• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
The only thing that I care about is these leaks will give AMD much more initiative to sell Ryzen 3000 cheaper than they plan to.
Because AMD's primary mission and goal is to attract customers. High prices don't attract customers, the opposite, they make the customers angry.

No, their goal is to make money and if they offer better CPU's with more cores for less money they will do that.
If you don't like the prices then buy an older gen cpu... Or take up protest outside their HQ, I'm sure they'll listen.

Associate
Because most of the people are like this:

And when they buy in the range 100-300, where 84% of the customers are, most often they get non-responsive configurations. Which means that we must push higher specs in the same price brackets and urgently so.
I am tired of fixing or trying to fix sluggish as snails machines which their users/owners can't normally use!

28cpnpu.jpg

I cant afford to pay £100k for a car, should these cars nort exist? Its the same for hardware becase the vast majority wont be paying more than £300 for a CPu then they should not be made or the price should be capped at £300? I dont have money to burn but 2 years ago i stopped smoking and all the money i save on smoking now goes away for toys. I have been waiting for AMD to get some high end motherboards so in 2 weeks tyime i am going to order a 3900X and a Gigabyte xtreme. I dont want to wait till Spet for the 3950X and cant really stretch to teh cost either but that does not mean that does not represent good value.

Soldato
I definitely feel like at a given price point it's going to be a choice between PCIe 4.0 or other features on an equivalent X470 board. For me personally, 10 GbE is more interesting than PCIe 4.0 and considering consumer cards are still ~£100 still, the X470 Taichi Ultimate at £250 doesn't look so bad (and presumably it'll drop a bit once X570 appears). On the other hand, retroactively adding 10 GbE to a machine is easy, whereas adding PCIe 4.0 obviously isn't.

Soldato
I wonder if the tech press are misinterpreting rumours/news about B550 not having PCIe 4.

"Asmedia's chipset isn't PCIe 4". OK, fine, but the CPU is. The CPU provides most of the operating lanes, so although there may be no PCIe 4 PCH for NVMe RAID and all that jazz, surely there's still 1 NVMe drive and GPU lanes that can be PCIe 4 because they're directly off the CPU? Hell, BIOS switch the GPU slots to PCIe 3 if more than 1 card is installed, otherwise the 1st 16x slot is close enough to the CPU to not need 8-layer PCB and retimers, or at least only a single retimer.

Because it would also be an extra kicker to Navi in saying "oh, and to use Navi at its maximum you need X570 as well".

Soldato
I wonder if the tech press are misinterpreting rumours/news about B550 not having PCIe 4.

"Asmedia's chipset isn't PCIe 4" is fine, but the CPU is. The CPU powers most of the lanes, so there may be no PCIe 4 PCH for NVMe RAID and all that jazz, but surely there's still 1 NVMe drive and GPU lanes that can still be PCIe 4? BIOS switch the GPU slots to PCIe 3 if more than 1 card is installed, otherwise the 1st 16x slot is close enough to the CPU to not need 8-layer PCB and retimers, or at least only a single retimer.

Because it would also be an extra kicker to Navi in saying "oh, and to use Navi at its maximum you need X570 as well".

There's still some missing information I think. I've seen mention a few times, bits that can't be talked about regarding the motherboards due to "NDA". MSI livestream on X570 mentioned it and Buildzoid also mentioned the "thingy" he couldn't talk about! I'm hoping there will be some synergies if you're using an all AMD system or perhaps just all PCIE 4.0 system.

Soldato
So if anyone buys a x470 board how would you go about updating bios for 3000 chips if you don't have a older ryzen? I know about bios flashback, but not all boards have this feature?

Ask the retailer to see if it has the latest BIOS if not ask them to flash it for you. OCUK have said they will do this but may delay shipping by a few days.

Soldato
Trying not to be a bore, or being funny. But can you please post that in understandable english ?

:(
Mixture of broken keyboard and being to lazy to proof read .

Seems x590 is meant to be what x490 was meant to be , but got canned .

If it does come out, can only think for Gigabyte / Aorus it would be the Waterforce Xtreme and Designare boards that would use that Chipset , and they aren't part of the x570 line up.

Guessing prosomer renders what cheaper x399 set up for multiple GPUs . Running possible x590 with basic 4 core Ryzen would allow that .

Soldato
:(
Mixture of broken keyboard and being to lazy to proof read .

Seems x590 is meant to be what x490 was meant to be , but got canned .

If it does come out, can only think for Gigabyte / Aorus it would be the Waterforce Xtreme and Designare boards that would use that Chipset , and they aren't part of the x570 line up.

Guessing prosomer renders what cheaper x399 set up for multiple GPUs . Running possible x590 with basic 4 core Ryzen would allow that .
All the spaces are killing me.

Soldato
don't get your knickers in a twist.
as i said...we can only go by what's currently available out in the open currently - and with lack of concrete evidence, it's no doubt that one may draw different conclusions from this as a result.
that being said, this is what we know at the moment:

look at the low-end x570 gaming x - 5 pseudo-doubled phases with 60A powerstages = 600A (granted it's of lower quality)
mid-range aorus pro - 6 true doubled phases with 40A powerstages = 480A
top end aorus ultra - 12 true phases with 50A power stages = 600A

not even going to compare the aorus master as that's a halo product

now unless you've got a top end x470 board (eg taichi/c7h), it's not going to be even close to the bottom tier x570 boards...
taichi = 2(6)*40 = 480A
c7h = 2(5)*60 = 600A

x470 strix-f = 6*60 = 360A

I'll have to double check, but think Gaming X and Elite or true phases. Done of the marketing or dodgy stuff Asus did . Will have to double check though .
Aorus messed up though, Master Needed to be 8 layers !!! It's not the flagship but it's the poster boy ...
iTX boards will be running rings arou d ATX boards :D

Back
Top Bottom