Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Soldato
Bloody hell...

the minotaur is hard!

Again, really annoying though. I did all of the quests that lead up to the minotaur, which is a good quest chain. They were all level 31-33...then the cutscene plays where the kid opens the door to the labrynth and the quest to enter it is level 40!...so does the game want me to go off and do other things for 10 hours then come back? Bizarre! It should be level 34 at most so you do it in the logical order.

Yep I did that just yesterday. Bizzare. I went down there level 36 and after I got oneshotted I said frak it and went to Kythara, did everything there, and then went back to Minotaur on lvl 39 and killed him (it was still a long fight, but he didn't one shot anymore).

Is my favourite armour look so far in my 18 levels

Hiding Kassandra's face? Never!

Aargh I'm getting so frustrated! Saw some guards beating up some guy so I went and spoke to them. A cutscene plays and I tell them to leave him alone. They attack me, and the merchant I was saving joins them!

Shall we work to improve the obviously broken AI or add more microtransactions?...

Hahaha yeah this stuff happens regularly. The AI is laughable.

Soldato
So, how does this compare to Origins?

I finished Origins yesterday. I liked it overall, especially that it looked fabulous and I loved the setting atmosphere, but it's definitely not a game without faults. challenging or interesting, I thought. Is melee combat pretty much the same as Origins? Ranged mechanics/playstyles any different? Does it handle loot any better (far too much useless loot in Origins, I thought).

Soldato
Combat is pretty much the same but with no shield, and feels a lot more lightweight imo. You will dodge more. Ranged is pretty much the same too, but you only have one type of bow and the different firing types you had in origins are now all skills that you learn.

Loot is better, but then I didn't take mush notice of it in Origins as I played with no hud so had no idea what I was picking up!

Soldato
A huge bonus is you can parry hits, slow down effects with a "ching" sound, and then you go into flurry attack mode it's great.

IMO a huge step up from Origins while keeping what you liked.

Soldato
Phew, I finally beat the Minotaur!

It is quite a well designed boss fight actually... Providing you fight it at an appropriate level. I did it at e7 in the end. Tbh I found the second phase much easier than the first, easier to read the attacks.

Out of interest, what is everyone using on their ship? I just got my first figurehead... I didn't even know they were a thing. I am using 3 Ubisoft club rewards actually because I find they look the best I've come across so far-- The Agean Pirate design, the medjay crew(easily the best) and I have Bayek as a LT.

Soldato
Out of interest, what is everyone using on their ship? I just got my first figurehead... I didn't even know they were a thing. I am using 3 Ubisoft club rewards actually because I find they look the best I've come across so far-- The Agean Pirate design, the medjay crew(easily the best) and I have Bayek as a LT.
I find it weird to import stuff from another game that takes place 400 years later. So I am using the default adrastia look, default crew look and minotaur as figure.

Minotaur was lot harder than Cyclops. That guy went down in a minute.

Soldato
Combat is pretty much the same but with no shield, and feels a lot more lightweight imo. You will dodge more. Ranged is pretty much the same too, but you only have one type of bow and the different firing types you had in origins are now all skills that you learn.

Loot is better, but then I didn't take mush notice of it in Origins as I played with no hud so had no idea what I was picking up!

A huge bonus is you can parry hits, slow down effects with a "ching" sound, and then you go into flurry attack mode it's great.

IMO a huge step up from Origins while keeping what you liked.

Well, I guess that sounds quite good. I did enjoy Origins. I'll definitely stick Odyssey on my to-play list.

Associate
Got back into playing this after a break and again loving it. Had some new dlc which was decent and added some decent new features. Glad I brought the season pass as it’s been more then worth it.

Soldato
gqdd.jpg

Very fond of Animals it would seem.

Though my Alpha Lion died very shortly after this during his first battle. The companions seem to die very quickly. Currently have a Lynx which seems to be a bit more sturdy!

Caporegime
Yeah, I make sure to have the 100% animal health perk on one of my items. And now I've got ability points taking my animal health to 120%. It only really works when you're fighting "normal" enemies though. If you're up against a mercenary, the animal tends to die pretty quick as the mercenary always seem to target the animal first. But as I'm only playing on easy mode, I'm happy enough. If I was playing on harder difficulty, I'd probably put those ability points into other things like my health.

Back
Top Bottom