Todays London Stabbing/Shooting

Man of Honour
That's pretty much the heart of the problem

It's pretty depressing that whenever there is a stabbing, you normally see the victims mother, auntie, sister all out the media. An older male is nowhere to be seen.
It may not be a popular opinion in today's era of 'toxic masculinity', but I am of the belief that the lack of male role models are partly to blame. There are so many young men being brought up by only their mothers. There aren't even many male teachers nowadays. Where do young men get their idea of what being a man is?

Soldato
It probably is a big reason. It's very difficult for a women to influence or discipline a boy once they reach teen years. They just won't listen.

It's just the natural order of things and it's the same with almost all species. With no other dominant males around they will always see themselves as in charge, even if they don't consciously realise it.

Soldato
@Lord-Jaffa

Would love your opinions on this
I've seen it before, what part exactly would you like an opinion on? He basically sums up the problem in his first few sentences, lack of personal responsibility, lack of education (again personal responsibility of parent/child as this is provided for free by the state), exposure to domestic violence (I'm shocked this is an issue in single parent households where the mother chooses her childrens father really carefully and not by how gangster he is), Masculinity (Again stems from breakdown of 2 parent household from bad life choices), relative poverty (poor life choices again and or choosing a life on welfare).

Personal Responsibility. There is none. For London this is a Black teen problem by the statistics. He then goes on to use extreme examples of things which have no relevance, like the IQ of some random kid, contempt for black life, victim complex and internal racism? Mental. This is a Black teen gang problem in London.

Soldato
He should become a polititian the way he avoids answering the question put to him. White people have committed more knife crimes, well the UK is 90% white so no ****. He was specifically asking about the current issue where black gangs are knifing each other and he just kept avoiding the link and going on about black achievements etc.

Soldato
Personal Responsibility. There is none. For London this is a Black teen problem by the statistics. He then goes on to use extreme examples of things which have no relevance, like the IQ of some random kid, contempt for black life, victim complex and internal racism? Mental. This is a Black teen gang problem in London.

But no one wants to approach it like that because it's not "P.C". So they skirt around it as the problem gets worse.

Soldato
I've seen it before, what part exactly would you like an opinion on? He basically sums up the problem in his first few sentences, lack of personal responsibility, lack of education (again personal responsibility of parent/child as this is provided for free by the state), exposure to domestic violence (I'm shocked this is an issue in single parent households where the mother chooses her childrens father really carefully and not by how gangster he is), Masculinity (Again stems from breakdown of 2 parent household from bad life choices), relative poverty (poor life choices again and or choosing a life on welfare).

And it used to be a white teen problem in Glasgow, as he says.

Are you going to be explicitly racist and suggest that London's black community can't overcome the problems that the white Scottish community did with the appropriate measures put in place?

Soldato
And it used to be a white teen problem in Glasgow, as he says.

Are you going to be explicitly racist and suggest that London's black community can't overcome the problems that the white Scottish community did with the appropriate measures put in place?
This is the London stabbing thread, please explain to me what i've said that is explicitly racist and where I said that the issues can't be overcome. Otherwise take your fake outrage and labelling elsewhere, you are part of the problem.

Permabanned
@Lord-Jaffa

Would love your opinions on this

You wouldn't, of that I am sure ;) The main perpetrators are of of an easily identified group and until authority grasps the nettle it will keep on getting worse. The BBC's penchant for asking the opinions of the same demographic does nothing to help the situation whatsoever. They're just being their usual "right on" selves.

Soldato
This is the London stabbing thread, please explain to me what i've said that is explicitly racist and where I said that the issues can't be overcome. Otherwise take your fake outrage and labelling elsewhere, you are part of the problem.

You literally said
This is a Black teen gang problem in London.

But as Akala pointed out the same problem existed in white Scottish communities and was overcome by changing the approach.

The problem isn't with black or white, it's when a community ends up in poverty, that's when life becomes cheap for all the reasons given.

So if we stop people breeding as has been suggested above, maybe we start with the bigots of all colours, religions and sexes. Maybe that will stem the issues that have resulted in a communities being more likely to be in poverty and the social problems that come with it.

Associate
It may not be a popular opinion in today's era of 'toxic masculinity', but I am of the belief that the lack of male role models are partly to blame. There are so many young men being brought up by only their mothers. There aren't even many male teachers nowadays. Where do young men get their idea of what being a man is?
i would like to add all these violent rap songs that kids thing is cool to hear are also part of the problem

Soldato
You literally said

But as Akala pointed out the same problem existed in white Scottish communities and was overcome by changing the approach.

The problem isn't with black or white, it's when a community ends up in poverty, that's when life becomes cheap for all the reasons given.

