**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
When I used to fly I used to trim the plane while flying so that I could ease off of the yoke.
Yes exactly the main Trim control on any light aircraft is for the elevator and controls the pitch (up and down) of the aircraft that you normally control with the yoke. Only heavier multi engined aircraft have a trim for the rudder and this is only really used to dial out any difference in thrust from the engines on one side of the aircraft vs the other - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_control_surfaces

Soldato
Yes exactly the main Trim control on any light aircraft is for the elevator and controls the pitch (up and down) of the aircraft that you normally control with the yoke. Only heavier multi engined aircraft have a trim for the rudder and this is only really used to dial out any difference in thrust from the engines on one side of the aircraft vs the other - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_control_surfaces

Loads of small single engine aircraft have rudder trim, PA28 piper warriors for a start. You wouldn't use a rudder trim for dialing out twin engine yaw, you use the engines or prop pitch to compensate and only after you've synced the engines to eliminate resonance. Trim wheels are there to take any pressure off control inputs that would tire the pilot trying to keep the aircraft in balance once the power and attitude has been selected.

Soldato
Loads of small single engine aircraft have rudder trim, PA28 piper warriors for a start. You wouldn't use a rudder trim for dialing out twin engine yaw, you use the engines or prop pitch to compensate and only after you've synced the engines to eliminate resonance. Trim wheels are there to take any pressure off control inputs that would tire the pilot trying to keep the aircraft in balance once the power and attitude has been selected.

Exactly mate. I would have to hold the yoke in position once I had reached desired power/altitude if no trim so I trimmed the plane and it took off any constant pressure.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've noticed they have done a number of landing challenges and it got me thinking how awesome this game would be if they implemented something like a Hawk in this game and one of the challenges was to learn a Red Arrows display routine, complete with smoke, that could be incredible.

Associate
I’ve always enjoyed flight sims but gave up on FSX due to the constant bad performance etc. Looking at getting back into this but will need a system overhaul.

Currently on i7 4770K with 8GB RAM AND GTX 780, I’ll be eager to see how it runs of either platform but fancy heading in an AMD direction for CPU, I only have a 1080p monitor so hopefully I won’t need the latest and greatest to make it playable.

Watching the YouTube videos makes it look fantastic, PMDG have announced they are making the 737 for it so that will be something special!

Associate
Looking at picking this upon release, but can someone clarify the whole xbox game system thing they have in place?

If I buy it for PC, will I then own it on the new xbox should I buy one further down the line?

Back
Top Bottom