**** The Official OnePlus 6T Thread ****

Soldato
Pre-applied screen protector has been pretty crap for me. Has scratched very easily and the top is now peeling off. Waiting for the official tempered glass one to be released in the UK
Where the heck have you been using it, inside a concrete mixer? I have just sold on my Galaxy S7 and boxed up you would have been pretty hard pressed to distinguish it from new. My new OP6T is inside a Spigen Liquid Air case and will not be removed again until it's time for re-sale. This is the first phone I've ever owned which has had a screen protector, so given how I treat my phones if it does peel off in time then I won't be applying another.

Soldato
Where the heck have you been using it, inside a concrete mixer? I have just sold on my Galaxy S7 and boxed up you would have been pretty hard pressed to distinguish it from new. My new OP6T is inside a Spigen Liquid Air case and will not be removed again until it's time for re-sale. This is the first phone I've ever owned which has had a screen protector, so given how I treat my phones if it does peel off in time then I won't be applying another.

Nowhere particularly harsh, its been in my pocket with keys once for about 30 seconds. Its has lots of very small (3/4mm in length) hairline scratches on the screen protector.

Soldato
Nowhere particularly harsh, its been in my pocket with keys once for about 30 seconds. Its has lots of very small (3/4mm in length) hairline scratches on the screen protector.
Ah! I only use an empty pocket whether jacket or trousers. Coins and keys are a warzone to a phone.

Soldato
I'm conflicted. Logic dictates that the naked screen is much better than any protector (as I've learned through experience also). Why cover up the first display with GG6 with a flimsy protector? That being said my heart is ruling my head at the moment as I've yet to remove mine, it almost seems like tempting fate :p
I think I'll stick with it a while longer until it becomes a nuisance.

Soldato
Well, I disagree with you there. Without it feels MUCH better.

Well I'll be quite honest here, I didn't know until someone mentioned it earlier in the thread that my OP6T actually has a screen protector. To me the screen feels exactly the same as all my other phones (which have never had a screen protector).

The fact I hadn't realised it has one tells me it must be pretty decent.

Soldato
Well I'll be quite honest here, I didn't know until someone mentioned it earlier in the thread that my OP6T actually has a screen protector. To me the screen feels exactly the same as all my other phones (which have never had a screen protector).

The fact I hadn't realised it has one tells me it must be pretty decent.
You'd be able to tell if you moved from plastic screen protector to glass. The way the finger slides over screen is much improved. With plastic protector it is in many ways "grabby"

I personally have left it on and will let it stay, once scratched I'll go to naked glass as that is always nicer.

Soldato
Just saw a speed test comparison between 6T and Pixel 3 by Phandroid. I'll be the first to admit these sort of tests are not the be all and end all but they do give a rough indication. Anyway, the 6T absolutely craps all over the Pixel 3.

Soldato
I have to say I have two main dislikes about this phone that are slowly irritating me..

1 - Speaker location is terrible, I cover it all the time and have to constantly adjust my grip to hear the sound.
2 - Camera performance is just flaky.. I find I take 3-4 extra shots of the same thing before I am satisfied with it. Pixel 2xl was as close to point and shot as I've experienced.

Soldato
I have to say I have two main dislikes about this phone that are slowly irritating me..

1 - Speaker location is terrible, I cover it all the time and have to constantly adjust my grip to hear the sound.
2 - Camera performance is just flaky.. I find I take 3-4 extra shots of the same thing before I am satisfied with it. Pixel 2xl was as close to point and shot as I've experienced.
I suppose it depends how you hold a phone. Speaker is in the same place as my S7 so I'm completely used to it.

Regards camera: my only requirement is the shot is in focus. It's a phone camera not a DSLR and I'm no professional. Having said that the pictures look just as good as my S7 and my iPhone 7 which were both reckoned to take good pictures.

The only thing that annoys me about OnePlus is I didn't buy one before now.

Back
Top Bottom