**** The Official OnePlus 6T Thread ****

Soldato
I have to say I have two main dislikes about this phone that are slowly irritating me..

1 - Speaker location is terrible, I cover it all the time and have to constantly adjust my grip to hear the sound.
2 - Camera performance is just flaky.. I find I take 3-4 extra shots of the same thing before I am satisfied with it. Pixel 2xl was as close to point and shot as I've experienced.
Speaker location is far from ideal but I do like how loud it is, it certainly compensates for the lack of a stereo counterpart. I find if I cup the phone with whatever hand is at the speaker end it directs the sound out, it's bang on for me. Other times I use earphones.
Re the camera. Get the Google cam port from XDA. There is a small bug but it is present on other phones as well where when it's opened at first it sometimes doesn't save the first photo or two - Google have promised an update to fix it. When all is said and done it drastically improves the quality of photos.

Soldato
Is there anywhere to get the 6T cases other than OP website right now? I have pre orders on the rainforest for the red silicone (£9.98) and Sandstone (£10.63) but they both show no signs of coming into stock and they've even stopped taking orders for the red. I can't justify the £34.10 they're charging on their site. Any way to get a discount through them?

Caporegime
I have to say I have two main dislikes about this phone that are slowly irritating me..

1 - Speaker location is terrible, I cover it all the time and have to constantly adjust my grip to hear the sound.
2 - Camera performance is just flaky.. I find I take 3-4 extra shots of the same thing before I am satisfied with it. Pixel 2xl was as close to point and shot as I've experienced.

I find pro mode much more reliable when it comes to consistent shots I'm happy with.

Associate
9.0.6 released.

Changelog:

System
  • Improved unlocking experience
  • Optimized standby power consumption
  • General bug fixes and improvements
Communication
  • Fixed issues with adding APN on Verizon network
Third-Party Apps
  • Fixed issues with no notifications from Play Store
Camera
  • Optimized image processing

Soldato
Has anyone ever ordered official OnePlus cases from Aliexpress? I see they have the full range for around a tenner each, a good saving from the OP website. I wonder are they the exact same cases or a very good knock off?

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
When you connect to something via Bluetooth does it show the all device names for you guys when you search for new devices?

All mine shows is MAC addresses... so I have no idea what to select to connect to my Bluetooth earphones..

Soldato
When you connect to something via Bluetooth does it show the all device names for you guys when you search for new devices?

All mine shows is MAC addresses... so I have no idea what to select to connect to my Bluetooth earphones..
Definitely device name for me. From experience the MAC address usually shows up first then changes to device name.

Caporegime

Depends how many devices are around for the phone to resolve. I tried to pair something in my office and there was just 100's of devices and ended up having to go outside to do it. If there's a few devices the names pop up instantly. My Samsung had the same issue so I don't think it's an issue with the OnePlus in particular. NFC makes life so much easier.

Soldato
Can someone post an unedited night pic (using night mode) from the 6T in a pretty dark area, i.e. enough ambient light to see but not huge amounts of light. Would be interesting to see how far things have come from the 3T :D

Here's my quickly taken 3T shot, while I was waiting for the car to demist a little earlier. Frankly I'm ashamed by the amount of noise, its terrible! This was in the HQ mode too which is meant to reduce noise :eek::o:

Soldato
Has the latest update improved the camera or fingerprint scanner much?
Don't know about the camera. However, this is the first phone or tablet where the fingerprint scanner actually works reliably for me. With all my other phones or tablets (including iPad) I have to use a PIN most of the time. The OP6T works 100% of the time - never had a failure yet.

Soldato
Isn't it weird how experiences differ so much. Worst FPS I've ever used for me, less than 40% reliable I would say.
It is odd as my fingers prints are rubbish lots of indentations and cut marks etc. I think that’s why conventional scanners don’t work correctly for me. If I don’t get my fingers exactly how they were when I set up the scanners they don’t appear to work. This new type of optical scanner must be a lot more forgiving.

The one on my new iPad is rubbish.

Soldato

The 3T left a sour taste in my mouth regarding oneplus as a company. I remember the hype prior to launch, and the CEO banging on about how epic the camera was.....and how we didn't need OIS as EIS was superb.
It was an utter dog of a camera, and as we know....they went back on their word and finally (after the 5 and 5T) re-added OIS. I hated the 3T camera, most of my photos came out blured (it was a software bug in the early days) but after a few updates it still wasn't great.

anyways, I think you'll be surprised with how much better the 6Ts camera is. Jeez, it can't be worse can it!

Soldato
The 3T left a sour taste in my mouth regarding oneplus as a company. I remember the hype prior to launch, and the CEO banging on about how epic the camera was.....and how we didn't need OIS as EIS was superb.
It was an utter dog of a camera, and as we know....they went back on their word and finally (after the 5 and 5T) re-added OIS. I hated the 3T camera, most of my photos came out blured (it was a software bug in the early days) but after a few updates it still wasn't great.

anyways, I think you'll be surprised with how much better the 6Ts camera is. Jeez, it can't be worse can it!

Do you mean the 5? Because the 3T has OIS and takes pretty decent pictures with gcam, the stock app isn't great though.

Back
Top Bottom