Watercooled Case Gallery

Soldato
OP
new_rig1b.JPG

Black Ice Extreme radiator, gutted 120mm as a shroud, SlitEdge block (suffered horrific galvanic corrosion) and a pump/res that I can't remember the name of.

We have come rather a long way in fifteen years!

Associate
It's Mayhems Pastel White pre-mixed in the 1L bottles. It's actually a tiny bit watered down as I lost a bit when I last emptied the loop, topped it up with distilled water. As far as I know the pre mixed bottles are just distlled water + concentrate mixed together in the same ratio as advised for the concentrate when you buy it by itself?

Associate
Taken from my build thread:
Not updated this for a long time due to work commitments and also only used the PC for work on the rare occasion I'm not 200 miles away. Starting a new role shortly and with winter firmly here it's time for some gaming rather than going to the pub.
Completed my 1st watercool'd build the other day and on the whole happy with it. Res/pump to bottom rad could be better, think I'll swap the 45 connector to a 90 and route it around the back of the graphics card. Had to do the vertical rad to pump in hard line, I attempted it all at first with no angled fittings and it didn't go well. Drove down to overclockers and paid for 10 compression fittings, loads of soft tubing and loads of 45/90 fittings. Imagine my annoyance when getting home to find only 9 compression fittings.....
Now under water upped the volts to 1.4v and tried 5.4Ghz, ran fine until a stress test where I got instant BSOD. Upped it to 1.43 incrementally and now prime95 stable for 2 hours at 5.4Ghz, I'll monitor it over the next few weeks but it's looking good so far. Max temps ive seen now are 83c at those volts which I'm happy with.
Side panel now won't fit, due to the width of the card/waterblock, it's around 3-4mm out, I'm going to get some standoff and smaller screws sorted for this. The front panel will also be binned, in 2 minds between another glass panel or going brushed anodized aluminium as the rest of the case is. It will need to be slightly wider to account for the side panel and I'll have slots cut at a 45° angle for the fan intakes.
Whole build will be redone in hard line at some point but I need a little more practice first.
Few photos below.
bZvYKkx.jpg
JbxdDcx.jpg
K1xR2rD.jpg
HKjHhuE.jpg
I88qtkT.jpg
BvqpMKy.jpg
bsw1Kjg.jpg

Associate
Nice. Just switched out my Mayhems Pastel White for some Mayhems Aurora Red. Got to say while the Aurora is really nice and fascinating to watch I think I actually preferred the white.

Not too bothered about the Aurora gunking up my system at this stage as I'm planning upgrading gpu early next year so the loop will get blitzed.

Soldato
Nice. Just switched out my Mayhems Pastel White for some Mayhems Aurora Red. Got to say while the Aurora is really nice and fascinating to watch I think I actually preferred the white.

Not too bothered about the Aurora gunking up my system at this stage as I'm planning upgrading gpu early next year so the loop will get blitzed.

Mayhems Aurora in silver is the one if you liked white, stuff is so amazing. Shame I can't use in in my loop any longer, but when I did wowzers! more so in the res with lighting in.

Associate
Mayhems Aurora in silver is the one if you liked white, stuff is so amazing. Shame I can't use in in my loop any longer, but when I did wowzers! more so in the res with lighting in.

Yeah I looked at that but just fancied a bit of a change. Hindsight is a wonderful thing! Still like the red well enough though.

Soldato
Not the best picture but here's my simple loop. Using a Black Ice Nemesis GTS 360 Xflow radiator, EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 PWM and an XPSC Raystorm Pro block.

gUm0vkOh.jpg

Soldato
Well after my old Z68 motherboard finally giving up, I decided that an upgrade to something more modern was in order rather than replacing it with an old used board. It was sad to see the old trusty 2500k go, but things move on.
Bought and installed the i9600K (@4.9Ghz stable, 5 requires a bit to much power and heat for my comfort), Aorus z390 Ultra, Aorus 16GB 3200 ram kit, EKWB velocity RGB cpu block and samsung 250gb M2 SSD to run as a system disk.

My trusty 2500k build in the Phanteks evolv atx TG, before giving up on me.
pAg91OPl.jpg

So... heres one straight after rebuilding with upgrades into the Evolv.
L5JWymNl.jpg

unfortunately about 3 weeks after building this, whilst transporting the PC, it was on the ground after taking it out of the car and tipped over, which in turn shattered all the TG, bent window mounting lugs inward and just generally made a right mess of the case... ******* stupid mistake, but eh, **** happens. Thankfully there was no actual damage to the system components themselves.
So this weekend I stripped it all out cleaned everything up and went about sourcing a new case to put it into. Now I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking when I bought it, but I ended up with a Coolermaster Cosmos c700p. All I can say is "Holy ******* weight batman!!!", how heavy? I got a shock when it was delivered! I knew it was gonna be big, but WOW!!! Anyway all the kit is now transferred over and installed, quite impressed with installation options and modularity of the case, so much space for WC options, not so impressed with some of the fit and finish(front and rear panels) but all in all i'm happy.

r5MTfCbl.jpg
v7xQ8kol.jpg

Need to seriously look at getting it kitted out with hard tubing, but i'll hold off on that and do it at the same time as I upgrade to I9, I guess there is nothing massively wrong with the I5 for the moment, but I had the I9 in the basket and bottled it at the last moment cheaped out and bought the I5 and now kinda regret not just going for it or at least the I7, I'm sure the I7 would be just as effective for my usage, but if i'm going to upgrade anyway I might as well go all out.

Soldato
OP
Fractal Design Define S
Titan X - full cover EK plus back plate
1070 - full cover EK
Swiftech MCP350 with XSPC reservoir
Alphacool 280 ST30 Crossflow
Alphacool 280 ST30
EK Duraclear
EK Cryofuel
No-name Chinese CPU block
Barrow fittings

IMG_2485.JPG

One of the principles was to have the shortest tube runs and I think I managed that.

The system is only used for Folding@Home so does run at very high load on those GPU but their temps are both under 50C.

Back
Top Bottom