What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Cold Pursuit - 7/10

Mr Neeson's view of people of Afro-Caribbean origin aside, this wasn't a bad movie. Somewhat reminiscent of Fargo with a touch of True Romance, as Mr. N's vengeful snowplough driver plays off two rival drug gangs against each other, following the murder of his son. Not quite as good as the original Taken and the ending is a tad ambiguous, but a fair bit of laconic/black humour - " 'dog and a beer" movie for a weekend evening.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I thought that was ok, up until the bit he fights Bigfoot. Just lol.

Watched I Am Mother last night. It was ok.

Soldato
Its only "based" on a true story so they've made a few changes like -

Gotcha :D
Lol I'm going to watch it tonight and then go into the conspiracy theories about how Hitler is still alive and how many sightings of Bigfoot there have been. Sounds like the perfect evening

Associate
Alien:Specimen . 8/10
10 minute short film on YouTube , decent suspense and good ending , puts Ridleys last 2 efforts to shame .

Soldato
Alien:Specimen . 8/10
10 minute short film on YouTube , decent suspense and good ending , puts Ridleys last 2 efforts to shame .

Have you seen all 6 shorts? I was generally disappointed with most of them as they were very predictable.

Specimen was one of the two that I would consider good, the other was Alone. The rest are forgettable.

Soldato
Lol I'm going to watch it tonight and then go into the conspiracy theories about how Hitler is still alive and how many sightings of Bigfoot there have been. Sounds like the perfect evening

TBF it's not the film you're expecting if you watch the trailer. While there is a small amount of "action" is more an introspective film about an old man coming to terms with his age and life and looking back at his past loves, with Hitler and Bigfoot thrown in :D

Soldato
TBF it's not the film you're expecting if you watch the trailer. While there is a small amount of "action" is more an introspective film about an old man coming to terms with his age and life and looking back at his past loves, with Hitler and Bigfoot thrown in :D
Ok I was kinda expecting something like that

Man of Honour
Spider-Man - into the spider verse.

Fresh and surprisingly funny, well worth a watch. Perhaps the best Spider-Man film, or even the best super hero film?

I’m sad to dock a mark for it being a smidge too long in the final sequences... so I’ll dock it half a mark instead.

8.5/10

Soldato
Omg I just finished watching The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot.

I absolutely loved it. The change of emotion in the movie is quite genius.

Anyone who is thinking of watching it should give it a chance and allow yourselves to be sucked into the story. Its not what it seems.

An 8/10 for me. IMDb rating is just incorrect.

Associate
Have you seen all 6 shorts? I was generally disappointed with most of them as they were very predictable.

Specimen was one of the two that I would consider good, the other was Alone. The rest are forgettable.

will have a look at Alone , yes the others where pretty dire.

Soldato
Omg I just finished watching The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot.

I absolutely loved it. The change of emotion in the movie is quite genius.

Anyone who is thinking of watching it should give it a chance and allow yourselves to be sucked into the story. Its not what it seems.

An 8/10 for me. IMDb rating is just incorrect.

I saw the title of this and thought it was going to be trash so didn't give it a second though. Having seen the reviews here and watched the trailer I think I'll give it a chance.

Soldato
I saw the title of this and thought it was going to be trash so didn't give it a second though. Having seen the reviews here and watched the trailer I think I'll give it a chance.
You most certainly should. Let yourself get sucked in by the emotional undertones. Its not perfect but I was willing to allow that to pass as the good parts out weigh the questionable ones :)

Man of Honour
Winchester - Think this was a ‘netflix’ film. It’s on Netflix anyway. Fun ghost house romp, pretty much exactly what I was after. Love this genre of ‘easy watch horror with a light dash of mystery’. Scooby Doo for adults :D

Film itself was very watchable. The final sequences were dragged on a bit too long but I’d still recommend as a light, fun watch.

6.5/10

Back
Top Bottom