Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Don't understand why Rockstar released the game in this state. No one was chasing them to release the game when they did and they announced it out of the blue.

Waiting another 2 months to do some QA wouldn't of hurt and would have left a more positive impression with end gamers/customers.

Man of Honour
Don't understand why Rockstar released the game in this state. No one was chasing them to release the game when they did and they announced it out of the blue.

Waiting another 2 months to do some QA wouldn't of hurt and would have left a more positive impression with end gamers/customers.

Maybe wanted to get it out this side of Christmas, maybe didn't want to get too close to the April release of Cyberpunk, maybe just didn't plan and arbitrarily threw a dart at a calendar as a business making decision.

Soldato
Still getting freezes, not as long but its still happening another odd thing is that on the introduction screen the "Z" for changing settings is greyed out but I can change them in the game

I'm still getting occasional 7 second freezes whilst the sound carries on normally, after the patch it only seems to occur during cut scenes but otherwise I can gallop nonstop with no stuttering or anything, settings are mostly ultra with G-sync

Soldato
No issues with my VEGA 64 played for over 4 hours today not a single stutter. Something worth noting though the latest patch added a new option for Tree Tesselation and my god its demanding for very little gain turn it off.

Soldato
No issues with my VEGA 64 played for over 4 hours today not a single stutter. Something worth noting though the latest patch added a new option for Tree Tesselation and my god its demanding for very little gain turn it off.

Same with most of the options except textures and lighting :p

I can't really see the difference between medium and ultra on some of them.

Associate

Hmmm I have it on and it has no effect on my FPS. Something seems weird with those vega 64 cards after the patch.

Associate
I have had lots of problems after the new patch, crashing, freezing, staying on the loading screen and the settings kept reverting to windows borderless mode from full screen every time I reloaded the game, I had nvidia control panel set to use programme settings, so I tried changing it to performance preference and it seems ok now.
I havn't tried installing the latest driver again yet, I imagine there might be another in the pipeline

Soldato
Same with most of the options except textures and lighting :p

I can't really see the difference between medium and ultra on some of them.

I can on some settings I have my game mostly on High/Ultra and it runs enough for me to enjoy it around 50/60fps I turn my FPS counter of and be done with it :D

Lighting on Ultra or High is defo a must dont follow the guides unless you really want that extra frames, defo at night, you lose so much detail and distance detail. I first noticed this on the benchmark when you overlook the town at night they is actually a campfire in the town that you can see burning away.

Soldato
Hmmm I have it on and it has no effect on my FPS. Something seems weird with those vega 64 cards after the patch.

Properly more the fact Nividia does tesselation better than AMD. I could probably force the game to use less tesselation and still get good results. But tbh the tree quality is not worth in for me.

Edit
Also make sure you getting results from a bunch of tree around you go to a woodland.

Soldato
The game looks amazing at times, even screenshots dont do it justice because of the effects in the world dont get captured very well.

17558237e03a6f9ddbd62aec7a2a876d9ce7b226d66cb8f66c8b9262864e82c3a8600c0a.jpg

07362540ed8e222ebf20c2d85a7eee670a1d3f34503d52e3d845dc96fa1e7e36e11a178c.jpg

62726090720875f5bc39ed6f4157ca05d48614bc79d9fac22c4738068a25f5fcb99ac78c.jpg

1960847241ba72a9dabebd6cc6e5b67fb1bee23c686f4ef59e66acf8abead418b3025dd4.jpg

Soldato
Worth noting also I had to reset Async compute after I reset my graphic settings. After the patch my settings was all running like low etc once I saved my config file was also reset to have async compute false.

Soldato
Properly more the fact Nividia does tesselation better than AMD. I could probably force the game to use less tesselation and still get good results. But tbh the tree quality is not worth in for me.

Edit
Also make sure you getting results from a bunch of tree around you go to a woodland.

Yea it does take a lot of FPS off and you have to put your face right up against a tree to even see it. I have the other tesselation option on ultra though and it doesn't seem to have much fps impact at all.

Back
Top Bottom