'Contact lost' with Malaysia Airlines plane

Soldato
I don't understand why planes don't simply upload the black box and voice data to the cloud as they travel.

Would make finding them a breeze as GPS data could also easily be included.

It will happen at some point, often these simple ideas are too simple to be thought off but do eventually get realised.

A bit like how you have the complexities of modern aircraft but no one thought that by putting all 3 hydraulics within a few inches of each other they would all be broken at once, yet a simpleton would realise that.

Soldato
OP
I don't understand why planes don't simply upload the black box and voice data to the cloud as they travel.

Would make finding them a breeze as GPS data could also easily be included.
There is a Canadian firm which provides black box streaming services already. http://flyht.com/

Some other interesting things I just discovered.

Pilots have previously objected to cockpit cams.

There has been discussions around developing a black box which can eject and parachute (with floating aids).

Apparently the cost of data streaming is an issue, as correctly pointed out by @CaptainRAVE. And that Flyht system is $100k for hardware and installation per plane.

Soldato
Good summary of events but the X-Files like music was a bit much, sort of alludes to there being darker forces at play.

The wreckage will no doubt be discovered at some point in the future with an advancement in technology or just by sheer chance, but the real question will be if they'll be able to extract any data from the flight recorders after such a prolonged time underwater.

Permabanned
I think the black boxes are designed to withstand severe depth for a long time. Obviously they will fail eventually but they should keep structural integrity for 20 years I would guess.

Transmission breaker
Don
I have my doubts it will ever be found. It's a very big ocean, and it's likely to be very deep.

We will never know what happened. I would love it to be solved, but it will likely be an modern enigma.

I think the black boxes are designed to withstand severe depth for a long time. Obviously they will fail eventually but they should keep structural integrity for 20 years I would guess.

Unlikely, the Air France ones were found after 2 years and had some corruption, but the core of the data was mostly intact. 20 years would be a near impossibility imho.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's looking like a murder/suicide.

The pilot of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is thought to have been in control of the plane "until the end", French investigators have reportedly said, marking the latest development in the aviation mystery.

MH370 vanished with 239 people onboard, including six Australians, after taking off from Kuala Lumpur on March 8, 2014.

A team of investigators given access to Boeing flight data at the company's headquarters in Seattle told French media that new information suggested Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, who was the pilot of the Boeing 777 plane, must have been in control until it disappeared.

(Source).

Pilot was likely clinically depressed; friends described him as 'lonely and sad.' There was no evidence that anyone else could have entered the cockpit.

Man of Honour
I have to wonder at this point if they don't want to officially admit to what happened to it though with the number of people involved in the operation I can't see that not having leaked out by now if the case.

I find it odd as well how several factors that seem quite important have just been let slip under the radar, seemingly little attempt to follow up on them and even less attempt to atleast publicly rule them out or investigate them.

Permabanned
I have to wonder at this point if they don't want to officially admit to what happened to it though with the number of people involved in the operation I can't see that not having leaked out by now if the case.

I find it odd as well how several factors that seem quite important have just been let slip under the radar, seemingly little attempt to follow up on them and even less attempt to atleast publicly rule them out or investigate them.

Expect Malaysian government just wanted it to go away.

Back
Top Bottom