****Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Official Thread****

Soldato
Meesa finks me has a' da answer as a why disa one still gettin' bettah scores dan da three firsty filmies..... Disacounta mesa's charactar from Eppies 1-3 and yousa haves a more levels play field. Okie dokies boyos?

:D

To be fair, I actually put TPM (I) above TLJ (VIII). But then I remembered the Midichlorians scene.

Soldato
The prequels aren't great, the overall plot is just a bit out of kilter and the Annakin Padme Arc is horrible to watch. But I cut the prequels a lot of slack because they are ambitious, they try to sell an entire universe that for all the plot problems is entirely consistent with the original trilogy. The new trilogy is so limited in scope even with TFA, with 6 planets somehow constituting the entire Republic. TLJ just doubles down on TFA bad decisions and takes an axe to every root or branch that might have been developed into a decent plot. Te prequels may have been clumsy but the new trilogy seems actively antagonistic toward the heroes of the original trilogy. A more wrong headed approach is hard to imagine.

Soldato
Imo the prequels while they had their flaws are better than these new disney ones. They just dont feel as star wars as the older ones do. I wonder what they could have been like if lucas was making them instead. Probably better imo.

Soldato
Actually, all three quotes have been Spacehunter so far, which is why I guessed you Googled it.

I googled the first however the second "I'll take that bet" could be Phantom Menace and "I lied" is just before Arnie drops the guy off a cliff after he told him he'd kill him last :D ;)

I'd have got any Aliens quotes in a heartbeat with Alien being my favorite movie of all time and Aliens somewhere in my top 10.

Caporegime
MNE9QKe.jpg

Wonder if that could be considered a sly dig at Johnson? Abrams essentially having to pick up the pieces and put them back together after Johnsons cluster**** of a movie.

Soldato
Saw an Angry Joe video where he put forward the idea that perhaps Snoke was 'possessed' by Palpatine. It's a nice theory on the surface. I'm nowhere near enough of an expert on SW to say if it could hold up to scrutiny.

Caporegime
Saw an Angry Joe video where he put forward the idea that perhaps Snoke was 'possessed' by Palpatine. It's a nice theory on the surface. I'm nowhere near enough of an expert on SW to say if it could hold up to scrutiny.

There's a load of theories like that doing the rounds currently, one saying that he transferred himself to Vader with the force lightning when he got chucked down the hole. It's bound to be clunky whatever way they explain it.

Soldato
I'm guessing EP9 is just going to be a remake of Ep3 and Ep6? Isn't it all just the same story in each trilogy with a slight twist?

I enjoy watching them but I won't spend a penny doing so.

Soldato
The whole TLJ ‘train wreck’ narrative doesn’t appear to be holding water as most seem to seem to rate it higher than EP1-3. Those didn’t get anything like the scrutiny or criticism as TLJ.

Seems the outrage is somewhat overblown.

Ep1 got 5/5 in most magazine reviews on release, it was only after ep2 was released that the industry shifted its tone with some even re-reviewing ep1 without the hype train in place.

You can't compare the timelines really. The prequels had a much bigger hype factor then the current releases but did eventually get heavily scrutinised for all being pretty terrible for the SW franchise.

Nowadays if you ask people they would probably say that at least the prequels felt like star wars!

Back
Top Bottom