What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
At least with modern bikes it’s hard to see the key.

Gave the ktm a good going over last night, fresh oil, cleaned the chain and re-lubed, cleaned and re-oiled the air filter, torqued up all the spokes and put some trials tyres on there as I’m hoping to take part in a competition this Saturday.

Also got some new bars on order as I flipped it last time out :D. When they land, hopefully tomorrow, I’ll get them fit and put my new heated grips and hand guards on at the same time.

Transmission breaker
Don
Did some wrapping :D
CBR125RWrap07.jpg

Soldato
Replaced the rubber on the foot pegs of my Sprint, got some nice after-market rubber, thought "this'll take a minute".

2hrs.

3 screws came out absolutely fine. The final screw took:

1 screwdriver
1 file
1 flat-head screwdriver
1 drill
1 screw removal tool (didn't work)
1 set of mini bolt cutters (removing the old rubber so I had enough breathing space to get pliers around it
1 can of wd-40
1 blowtorch
1 set of pliers

Soldato
It's not DIY if it does not take longer than expected!
True. I'm looking at the little rotten rubber boot that covers the rear brake switch, and thinking "either this is just a quick job of my cutting the old block off, adding new spades and putting over the new boot, or it's a complete re-loom of the bike"

Soldato
Nothing to my own bikes, the GSXR has been sat in track trim in the garage since the last TD in Sept.... :o

But I have been helping a friend strip his bike recently, he's doing a cafe racer job on it, so stripped off the parts he wanted powder coating, they've been done, and this week I will put them back on :p

s2S5CWDl.jpg
s5UYMyfl.jpg

Also brother got knocked off his bike about a month ago, he's bought it back from insurers so thats getting delivered to mine this weekend so I can check it over and repair.... joy! :rolleyes::D

yMGsyj0l.jpg

Soldato
Added some bar ends to my CRF Rally, changing the White fork protectors to Black ones, fitting a new tall windscreen and heatshrinking the connectors on the heated grips when the weather improves.

Soldato
Cool that should keep the water at bay! I’ve just bought some heated grip elements to put on my ktm but it’s a bit of a faff as I needed to buy new grips and throttle tube and a wiring harness to take it back to the battery.

Associate
Rode it to work after almost 3 months off :rolleyes: felt good to be back on it but only a short journey so new back tyre needs scrubbing in at weekend if the weather breaks double digits :cool:

Back
Top Bottom