• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Ti Owners Thread

Caporegime
Cool, thanks.
Windows 10 latest update was released. Don't know if it's going to make a difference but it suppose to have DirectX ray tracing support now. Do you mind updating your OS and running time spy again?

Doubt it's going to make any difference, I've been running RC5 since early September.

It's like when Windows started supporting DX12, it didn't make existing games any quicker.

Caporegime
You know, is it possible? :D

tenor.gif

Soldato
Hi Silent Scone (I assume you're the same from overclock.net), do we know more about this Galax 380W bios already?
I mean if it comes from a reference AIB like the Galax SG model?

Hi, please let us know if you really get it tomorrow!

Just got the shipped confirmation, just waiting for a time slot tomorrow from DPD which I normally get around 9am.

Ohhhh man, I hate you right now. I have to wait til around the 20th for the MSI Trio :(

Don't worry I'll let you know how Tomb Raider runs :p

Associate
I got my 2080 Ti Sea Hawk X today:

SjB7iV1.jpg
yY0QZX8.jpg

So far:

-very good cooling, 40ish temperature under load, I wasn't able to get it to 50C
-very good radiator magnetic fan, very quiet, like 2 times quieter than stock fans of my Corsair H115i (that are maxing out at similar RPM to MSI fan)
-not a 3-slot brick
-I got it for only 50 EUR more than MSI Trio X or EVGA XC Ultra, so thats barely a difference
-decent power limit at 330W max
-after OC it matches my 1080 SLI OC in benchmarks, which is exactly what I expected, the power of my 2 cards in one

-very short tubes, they didn't reach the front of my Define R5 case (about 5 cm too short)
-plastic shroud is not of very good quality (rather mounting quality than plastic itself, not enough mounting points cause it to bend in some places), but it is meaningless
-despite very good cooling (so less voltage needed) this 330W power limit is still heavily limiting overclocking potential, throttling starts at as low as 1.000V voltage, which won't be enough for stable 2100 MHz

So the rumor of poor quality plastic shroud is true, but "barely lower temperatures than air cards" and "loud fan" is a complete nonsense, as expected.

There is nothing particular about this card, just a card with AIO mounted on and similar power target to best air cards, with some design flaws like poor quality shroud and short tubes. EVGA is going to have very easy win with their hybrid. If they decide to cool the memory with AIO again (which makes no sense because it compromises core temp significantly while memory does not need watercooling) then MSI is going to have significant lead in core temp like with 1080 Ti hybrids, but there will be no other advantages.

Last edited:
Associate
380W is still not sufficient to maintain a constant 2100MHz.

Possible. At 330W there is one moment in Time Spy where clocks throttle to as low as 1900 MHz, 200 MHz below target, thats mad. It won't do such things in games, but still, power limitations are really big. I hoped that people are just increasing the voltage to the max mindlessly and this is why there is so much complaining about power limits and that I will be able to get 2100 MHz comfortably with undervolting, but throttling is so bad that you would need to get 2100 MHz stable at something like 0.9V. At this voltage I am crashing with even 2000 MHz. Despite below 40 C temp.

where did you get the seahawk from :O, most places dont even have eta let alone shipping them out :( still waiting for mine.

From Polish shop www.morele.net. They listed it accidentally on Saturday without an option to buy so I asked when they are going to get some stock and they said that 2 units are arriving on Monday so I stalked the webiste for entire day and they appeared on sale when I was making my last check before going to sleep. So double luck :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I got my 2080 Ti Sea Hawk X today:

SjB7iV1.jpg
yY0QZX8.jpg

So far:

-very good cooling, 40ish temperature under load, I wasn't able to get it to 50C
-very good radiator magnetic fan, very quiet, like 2 times quieter than stock fans of my Corsair H115i (that are maxing out at similar RPM to MSI fan)
-not a 3-slot brick
-I got it for only 50 EUR more than MSI Trio X or EVGA XC Ultra, so thats barely a difference
-decent power limit at 330W max
-after OC it matches my 1080 SLI OC in benchmarks, which is exactly what I expected, the power of my 2 cards in one

-very short tubes, they didn't reach the front of my Define R5 case (about 5 cm too short)
-plastic shroud is not of very good quality (rather mounting quality than plastic itself, not enough mounting points cause it to bend in some places), but it is meaningless
-despite very good cooling (so less voltage needed) this 330W power limit is still heavily limiting overclocking potential, throttling starts at as low as 1.000V voltage, which won't be enough for stable 2100 MHz

So the rumor of poor quality plastic shroud is true, but "barely lower temperatures than air cards" and "loud fan" is a complete nonsense, as expected.

There is nothing particular about this card, just a card with AIO mounted on and similar power target to best air cards, with some design flaws like poor quality shroud and short tubes. EVGA is going to have very easy win with their hybrid. If they decide to cool the memory with AIO again (which makes no sense because it compromises core temp significantly while memory does not need watercooling) then MSI is going to have significant lead in core temp like with 1080 Ti hybrids, but there will be no other advantages.

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

lMde8HM.png

Date 03/10/2018, Make MSI Sea Hawk, krzychowiec, Link
Date 29/09/2018, Make Palit GamingPro, mrozik, Link
Date 28/09/2018, Make Palit GamingPro, Silent_Scone, Link
Date 28/09/2018, Make Gigabyte Windforce, Quartz, Link
Date 27/09/2018, Make Gigabyte Gaming, GordyR, Link
Date 26/09/2018, Make EVGA XC Ultra, spikerules, Link
Date 25/09/2018, Make MSI Duke, Smffy, Link
Date 20/09/2018, Make Zotac Gaming Edition, LegendaryDread, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 2080 Ti.

Back
Top Bottom