*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Any idea on a release date for Link's Awakening? I remember playing it when I was about 7, but I was way to young to get to grips with it properly (or even to remember it).

Soldato
Not sure about Mario Maker 2 as I am not interested in creating levels. BoxBoy I know nothing about. DQ XI looks good. FE Three Houses looks great though I've never played one before. Definitely interested in Astral Chain as I love Platinumgames. Oninaki looks really nice and I will be all over Zelda - looks amazing. All In all pretty decent stuff covering the next 6 months or so. Gutted no MP Trilogy :(

I had Links Awakening on the GBC but never completed it.

How is FFIX? Worth jumping in for £16.99? Never played it. I will grab the new demos tonight.

Soldato
I've played DQ11 on PS4 and just couldn't get into it. Compared to other offerings it just felt bland and dated. The visuals are kind of smart but I drifted off it at about the 10-15 hour mark if i recall. Some people loved it though.

Soldato
Not sure about Mario Maker 2 as I am not interested in creating levels. BoxBoy I know nothing about. DQ XI looks good. FE Three Houses looks great though I've never played one before. Definitely interested in Astral Chain as I love Platinumgames. Oninaki looks really nice and I will be all over Zelda - looks amazing. All In all pretty decent stuff covering the next 6 months or so. Gutted no MP Trilogy :(

I had Links Awakening on the GBC but never completed it.

How is FFIX? Worth jumping in for £16.99? Never played it. I will grab the new demos tonight.

I am going to as I never completed it on the PS1. Its the PS4/PC port so you can have no random battles, 9999 damage hits, refill HP/MP, and a 2-3ish x speed boost.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Not sure about Mario Maker 2

Never played the first one but I am slightly addicted to watching a guy called Ryukahr play ridiculous levels on Mario Maker. I think its one of those games which has two sides to it so even if you don't want to make levels you can enjoy the game still. I mean, in theory, if you like 2D mario games at all this is like an all you can eat buffet of Mario without the constraints of it being easy to play for kids. There are levels from super easy to almost impossible. Its literally the only thing in the Direct that got me excited. Without it I would be really disappointed.

In even better news though:

Team Cherry have revealed their next game Hollow Knight - Silksong

Absolutely loved Hollow Knight and I can't wait to get my hands on this. I just hope they charge more for this than they did for the original game. In hindsight I would happily have paid £40+ for it.

Soldato
Never played the first one but I am slightly addicted to watching a guy called Ryukahr play ridiculous levels on Mario Maker. I think its one of those games which has two sides to it so even if you don't want to make levels you can enjoy the game still. I mean, in theory, if you like 2D mario games at all this is like an all you can eat buffet of Mario without the constraints of it being easy to play for kids. There are levels from super easy to almost impossible. Its literally the only thing in the Direct that got me excited. Without it I would be really disappointed.

In even better news though:

Team Cherry have revealed their next game Hollow Knight - Silksong

Absolutely loved Hollow Knight and I can't wait to get my hands on this. I just hope they charge more for this than they did for the original game. In hindsight I would happily have paid £40+ for it.
Great news. May replay hollow knight soon :) great value imo

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeah I'm mega excited for the new Hollow Knight. Hornet is such a great character. I'd happily pay more than I did last time as well.

I feel like I owe them money from the first game. I'm sure it wouldn't have got quite so many sales at a £20 price point as it wouldn't be such an easy buy but it was ridiculous value for £12 or whatever it was.

Associate
Really looking forward to playing Links Awakening, never gave it a go on Gameboy but only recently played A Link to the Past and loved it (here's hoping they do something similar to that).

Soldato
Not sure about Mario Maker 2 as I am not interested in creating levels.

I picked up Mario Maker on the Wii U recently and wasn't interested in making levels either but once I got started I loved it.

Almost feels like piecing together a puzzle or something as you incrementally add to the level layer by layer and was much more enjoyable than I expected.

You get feedback on how many people tried your level, completion % and people can star it if they like it too which is great. There is still quite an active community on Wii U which considering the number of sales is quite impressive, on the Switch this could be brilliant.

I'm just intrigued to see how they change or improve the interface as I found the stylus to be very useful.

Soldato
Aye I forgot about the DX version having an extra dungeon, I remember it now. Wonder if the Switch will have extra dungeons then now you mention it.
Yes, LA was one of those rare games lf or me, you pick up, not expecting to enjoy a whole lot and then finding it enthralling. A bit like when I read one of my sister's Bunty annuals; mmmh ahem. I
Seriously though we'll in my top ten gaming experience of all time.

Associate
My switch is crashing when inserted into the dock, needs a hard reboot to get out of the black screen. Tried 3 different (official) docks same issue. Need to send it back and it's OOW. Any idea how much this will set me back?

Soldato
Bought Down well, really fun actually and dirt cheap. Almost tempted to trap one of those vertical switch grips to hold it up for games like that. Has anyone bought one?

I see they can be bought from the states

fez

fez

Caporegime
My switch is crashing when inserted into the dock, needs a hard reboot to get out of the black screen. Tried 3 different (official) docks same issue. Need to send it back and it's OOW. Any idea how much this will set me back?

Where did you buy it from and when? If it was the official Nintendo store you have 2 years waranty

Back
Top Bottom