So if we stop people breeding as has been suggested above, maybe we start with the bigots of all colours, religions and sexes. Maybe that will stem the issues that have resulted in a communities being more likely to be in poverty and the social problems that come with it.
It is a Black teen gang problem though IN LONDON, as the thread is all about. Are you that simple minded to suggest that by stating the fact that is widely publicised in the media, that statistics say is absolutely true, that Its racist to say so because thats what Akala said? LOL wow

Soldato
It is a Black teen gang problem though IN LONDON, as the thread is all about. Are you that simple minded to suggest that by stating the fact that is widely publicised in the media, that statistics say is absolutely true, that Its racist to say so because thats what Akala said? LOL wow

You really can't see the racist tone in your posts? Really? Yeah there is a problem with black kids stabbing black kids and there is a problem with white kids stabbing white kids and they are all stabbing each other. Why do people such as yourself seem to feel the need to bring the colour of peoples skin into it all the time? This isn't about skin colour, it is about socio economic issues. As was pointed out the poorest areas in Glasgow had a very similar problem, they were predominately white, no one felt the need to bring their skin colour into it there though.

Soldato

If we're descending that far, then you're an absolute idiot if you don't see that applying lessons learned elsewhere might work for the specific London issue we're discussing here.

Lessons learned elsewhere don't make them invalid when we're talking about the same underlying issues that result in you frothing at the mouth to blame blackness for the final result.

Soldato
If we're descending that far, then you're an absolute idiot if you don't see that applying lessons learned elsewhere might work for the specific London issue we're discussing here.

Lessons learned elsewhere don't make them invalid when we're talking about the same underlying issues that result in you frothing at the mouth to blame blackness for the final result.
Reading comprehension isnt a strong point for you is it? Where have I made any reference to "lessons learned" from Glasgow not being valid? I haven't mentioned them at all.

You're debating with feelings not facts, well debating is too strong a word, it's more like a parroting screech as you fall over yourself defending social justice.

Soldato
You really can't see the racist tone in your posts? Really? Yeah there is a problem with black kids stabbing black kids and there is a problem with white kids stabbing white kids and they are all stabbing each other. Why do people such as yourself seem to feel the need to bring the colour of peoples skin into it all the time? This isn't about skin colour, it is about socio economic issues. As was pointed out the poorest areas in Glasgow had a very similar problem, they were predominately white, no one felt the need to bring their skin colour into it there though.
Because statistics absolutely do matter when looking at causes and preventative actions. If you are so offended by associating people into demographics then why even bother saying its teenagers or young adults doing the stabbings? Surely that's age discrimination? What about Sex? Should we just say it's people instead of Males because that sexist? Your logic is absolutely non existent and entirely based upon your feelings and some silly rapper who has read a sociology book.

Without looking at all the facts you cant hope to target for prevention, as far as I'm aware Glasgow was mostly white and linked heavily to alcohol, I saw an article that suggested upto 80% of attackers and victims were intoxicated, is that racist or prejudiced to use that information to provide prevention then?

Its exactly the same in the USA with Black violence, in the last 60 years the number of single parent homes has gone from a low percentage to an extremely high one within that demographic, this coupled with welfare has had a massive increase on gang violence and black on black crime. Is that also racist to point out the root causes here? Exactly the same thing is happening in the London as in the USA, the warning signs are all there and the similarities are plain to see.

Your feelings and opinions mean less than nothing to the facts of the issue, by ignoring it and shouting down those who say there might be a problem here because of PC culture was what caused the sexual abuse of hundreds of thousands of girls over decades, if you squash free speach and give worthless labels to people you are part of the problem, not the solution. This attitude is what has stopped things like stop and search, which worked untill social justice got its grips on it, same with anti moped crime tactics.

Soldato
I'm half black and I agree that there is a black teen problem. Does that make me racist too? My best mate is black and he agrees with me too and nearly fell into the trap of becoming a black teenager gangster back in our days and but good vibes from me and his mum and some of his other friends prevented that from happening

Soldato

There was a cultural problem in Glasgow, there's now a cultural problem within the Black community in London. It is not the colour of their skin that is causing the issue quite obviously, it's a cultural problem within their community. It is massively disproportionately affecting the Black community in London at present, there's not some equivalent problem affecting White people of a similar socioeconomic standpoint.

Associate
What appropriate measures where put in place on Scotland?

Stop and search was used extensively to the point certain areas you had a 100% chance of being stopped by police. Mandatory prison sentences and length of sentences were tripled. Gangs and members were mapped and the information made public so there were no claiming ignorance or protection once you were caught.

After sentence there was a lot of intensive work to extricate gang members out of the culture and those who wanted them back in the gangs. Scotland was very different to London though, it didn't have the whole aspirational element to it in being a gang member that comes with the music, media, women and money that London does. Also a lot of violence was alcohol and drug addiction related (the buckfast made me do it defence) no sick games about how many points you get for stabbing somebody.

Back
Top Bottom