120. My monitor only supports 75hz (Freesync too, yea...) but the 60+ fps and resolution make it look almost like a different game compared to the ps4 pro @1080p.

So yea, fair play Bungie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom