Red Dead Redemption 2

Man of Honour
The Moonshiners Online DLC is now downloading....

It's a big one :) 7.62GB

Might drop into Online soon and see what it is like....

Ah good good, looking forward to trying this out when I get home this evening, I've been stockpiling gold bars and $$ in preparation for the new moonshiner role and buying an ingame property

Soldato
I'm on console but it seems a bit more active in here, so I'll shoot.

Can anyone get the companion app to work on Android, specifically a P3? I install the app, allow permissions before it then just crashes

Associate
I'm on console but it seems a bit more active in here, so I'll shoot.

Can anyone get the companion app to work on Android, specifically a P3? I install the app, allow permissions before it then just crashes
I don't think many of us would be using the companion app as I don't believe it communicates with the PC version.
I did use it briefly when I played on the Xbox One about 8 months back but it crashed quite frequently back then on my Galaxy S7 as well.

Soldato
I don't think many of us would be using the companion app as I don't believe it communicates with the PC version.
I did use it briefly when I played on the Xbox One about 8 months back but it crashed quite frequently back then on my Galaxy S7 as well.

Oh it doesn't? Rockstar really are weird.

Cheers for the response

Soldato
It's it possible to customise the controller? I find that holding A to travel is preventing me from panning with the right stick.
I changed controller preset to standardFPS2 which assigns RUN action on right bumber instead of A. This helped a lot with playability for me. And on PC it is also possible to disable auto aim and still land shots thanks to smooth 60fps aiming.
PC version is awesome.

Last edited:
Associate
Can online be done as a solo player?
Do you mean playing solo in a private server where no other players can join or playing in a public server with other people but keeping to yourself?

If the first option, I don't think they currently have private lobbies for you to play on your own but some missions will put you into a temporary private session. Haven't played online for a little bit though so that may have changed with recent updates, someone else may be able to confirm.

If it's the other type of solo play, you'll have more of a grind doing everything on your own compared to other people but should be fine to play as a solo player online. I've found most people leave me alone when I want to just go about my own business so you can still have fun without joining up with a posse.

Soldato
Do you mean playing solo in a private server where no other players can join or playing in a public server with other people but keeping to yourself?

If the first option, I don't think they currently have private lobbies for you to play on your own but some missions will put you into a temporary private session. Haven't played online for a little bit though so that may have changed with recent updates, someone else may be able to confirm.

If it's the other type of solo play, you'll have more of a grind doing everything on your own compared to other people but should be fine to play as a solo player online. I've found most people leave me alone when I want to just go about my own business so you can still have fun without joining up with a posse.

Cheers

Yeah appropriate there is only 1 type of lobby. As you said, just minding my own and getting on with stuff really.

Soldato
Go to the map and double click your destination so you get a highlighted route then go to cinematic view and you will automatically follow the route. It's not insta travel but you can set your horse to gallop and sit back and watch the scenery as you auto travel to your destination.

That's not working for me, the character just sits still while the cinematic camera just pans around?

Caporegime
Always worries me when they update this game, FPS has tanked for me for some reason and getting C2Ds again.

Was averaging 70 or so before, now it's 50 or so, all settings the same.

Last edited:
Associate
Could someone please give me a solution to this before I go insane - am attempting to download rdr2 using the Rockstar launcher but within five minutes the download speed will keep decreasing until it says failed and I have to click Retry again. This is happening every five minutes. I have switched off Windows 'real time virus protection', have latest drivers etc and internet connection is fine when doing anything else.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom