Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Soldato
Yeah I keep reconsidering switching up my points. It's fun but it's not needed. Rather put the 2 points into my predator and devastating shot abilities.

Makes for a cool picture though

I can't work out if I'm playing this game wrong or if it really is that big. Almost 50 hours into it and I've still not even been to some of the bigger parts of the map and only a handful of islands. I'm level 25 or 26, can't remember.

Man of Honour
I can't work out if I'm playing this game wrong or if it really is that big. Almost 50 hours into it and I've still not even been to some of the bigger parts of the map and only a handful of islands. I'm level 25 or 26, can't remember.

Its that it really is that big, took me 107 hours to see it all

Soldato

No it is that big, but unfortunately filled with filler and copy/paste, like 100s caves with about three different layouts constantly repeating.

Caporegime
No it is that big, but unfortunately filled with filler and copy/paste, like 100s caves with about three different layouts constantly repeating.

Yeah I see your point but I don't seem to be getting bored of it at all. I think it's just so pretty. Every region on the map looks distinct enough that with practice you should be able to identify exactly where you are without the map. It's a far cry from Dragon Age 2 where everything did look the same. :p

Soldato
Yeah I see your point but I don't seem to be getting bored of it at all. I think it's just so pretty. Every region on the map looks distinct enough that with practice you should be able to identify exactly where you are without the map. It's a far cry from Dragon Age 2 where everything did look the same. :p
I don't entirely disagree - I have 70 hours played and also enjoy it, and it is true Crete looks different from Mykonos which looks different from Korinth. This stuff is good. But...yeah. If the world was smaller, they could make it even more unique and rely less on asset reuse, have more complicated quests..maybe one day.

DA2 is of course extreme example of how not to do level design, but then again it was done in like a year because EA...

Soldato
I’m finding it annoying when I’m clearing a fort and suddenly a mercenary pops up and starts patrolling everywhere I try and sneak. Even paying the bounty doesn’t make them clear off! Seems like the game is trying to get away from its stealth roots and wants everyone to be a warrior!

Soldato
I've killed all of the Mercenaries around my level. I need to find them all again now. Been busy recruiting for my ship so I have a full team of epic lieutenants. No idea why as I hardly sail. lol

Man of Honour
I keep forgetting to ask and now I've finally remember - what is the Cyclops Arges live event marker for? Have I missed whatever happened there?

Working abroad at the moment so not sure which event is currently on (they will be repeated if its passed), but all 3 Cyclops are in the game. Brontes, Arges and Steropes. Children of Uranus and Gaia.

AC:Odyssey is tying in brilliantly at the moment with my reading material, I'm currently listening to the 2 Stephen Fry audiobooks, Mythos and Heroes (15 hours each book). They are all about the Greek Gods and Greek heroes and the lore and legends and stories of them all. Its amazing to hear just how much of the lore of them is still present in our lives today, so many of the words and terms we use today are derived from the Greek legends, stuff like the Iris of our eye, the word Iridescent , phrases like taking the bull by the horns and on and on. Plus Stephen Fry is awesome to listen to anyway :)

Soldato
Ubisoft have deemed it necessary to issue an apology over DLC "Legacy of the First Blade Part 2 – Shadow Heritage."

Your in game character is forced to have a child in order to continue the assassin bloodline. Elements of the gaming community complained saying this does not support the gay community perspective and infact ignores them.

More: https://www.vg247.com/2019/01/17/as...acy-first-blade-part-2-ignores-gay-characters

Man of Honour
Ubisoft have deemed it necessary to issue an apology over DLC "Legacy of the First Blade Part 2 – Shadow Heritage."

Your in game character is forced to have a child in order to continue the assassin bloodline. Elements of the gaming community complained saying this does not support the gay community perspective and infact ignores them.

More: https://www.vg247.com/2019/01/17/as...acy-first-blade-part-2-ignores-gay-characters

Good grief, what a sad sad society we have become. So very sad.

Associate
Good grief, what a sad sad society we have become. So very sad.
And this is the reason why we're not getting any decent games anymore! I'm sick and tired of all these people being offended over nothing! I tell you what, to make them happy they should've made the main characters both raging homosexuals who have wooden legs and learning difficulties! And instead of a health meter you have a lust meter where once filled you can erupt into a plethora of Gay orgies with the inhabitants of the world! Truly fed up with this crap ruining everything!

Soldato
I'm now on 86 hours. 67% main progression with 65% regions discovered.

Nowhere near getting bored with it yet.

One thing though- it could do with more abilities. None of the remaining ones, or the last 5 or 6 tbh have been particularly interesting.

Caporegime
I think I've had my fill. All the odysseys are complete, although the main game progression is at 97%. There must be something I've missed somewhere. But I've been playing this game for three weeks now and that is almost unheard of for me. Thoroughly enjoyed it. There are some bits and bobs I could do, some regions are still unexplored but I really do want to get on with my backlog. I've barely switched on my PS4 for the last six months and there are several titles on there that need playing now.

Αντίο για τώρα.

Soldato
Controversial, but something I've been thinking today-

Would the game be better without the Eagle-zooming in ability? I think it might. Most quests you just go to an area then send it up and it tells you exactly where to go. I think it would be more interesting without it. You already have clues that tell you the area to go to. I'd keep the Eagle but remove the yellow reticle that tells you where to look.

Man of Honour
Controversial, but something I've been thinking today-

Would the game be better without the Eagle-zooming in ability? I think it might. Most quests you just go to an area then send it up and it tells you exactly where to go. I think it would be more interesting without it. You already have clues that tell you the area to go to. I'd keep the Eagle but remove the yellow reticle that tells you where to look.

I agree with that. If there are two things I would remove (and I do my best to not cheese by using them myself) , its the eagle highlighting (I'm fine with the eagle for purposes of looking around, just dont have it highlight things) and the homing arrows.

Soldato
What grinds my gears is the infinite question marks. Real OCD frakker that one. And if you make them disappear on the map, all other icons disappear too, which makes it unusable.

I love that CDP let me disable those without disabling all other stuff. Question mark markers are scourge of exploration.

Associate
What grinds my gears is the infinite question marks. Real OCD frakker that one. And if you make them disappear on the map, all other icons disappear too, which makes it unusable.

I love that CDP let me disable those without disabling all other stuff. Question mark markers are scourge of exploration.

I disabled them in Witcher 3 also, which meant I could concentrate on the story, although discovering something was a genuine surprise. Displaying all the points of interest detracts from the experience because it encourages a systematic approach.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, those question marks are annoying.
I've had a session today but I'm just too exhausted to finish everything in the game, it was good fun while it lasted but it's just too big and repetitive. It's feels more like a chore now. I've cleared a lot but I think I'm done.

I still liked Origins a lot more, better setting and a better nicely-sized map overall. And more weighty animations, including horses.

I just want to jump back into RDR2:p

Back
Top Bottom