The Liverpool Club Thread. **No Spoilers**

Associate
doubt it will be an issue. Fine at most. apparently it might even be a FA screw up in the player not having clearance to play despite us requesting it back in july.

Who cares in a late sub didnt have clearance anyway. didn't effect the game so a fine like previous cases would be standard.

Man of Honour
Cant see them kicking us out, not after the draw setting up Liverpool v Arsenal. Thats a global revenue spinner for the FA, no way they are going to do something to stop that match happening.

Soldato
Matip injury is gutting but gives gomez a perfect chance to get back in and get into the form he showed prior to his injury.

We need to rest dijk tomorow imo, I don't rate lovren much but I'd just give him a break tomorow and let lovren and gomez back in the side

Soldato
@BaZ87, Not sure where else this'd be relevant

Given you're a) a Liverpool fan and b) lover of stats

There's an episode of the Freakanomics podcast called "393 - Can Britain Get it's "Great" Back" and at around 40 minutes it has a 15 minutes segment with the Director of Research from LFC discussing his role in data analysis for scouting.

Don
OP
@BaZ87, Not sure where else this'd be relevant

Given you're a) a Liverpool fan and b) lover of stats

There's an episode of the Freakanomics podcast called "393 - Can Britain Get it's "Great" Back" and at around 40 minutes it has a 15 minutes segment with the Director of Research from LFC discussing his role in data analysis for scouting.
Cheers. I've actually listened to that already. He was interviewed by the New York Times (I think) the other month too - it's incredible to think just how much input one guy can have, despite never watching a player actually play before analysing him.

Man of Honour
Don
OP
Big blow to lose Fabinho for such a busy period. I suspect it would have happened anyway but this will probably see us play a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 more over the busy Xmas period. With Shaq, Ox, Keita, Lallana, along with Mane & Firmino, we've got lots of players that can play in the 3 roles behind a striker, it makes picking a midfield easier and allows us more opportunity to rest one of the front 3.

Back
Top Bottom