• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

please just stop it, stop buying

Soldato
Looks like I was wrong to think people would not stop buying Nvidia cards. FT reporting this morning that Nvidia 3rd Quarter revenue is "disappointing", and knowing the FT's legendary powers of understatement, many investors will be selling Nvidia now, if they did not already do so in the sell-off last month. PLUS a 7% fall in revenue forecast for Q4 which would be Nvidia's first fall in revenue in five years. Yay for consumers (finally). Looks like Nvidia stocked up too much on cards for crypto and then the crypto market crashed.

They must shift that stock in the next quarter. Would anyone be willing to take those cards off their hands at a large discount?

Your thread worked OP ;) (ok well that and the fall in crypto and the October tech-sell off, but we'll take it!).

Happy Friday consumers, there may be hope for those of you who need gpus for Christmas. :)

Soldato
Looks like I was wrong to think people would not stop buying Nvidia cards. FT reporting this morning that Nvidia 3rd Quarter revenue is "disappointing", and knowing the FT's legendary powers of understatement, many investors will be selling Nvidia now, if they did not already do so in the sell-off last month. PLUS a 7% fall in revenue forecast for Q4 which would be Nvidia's first fall in revenue in five years. Yay for consumers (finally). Looks like Nvidia stocked up too much on cards for crypto and then the crypto market crashed.

They must shift that stock in the next quarter. Would anyone be willing to take those cards off their hands at a large discount?

Your thread worked OP ;) (ok well that and the fall in crypto and the October tech-sell off, but we'll take it!).

Happy Friday consumers, there may be hope for those of you who need gpus for Christmas. :)

I think it is to early to say.. but that is just my opinion.

Caporegime
70% more and yep you only have to check out Gregsters thread lol

£1300 to get a menu option in a game and kill your framerate while looking at yourself in a puddle then getting a cap in the ****

Priceless :p

I actually used to respect @Gregster but his sycophantic posts about RT worry me :p

It’s a shame

Performance is a lot better with Low reflection in RT but not sure it is still worth the performance hit and add in the fact that even with RT off, performance isn't great in DX12 thus far.

DX11 gives me amazing performance and like others have said, RT isn't doing that much to be worth it, especially in the parts I have played so far but I really hope they get to grips with it and DX12 gives much better performance, as well as RT. Needs patching me thinks but early days and I won't be giving up on it.

Just to clear things up, I quoted myself saying "Performance is a lot better with low reflection in RT but not sure it is worth the performance hit"

This is why I am done with you and any further response, as you really do begrudge those that have a RTX card.

Soldato
I think it is to early to say.. but that is just my opinion.

Jensen Huang has publicly blamed a "crypto hangover" for the growing unsold mountain of Nvidia gpus. He mentioned "excess channel inventory post the cryptocurrency boom, which will be corrected". How will Nvidia get rid of its unexpectedly large stockpile of gpus? How else will they correct this?

And how much of this is actually due to Nvidia's controversial pricing strategy?

Bottom line is Nvidia shares are down 16% in after-hours trading - that's what they really care about, they must stop that fall and they must shift that inventory. I don't see how else they can do it without dropping prices? Am I missing something else? Was I right first time: virtually insane fan brand loyalty will save the day for them again? Maybe! :) But they have to shift that stock...

Caporegime
Jensen Huang has publicly blamed a "crypto hangover" for the growing unsold mountain of Nvidia gpus. He mentioned "excess channel inventory post the cryptocurrency boom, which will be corrected". How will Nvidia get rid of its unexpectedly large stockpile of gpus? How else will they correct this?

And how much of this is actually due to Nvidia's controversial pricing strategy?

Bottom line is Nvidia shares are down 16% in after-hours trading - that's what they really care about, they must stop that fall and they must shift that inventory. I don't see how else they can do it without dropping prices? Am I missing something else? Was I right first time: virtually insane fan brand loyalty will save the day for them again? Maybe! :) But they have to shift that stock...
Just read that 1060s are massive in surplus stock, so I expect to see price cuts on those. As for the 2080 pricing, I agree the price is astronomical and never once defended it and can't blame those that say no.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

They are being greedy. All they would have to do is cut price or bundle some games and it would fly of the shelves. Just like every other time when new cards come out they discount the old stuff.

Permabanned
Are you so sure?

NVIDIA Q3 2018 Results Detailed Breakdown – Here’s The “Why” Of The Crash - https://wccftech.com/nvidia-q3-2018-results-detailed-breakdown-heres-the-why-of-the-crash/
I'm sure 2080ti for me was not big enough performance jump from Titan with waterblock I'm and many are waiting for 7nm gpus now

eee looking at this they still will make more in Q4 than they made in Q3 Q2 Q1.. So they are making MORE money not less. Or I read this wrong ??
nvidia-quarterly-trend-q3-2018.png

Soldato
Looking at the nvidia stock issues.

It would seem investors got used to the higher revenue from inflated pascal pricing, and sales were slowing down.

Nvidia could have lowered pascal prices to increase sales but probably still would have not reached revenue targets, their only hope to please the stockholders was probably to release a new gen at high pricing with pascal and maxwell level sales, it didnt happen hence the problem they got now.

I think RTX was a rushed release, and now knowing this stock issue, I now dont just think it, I believe it.

Soldato
Looking at the nvidia stock issues.

It would seem investors got used to the higher revenue from inflated pascal pricing, and sales were slowing down.

Nvidia could have lowered pascal prices to increase sales but probably still would have not reached revenue targets, their only hope to please the stockholders was probably to release a new gen at high pricing with pascal and maxwell level sales, it didnt happen hence the problem they got now.

I think RTX was a rushed release, and now knowing this stock issue, I now dont just think it, I believe it.

The main issue of the Nvidia shares is the Pascal inventory. $500,000,000 worth of Pascal (mainly mid range) cards are sitting in the warehouse unsold.
Thats more than 2 million GPUs. (1060/1070/1070Ti/1080).

Soldato
I think I remember atari having to bury a ton of stock in unsold ET games because they were too stubborn to sell it for a lower price.

I would probably buy a gtx 1050ti for £60 or so or a 1060 for maybe £100, nvidia just need to lower the price and they will fly off shelves.

Caporegime
I really don't understand why so many companies float themselves.

Given that many companies are eventually forced to do self-destructive things in order to please their shareholders. Maybe it's great for a while, but sooner or later the need to please shareholders forces a lot of companies to do things that aren't in their own best interests.

Caporegime
The main issue of the Nvidia shares is the Pascal inventory. $500,000,000 worth of Pascal (mainly mid range) cards are sitting in the warehouse unsold.
Thats more than 2 million GPUs. (1060/1070/1070Ti/1080).

Is that true? Gibbo keeps telling us there are hardly any 1080's left therefore no deals....

The latest nvidia deals for Black Friday are crap as well. Surely if they wanted to sell them they would be knocking the prices down?

Soldato
Is that true? Gibbo keeps telling us there are hardly any 1080's left therefore no deals....

The latest nvidia deals for Black Friday are crap as well. Surely if they wanted to sell them they would be knocking the prices down?

$500mn unsold inventory of Pascal....

Given the price we are talking about more than 2 million GPUs.

Back
Top Bottom