Resident Evil 3 Remake

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Incredibly short (five and a half hours) and lots of reused locations from the RE2 remake. :(

Ok, so watched the review. Shame about the lack of puzzles, I like those.

As someone who does like to replay Resident Evil games that I enjoy I think I may get more enjoyment out of this by unlocking the stuff the way he suggested.

It does seem like they got lazy with this game though. They should have just kept everything in the original and added more to it rather than wasting time with the multiplayer stuff which I do not particularly care for.

I plan to replay the original Resident Evil 3 after completing the remake a few times to see where in my ranking it lands :D

Caporegime
If it is only 5-6 hours I think I will have hard time justifying £35.

RE games are how long you make them. If you rush through like crazy you will finish in no time. Take your time and will be around 8-10 hours I would have thought. Please bear in mind these are essentially 90's games. Even still I loved the RE2 remake. Makes you realize just how mind numbing some modern games are.

Soldato
RE3 was short originally as well, even back then people made same complaints they are now.

They moaned initially it was too much action compared to 2 and moaned about lack of puzzles compared to 2 and again moaned about some parts being too similar eg police station.

This is a remake so I expected this after all some of it capcom can't avoid it's a remake so I expect some complaints to remain exactly the same

I always considered 3 more of an expansion to 2, it obviously never or never will be sold as such or advertised that way

Soldato
Honestly the reviewers are baffling me there complaints are what people said when they first released this.

I'd of thought they expect it tbf.

Caporegime
Honestly the reviewers are baffling me there complaints are what people said when they first released this.

I'd of thought they expect it tbf.

Most of the reviewers were more than likely in nappies when RE3 was first released. RE2 will always be the benchmark of RE so a remake was always going to be good. RE3 was always the quick cash buck when it was first released. (It was developed at the same time as code Veronica) Very similar to RE0 in that respect. Both good games if you like RE but offer very little going forward.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Another low review sadly! Think I might wait for the first sale around the £25 mark instead of full price.
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/resident-evil-3-remake-review/
Here is their conclusion:

Resident Evil 3 is essentially a chain of action set-pieces, threaded together with a paper-thin story and a few too many cutscenes. This is the direction the series started to take post-Resident Evil 4, when it seriously lost its way and we ended up with the abysmal Resident Evil 6, and I'd hate to see that happen again.

Shame really. Missed opportunity. Starting to sound like another cash grab rather than improving on the original.

Will see, I am still excited and looking forward to it as I enjoyed the demo. But I have downgraded my expectations now. I am guessing this will now land on the 7th spot on my list rather than the 4th which is what I predicted based on the demo. We will see :D

Soldato
I grabbed a AMD bundle from members market for £29. Will try and sell the other game so it should work out about £15 or so for me :D

Have you redeemed yet?

From what I understand, it will automatically link both games to your steam account.

If I remember correctly that's how it worked last time I bought the AMD bundle on the members market.

Also thanks for the tip I will keep an eye on the members market.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think veronica x is actually on the ps4 store if you want to give it a go (and have a ps4:D).
I have it on Dolphin together with Resident Evil 2 & 3. Just sparked up Resident Evil 3 and will get that completed in the next day or two and be ready for the remake.

Last time I actually stayed away from Resident Evil 2 so the remake would be more fresh, but do not feel the need to do that this time.

Have you redeemed yet?

From what I understand, it will automatically link both games to your steam account.

If I remember correctly that's how it worked last time I bought the AMD bundle on the members market.

Also thanks for the tip I will keep an eye on the members market.

It should not no. Everything is redeemed individually. What you are remembering is a single amd code that then takes you to a page you can activate games one by one. But once I have activated Resident Evil 3 Remake I can then sell the account to someone else who can then login and activate Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition on their steam account. If anyone is interested give me a shout :)

Caporegime
At the end of the day they have thrown together a game in 15 months, when sequels generally take 3 years+

I never expected this to be as extensive as the Resident Evil 2 remake, so I'm not too bothered that the game is short, as long as it's exciting.

I would have loved them to spend more time on it and include the 'decision' mechanic from the original game, but I'm certain I'll still enjoy this.

Soldato
I was really excited for this but the amount of cuts and seemingly way less replayability combined with shorter length makes me think twice. Especially that it's more action and less exploration (like the original, I know).

RE2 felt really complete, I don't think this can top it with so many missed opportunities to improve the original but I might play it once it's cheap.

Caporegime
"Less everything than RE2" is enough to put me off for a good while, I think.
I was really excited for this but the amount of cuts and seemingly way less replayability combined with shorter length makes me think twice. Especially that it's more action and less exploration (like the original, I know).

RE2 felt really complete, I don't think this can top it with so many missed opportunities to improve the original but I might play it once it's cheap.

What have they cut from RE3?

Back
Top Bottom