Sky UK launching HDR Wednesday 27th May.

Soldato
It's not actually hlg10, you are confusing hrd10 and hdr10+ with HLG. https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/what-is-hlg-hdr/ Most tv's post 2016 should be able to show HLG content it's receivers that are used to pass the skyq signal through that may, or may not, be capable of HLG passthrough, even if they are HDR10 or Digital vision compatible. Just recently had a discussion with someone who was asking why his Onkyo wasn't passing through HLG when Amazon said it was able to. Unfortunately on the Onkyo site there was no mention of it being HLG compatible when other models do...

Soldato
You don`t have to have an a engineer to install it lol. courier delvers new one, you take new one out of the box. you place old one in the box give to courier, you then connect it back up and bingo.
Not really, yes with a minibox or the hub, however the skyq box is a central part of the whole mesh system. Yes I could easily set one up but I do not have access to the sky engineer's testing tools to ensure it is stable...

Associate
It's not actually hlg10, you are confusing hrd10 and hdr10+ with HLG. https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/what-is-hlg-hdr/ Most tv's post 2016 should be able to show HLG content it's receivers that are used to pass the skyq signal through that may, or may not, be capable of HLG passthrough, even if they are HDR10 or Digital vision compatible. Just recently had a discussion with someone who was asking why his Onkyo wasn't passing through HLG when Amazon said it was able to. Unfortunately on the Onkyo site there was no mention of it being HLG compatible when other models do...

Only the bigger brands i suspect will because they actually update there firmwares where as the lower brands do not tend to. for example my lg could not of played it until last year i think it was when it had a new firmware upgrade to play hlg content(pretty sure anyhow)newer tvs will most probably come with the ability to pay it straight out of the box.

Associate
Not really, yes with a minibox or the hub, however the skyq box is a central part of the whole mesh system. Yes I could easily set one up but I do not have access to the sky engineer's testing tools to ensure it is stable...

You do not need the tools,you dish position is not changing. all your doing is replacing the plugging back in the cables you unplugged ..Hardley rocket science. and they check your signal ect before they send a new one out via video chat. it really is that simple unplug old one plug new one in.

Soldato
It's not actually hlg10, you are confusing hrd10 and hdr10+ with HLG.

Didn't digest the post I quoted I think we're all laughing to hard at some of the "sky don't mess with me" comments over on the sky forum.

Along with the guy earlier in the day posting the screen shot of HDR HLG popping up on the sky Netflix app whilst we can clearly read UHD 4k and no mention of HDR.

I also noticed instruction on how to enable HLG (SDR upscale) through the TV settings and how to turn it off afterwards.

Soldato
Didn't digest the post I quoted I think we're all laughing to hard at some of the "sky don't mess with me" comments over on the sky forum.

Along with the guy earlier in the day posting the screen shot of HDR HLG popping up on the sky Netflix app whilst we can clearly read UHD 4k and no mention of HDR.

I also noticed instruction on how to enable HLG (SDR upscale) through the TV settings and how to turn it off afterwards.
Some very amusing individuals taking themselves far too seriously for their own good..

Soldato
You do not need the tools,you dish position is not changing. all your doing is replacing the plugging back in the cables you unplugged ..Hardley rocket science. and they check your signal ect before they send a new one out via video chat. it really is that simple unplug old one plug new one in.
We all know how to install a skyq box, no it isn't rocket science and I know what is involved in physically changing the boxes. All well and good if you have the knowledge however many haven't and these are the customers Sky have to consider plus the various setups. Different hubs, number of miniboxes etc. Sorry but maybe you can do all of this but it is rather arrogant to think everyone can. .

Caporegime
OP
We all know how to install a skyq box, no it isn't rocket science and I know what is involved in physically changing the boxes. All well and good if you have the knowledge however many haven't and these are the customers Sky have to consider plus the various setups. Different hubs, number of miniboxes etc. Sorry but maybe you can do all of this but it is rather arrogant to think everyone can. .

This is indeed the issue. The mesh required for the Mini boxes needs to be checked and confirmed good enough to stream from main box to Mini otherwise it may just end up with more calls to Sky and potentially another engineer visit. This is especially important with multiple Mini boxes and boosters.

Soldato

I swapped out my sky q hub for a BT modem and Asus ax88u router on the weekend and changed the ssid's for 2.4 and 5Ghz the first hurdle was setting up the option 61 connection, but the real fun was the sky q main box, 2 mini boxes along with the booster. I had to unplug each device then individually power them up and re-input the new wifi details in to each one.

Even after that the main box dropped connection several times the following day but it seems stable now and the connection is so much better on my other devices.

Associate

the member of the sky q tech support staff said to me and i quote " if youc an install a broadband router, you can replace a sky q box" and they do infact make sure you can install it hense why i had a video call. arrogant not at all.

Back
Top Bottom