• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Caporegime
They are still under cutting nvidia by $50 and offering similar performance. $300 and $350 would have been better but beggars can't be choosers. Now if the AIB models are going to push prices up to the super prices then Nvidia win again.
It's a given that the AIB models will be a chunk more expensive than the AMD blower edition. I don't think there's any doubt about it.

Soldato
Still a high price compared to mid range price/performance champs of the past like the 7950. But I'll feel a lot happier buying the 5700xt if it's roughly the same price I paid for v56 at launch two years ago (£380). I fancy an upgrade as I'm bored of 1440p 60hz & buying NV..? meh:p

Oh and.... :p

https://twitter.com/sherkelman/status/1146827961162711045

If this is all true ill be buying XT

Love all this me, this is what all us gamers need two companies coming together to fight for space. In the end we all win.

OcUK Staff

We have to put a product in to ensure the sections go live and sections can take over a day to appear and as its a Sunday launch were making sure it all goes smooth for 2pm, of course that is where cards shall appear and we have around 1000 in stock. :)

Associate
We have to put a product in to ensure the sections go live and sections can take over a day to appear and as its a Sunday launch were making sure it all goes smooth for 2pm, of course that is where cards shall appear and we have around 1000 in stock. :)

I See Gibbo, A Product, Nice Photo of a Pack Haribo go down nice for a test or a OCUK Special Edition Xmas tree:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Now if the AIB models are going to push prices up to the super prices then Nvidia win again.
But the Nvidia Super AIB models also add a big chunk so it evens out. Nvidia may have the Founders 2070 Super listed as £475, but EVGA (for example) are talking £500-600 for theirs.

I've also said this before, but I think it's worth reiterating: Nvidia can quote £475 for the 2070 Super all they want, it'll be moot if they don't have stock. They never changed the 10 series pricing on their site during the mining craze, but the infinitesimal stock meant customers were pushed towards over-priced AIB models anyway. So it's all well and good people proclaiming 5700XT DOA because it's only £25 less than the 2070 Super, but if you realistically cannot get a 2070 Super for less than £500+ then it changes the argument, especially if the recent chatter about Navi price adjustments are true as that puts the 5700XT £100 cheaper than the 2070 Super.

Associate
But the Nvidia Super AIB models also add a big chunk so it evens out. Nvidia may have the Founders 2070 Super listed as £475, but EVGA (for example) are talking £500-600 for theirs.

I've also said this before, but I think it's worth reiterating: Nvidia can quote £475 for the 2070 Super all they want, it'll be moot if they don't have stock. They never changed the 10 series pricing on their site during the mining craze, but the infinitesimal stock meant customers were pushed towards over-priced AIB models anyway. So it's all well and good people proclaiming 5700XT DOA because it's only £25 less than the 2070 Super, but if you realistically cannot get a 2070 Super for less than £500+ then it changes the argument.
Completely agree, and as I mentioned earlier, the $350 for the 5700 is before VAT and the added UK premium we get from GPU providers

Soldato
Completely agree, and as I mentioned earlier, the $350 for the 5700 is before VAT and the added UK premium we get from GPU providers
Well Gibbo has confirmed (rather naughtily) that the Ryzen 3600 is £189, which is a straight conversion of AMD's RRP to GBP + VAT (exchange rate at the time was 1.26:1 I believe) so there's no retailer gouge or UK fleecing going on with the CPUs. If Navi stock is plentiful and Gibbo also sells at converted RRP then that 5700 comes in at about £330 and the 5700XT at £380.

A series of BIG IFs of course.

Associate
Well Gibbo has confirmed (rather naughtily) that the Ryzen 3600 is £189, which is a straight conversion of AMD's RRP to GBP + VAT (exchange rate at the time was 1.26:1 I believe) so there's no retailer gouge or UK fleecing going on with the CPUs. If Navi stock is plentiful and Gibbo also sells at converted RRP then that 5700 comes in at about £330 and the 5700XT at £380.

A series of BIG IFs of course.
Interesting, and worrying for me as I just bought a Vega 64. Looking around it seems the 5700XT is 15% quicker than the Vega 64, but I paid 20% less than £380. Will wait and see, but I cannot see the Nitro+ (or whatever Sapphire call it for the next lot of cards) being less than £450. So I think (maybe) I made the right choice.

Caporegime
I can def see the Nitro's etc launching at £479+ when they eventually do. They are pretty epic (and a quick few driver revisions may boost performance 5/6% possibly, on top of the extra clocks that we'd get with the AiB cards)

Soldato
but I cannot see the Nitro+ (or whatever Sapphire call it for the next lot of cards) being less than £450. So I think (maybe) I made the right choice.
Oh God yeah, the AIB stuff will be £50+ over the reference blower, especially if the likes of Sapphire start pulling out custom PCB designs. But even then, the sliding scale of reference vs founders and AIB vs AIB still applies: Sapphire can push £475 for a 5700XT Nitro+ quite easily, but that's going to compared to an EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra which could well get up to the £600 mark.

Enjoy your Vega though!

Associate
Oh God yeah, the AIB stuff will be £50+ over the reference blower, especially if the likes of Sapphire start pulling out custom PCB designs. But even then, the sliding scale of reference vs founders and AIB vs AIB still applies: Sapphire can push £475 for a 5700XT Nitro+ quite easily, but that's going to compared to an EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra which could well get up to the £600 mark.

Enjoy your Vega though!
I am doing. The recent hot weather has actually forced the fans to come on!
I just hope the 5700 series can push Nvidia offerings (including the supers).
The Vega 64 does this now at a good price point, but it was over 3500 when it was released.

Permabanned
I'm in the market for Navi, Ryzen 3000 and X570 and not sure what I'll do yet. Navi is a no on release because of the blower cooler. The rest is all down to price, a decent price to performance ratio will be a day one buy. If not I can wait...

I'll be moving to a new Ryzen cpu, not straight away though.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-to-lower-the-price-of-radeon-rx-5700-series-ahead-of-launch

If this happens, pending reviews. I could be tempted to even get the anniversary card.

If it wasn't a blower maybe but it is. :(

Back
Top Bottom