Subnautica

Soldato
Well I'm in search of nickel, found some earlier but now cant locate the cave it was in. Find it almost impossible to navigate in this, theres loads of cool places ive wanted to come back later with the prawn suit to explore and now cant find any of them :(

Beacons are cheap and invaluable! Also compass can help.

Took me a while to get the hang of the layout. Remember to explore story driven locations.

Soldato
If you plan to play for a long time.

I built tons of beacons and placed them around the edge of the map at the compass points, NESW etc, also 1 at the back and 1 at the front of the crashed ship.

And just a few at the sides between the compass points to make a box shape.

Makes navigation pretty easy. They positioned at the top of the surface, so they don't distract you, but you can always turn them off if needed.

Soldato
Relatively new to the game, just at the point where the
Sunbeam comes
but im having some real issues finding Silver and Gold. I really need to get this habitat tool made so I can start getting a base sorted, juggling inventory is proving difficult now, Ive so many floating waterproof containers around mt lifepod haha.

Great game though.

You need Sandstone Outcrops for silver and gold ore. You can find quite a fair amount inside caves in the safe shallows, and also in the crevices in the kelp forest.

Permabanned
Almost everything in this game is available during the single player, just make sure to look around, pickup everything because you never know

It's surprising how cheap most things are are to build in this game.

Soldato
Just managed to get the moon pool for my sea moth.

The biggest benefit of a habitat is the storage lockers. Loads of space for stuff all in nicely labelled lockers.

Really enjoying the exploration angle. Having it all under water makes it feel so much more alien, really clever. Adds a constant edge of unease.

Soldato
Fell into the void whilst in my prawn suit. Started thinking about the movie - The Abyss as I did so. Bloomin hell the first lights I saw down there weren't sodding cute aliens that's for sure!
I was gathering large chunk deposits on the outskirts of my Lost River entrance base and sort of got pushed over the edge by a sodding boneshark. Managed to get out though whilst panicking like a madman - the enhanced thrusters and grappling arm saved my rear end!

Man of Honour
The what?!

Somehow not found this!

Lets you put out 20 connected light beacon sort of things to mark out a route (points the way with an arrow), like a glowing breadcrumb trail :) , cant remember but I think you start with the plan, a lot of people dont notice it and miss out on using it.

Soldato
That'd come in handy right down in the depths with the Cyclops.

Got my first time capsule today. All in Spanish. Had some useful bits in though

I found my first one and all it had was a bog standard air tank, took up half my inventory for ages before i realised and got rid of it.

Think im going to fill mine with floaters to really annoy whoever finds it

Associate
I've had two so far one had a joke in it and an item i can't remember and the other had a module for the cyclops the engine efficiency one i think so not bad so far, not sure what i'll leave in mine it'll either be something useful or ridiculous depending on how i feel when i complete it.

Soldato
Aren't time capsule spawns randomised or something? I thought a few spawn per biome but wasn't sure. Had 10 of those buggers so far iirc and a few have been useful whilst I had one that had nothing but floaters :o

Soldato
Relatively new to the game, just at the point where the
Sunbeam comes
but im having some real issues finding Silver and Gold. I really need to get this habitat tool made so I can start getting a base sorted, juggling inventory is proving difficult now, Ive so many floating waterproof containers around mt lifepod haha.

Great game though.

You really need to get a base built, even just a basic tube so you can fit a lot of containers inside for storage. You can also get a room which scans for the silver/gold to make it really easy to find.

Soldato
Just managed to get the moon pool for my sea moth.

The biggest benefit of a habitat is the storage lockers. Loads of space for stuff all in nicely labelled lockers.

Really enjoying the exploration angle. Having it all under water makes it feel so much more alien, really clever. Adds a constant edge of unease.

YES - got the cyclops :) It's mahoosive I was expecting it to fit in the moonpool ! Get the feeling I'm gonna need the powercell charger.

getting a strong feeling I'm only scratching the surface of this so far.

Back
Top Bottom