• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
I just gave you first hand experience and I'm not backed/funded/paid/sponsored by any company/brand/manufacturer/agenda like 99.9% of YouTube, it is unfortunately the sad truth in 2019.

The gamers nexus review is honestly complete rubbish I assume his PC is in an oven? I have no clue how he managed to get his temps that high.

I don't doubt that aibs are cooler but it operates well below it's thermal cap either way so you gain nothing other than hwinfo showing you a different number.

Personally I'd definitely avoid Pulse since my Vega 56 Pulse had that obnoxious high pitched sound which is actually super annoying.

But hey do whatever you want it's your money haha :D.
Not 1 then, thanks bud :D

Soldato
Any graphics card on an open bench is going to be audible, in a closed case it gets muffled. My XT is audible while gaming but it's no more annoying than my previous Fury X with its coil whine.

Associate
I just gave you first hand experience and I'm not backed/funded/paid/sponsored by any company/brand/manufacturer/agenda like 99.9% of YouTube, it is unfortunately the sad truth in 2019.

Some aren't interested in first hand experience, they just want to parrot their favourite YouTube personality, or tech website. They don't have thoughts of their own.

The whole noise issue has been largely cooked up by people with emotional or financial ties to Nvidia; it's sheer desperation. Let's not forget that Nvidia only stopped using blowers with the RTX series, with even their most high-end GTX cards being available with blower based cooling! Where was the outrage with those? Anyone?

Associate
Some aren't interested in first hand experience, they just want to parrot their favourite YouTube personality, or tech website. They don't have thoughts of their own.

The whole noise issue has been largely cooked up by people with emotional or financial ties to Nvidia; it's sheer desperation. Let's not forget that Nvidia only stopped using blowers with the RTX series, with even their most high-end GTX cards being available with blower based cooling! Where was the outrage with those? Anyone?

I don't understand how anyone can take a review at face value, it's just so incredibly naive lol.

I ended up going with the reference version of the 5700XT based on people's personal experiences on here and honestly they were completely right.

I don't know what is going on with the reviews but they really are extremely misleading in this case.

Associate
Not everyone who owns an XT will undervolt & underclock so their experience may be.... this? Yep, 2100rpm on the XT blower is not the jet engine people like to make it out to be.

If you use the Auto Undervolt in Wattman, you'll end up with a cooler gpu and boosting higher. First hand experience like R3v4n is saying. Man, that name was hard to type. lol

Man of Honour
OP
Here it is:
2tV4Kaj_d.jpg
wZBjnd3

wZBjnd3

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Hk6Mrap.jpg

Date 19/08/2019, Make Sapphire Pulse, howkey, Link
Date 17/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, Raelgun, Link
Date 17/08/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, Voodoo_what, Link
Date 14/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, DrSteve, Link
Date 10/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, Potatowithearsontheside, Link
Date 08/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, R3v4n, Link
Date 08/08/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, Besty, Link
Date 07/08/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, willb1967, Link
Date 31/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, ernorator, Link
Date 31/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, Kevin Matthews, Link
Date 30/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, FiremanSam, Link
Date 25/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, xxalxx, Link
Date 25/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, brightside229, Link
Date 25/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, Panos, Link
Date 20/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, InvaderGIR, Link
Date 20/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, Aod, Link
Date 19/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, BOFH, Link
Date 18/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, gavinh87, Link
Date 17/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, LtMatt, Link
Date 14/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, bake73, Link
Date 12/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, jrodga2k5, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, LtMatt, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, docsonic, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 5700 XT.

Associate
I don't understand how anyone can take a review at face value, it's just so incredibly naive lol.

I ended up going with the reference version of the 5700XT based on people's personal experiences on here and honestly they were completely right.

I don't know what is going on with the reviews but they really are extremely misleading in this case.

AMDs cooling solution of choice is completely untenable (considering how the vastly superior dual fan comes at a mere 10$ more) and whilst admittedly the issues are overexaggerated there is no need to embellish the situation.

Associate
AMDs cooling solution of choice is completely untenable (considering how the vastly superior dual fan comes at a mere 10$ more) and whilst admittedly the issues are overexaggerated there is no need to embellish the situation.

I haven't embellished anything though, just given an accurate account of my experience with it, which is rather good.

If it were an extra £10 it would certainly be more attractive to get a non reference, but some of these premiums are a bit ridiculous to say the least (especially on OCUK tbh).

Associate
If you use the Auto Undervolt in Wattman, you'll end up with a cooler gpu and boosting higher. First hand experience like R3v4n is saying. Man, that name was hard to type. lol

I'm manually undervolting. My lowest power profile is 1800mhz/901mv. It's game & even scene dependant but in metro exodus for example the fan runs at about 1500rpm whilst the card approaches the temperature target of 80c. Or fan adjusted it hangs around 65c at 1900rpm approx. At stock 2100rpm I find it a little loud but the sound profile isn't annoying. 1900rpm & under I simply don't notice it. Gz on your card btw:)

Associate
I'm manually undervolting. My lowest power profile is 1800mhz/901mv. It's game & even scene dependant but in metro exodus for example the fan runs at about 1500rpm whilst the card approaches the temperature target of 80c. Or fan adjusted it hangs around 65c at 1900rpm approx. At stock 2100rpm I find it a little loud but the sound profile isn't annoying. 1900rpm & under I simply don't notice it. Gz on your card btw:)

What avg power usage do you get with your card in wattman or with killawatt in wall at 1800/901mv when gaming some?

Associate

It's not $10 for us though... more like $50! If only one region are getting good prices, then I'm afraid that particular argument falls rather flat, doesn't it. :)

Back
Top Bottom