• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
They need competition, both companies can at this point do whatever they like, and consumers have few if any options. It's a recipe for disaster, and this is what we are now seeing.

I was thinking the same when benchmarks and pricing for these were first shown. Both vendors have produced cards that slot in almost perfectly between each others SKU's. There's seemingly no actual competition.

The MSRP's being a lie is just the turd on top.

Associate
Well it was at least easier for us not having to F5 to see what was available.

Decent comms from OCUK and a pretty poor showing all round from AMD, practically gifting the market to NV with that insane price increase on the AIB’s

Caporegime
Well it was at least easier for us not having to F5 to see what was available.

Decent comms from OCUK and a pretty poor showing all round from AMD, practically gifting the market to NV with that insane price increase on the AIB’s

They're really not gifting the market to anyone seeing as nvidia stock seems to be just as non existent.

Associate
I do feel for those who really tried to get one of those cards. I’ve been in the same situation as I’ve sold my 1080ti and was running RX 570 for a few weeks before I finally managed to get my 3080.
At least with Nvidia there were slim chances of getting one if you were very quick.

Associate
Well what can I say missed out on the 3080fe, and AIB and the 5900x CPU's, the 6800xt due to scalpers, and now the AIB spamming F5 to get vapourware, but this was worse than all it was the bigest toilet paper launch!! do I care no I have given up I ll get them when there in stock next year probably in March or April !! :D (will get the 3080)

Associate
So prices on OcUK for 6800XT AIB are ranging from £680 to £750. Not as bad as it could have been I guess. The cheaper cards being £80 more than the reference MSRP, and the same price that OcUK sold the reference cards last week.

Given I saw the Sapphire Radeon 6800XT NITRO+ for £810 on a site earlier today, and OcUK have it at £750, this doesn't seem too bad.

Associate
They should have just sorted the marketing side of things out. Drop the NDA earlier and stop trying to hide. Be open about your supply issues and your consumers will understand.

Ultimately places like OCUK have placed their orders for stock already, they are now out of pocket waiting for stock to arrive with no time frame for it arriving, AMD are hurting their partners more than anyone else. Screw AMD's image, what about the knock on effect financially for many people that work for their official resellers.

Associate
Overcloerks should drop their instantly marked up prices of the 3090 and match the other sites. Scan was selling them at £1400 to £1500 for a 3090 Zotac Trinity. Even ****** is cheaper than OC.

Soldato
Well I have to be honest and say the prices don't come as a shock anymore, I was hoping to get the 6800 red devil, not at that price though or any of the other cards. Its plain to me that my only hope for a new card at a reasonable price is: 1. Not purchase from here.
2. a 3080FE at £649.

Associate
@Tinek is 100% correct. All of the 3080 cards which hit MSRP at launch were based on back end manufacturer, limited quantity, price support. We oversold on every one of these, yet we honoured the price despite not having enough support to cover it.

That's nice the prices were honoured, but again, doesn't explain the £120 jump in price, unless that's to cover off the selling at the cheaper price. Sounds like Nvidia shafted you, as have AMD, but that shafting has then been passed on to your customers though hyper inflation on prices. Basically added VAT twice...

Back
Top Bottom