• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
i am too lazy to trawl into this thread ..anybody know stock situation of 3700x if order was placed in 5 mins after launch

From Gibbo regarding the 3700X
We have 400 ordered, we have sold less but the consignments are arriving split up which is not making life easy, for example one batch of 3900X was just 10pc, another batch was 200pc, so the order quantity more than covers pre-orders but what arrives on first batch is an unknown as the courier sometimes splits shipments.

Blimey, it's amazing when 1 side doesn't know what the others doing, my 3700x was dispatched today but yet live chat said it could be weeks lolllol. Well I'm glad I'll have it tomorrow so I can install it when the GF is asleep. Shhhhhh
So they do have them?! I'm so confused :'(

Associate
Thanks that's good to know!

Soldato
Was thinking of doing exactly the same thing, but I've changed my mind and think I'll go either 3700X or 3800X (depending on reviews) and future proof myself a bit. I'd like to not have to upgrade for about another 3 years or so, and given how 8 core seems to be more and more mainstream (console development etc.) I wonder if the 6 cores may start lagging behind at some point.

Not a bad shout, the jump isn't massive price wise so might be a better for as you say, future proofing

Associate
I'm genuinely not pro Intel/anti AMD I ran 4870/4890 295x2 quadfire, 6990 Quadfire, 290 trifire (yes very hot and noisy) 5970/5870 trifire plus Athlon 64 Venice/Barton x2 etc so I've given AMD thousands of pounds of my own money.
They've always been very good at hardware and I've always tried to buy them for my own personal use. I was running 3Dfx Voodoo 2 SLI nearly 20 years ago (yes entirely irrelevant:)).
I've been a tech journalist and I dislike Intel's anti-competitive practises and Nvidia's viral marketing/shilling and the fact they've recently been taking the **** with prices. Zen 2 launch is overall good but unfortunately
Adored TV's videos and the general consensus that we'd see 4.5ghz routinely on Zen 2 before launch has built an unrealistic expectation. I don't mean to be annoying and I understand someone saying these things
about the Zen launch might grate a bit especially if you're emotionally attached to Zen 2 performance (as in you've already bought into the ecosystem) but it needs to be said.
AMD are back with a vengeance in the CPU space and it's an incredible achievement in the circumstances given their resources, finally we have competition again but I wish their Marketing/PR managed expectations better.

Adored TV is someone I don't watch tbh so I can't comment on him. Anything pre-launch should be considered as hype. Many get carried away which is understandable when its a big launch.

I don't get emotionally attached to products or brands - life is too short. I buy the best value at the time to fit my needs.

I agree that their marketing/PR maybe should have jumped on excessive performance claims - but I guess if they did that their wouldn't be much time to do anything else.

Associate
No I've ordered somewhere secret, I would have preferred to order from OCUk but they can't deliver to drop off points which I prefer due to parcel theif
I'm having some issues with DPD which everyone seems to use. What courier are you able to use a drop off?

HRL

HRL

Soldato
What resolution are you at? I'd be tempted to get another 2080TIi if at 1440 or above and if you're at 1080 then you wouldn't need one. Which games do you play?
For anything other than Cities Skylines/Arma 3/Big simulations/e-racing you'd see more benefit from another 2080ti assuming SLI is supported in the game.

4K/60. Was tempted by a 3900X but if the uplift isn’t worth it, I’m not sure there’s much point.

Don’t know why but I expected a bit more of a boost with the improved IPC and clocks.

Back
Top Bottom