• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

OcUK Staff
OP
Well, I'm looking at the prices on other sites and they're pricing the product out of its useful range I think. OCUK will probably be a bit more expensive too based on last week's prices.
The whole "point" of the 6800XT was it was a fair bit faster than 3080 for a fair bit cheaper... now we know its roughly equal in performance and apparently a lot more expensive...

I guess I'll just wait it out for a 3080.

I did warn you guys that the MSRP's were miss leading and hinted that AIB cards would cost more.......

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Is it just me or they are not even listed to look at :confused:
Due to traffic, the website is taking a long time to refresh. We have multiple servers so, it's possible that some people will see them before others, but there's no buy button. Also, as it stands we'll only have Sapphire and Powercolor listed because of late information from other vendors. Gibbo will probably get the others up over the next day or two.

Associate
It more like AMD snatched defeat from the jaws of victory last week, then whined until they got a do-over only to put up an even worse performance. They are laughable, so laughable that the main PC component retailers in the UK refused to even list their "new" products.

But since it's AIBs now, AMD can just say it's not their fault anymore, it was AIBs that failed this time. :p

Soldato
Due to traffic, the website is taking a long time to refresh. We have multiple servers so, it's possible that some people will see them before others, but there's no buy button. Also, as it stands we'll only have Sapphire and Powercolor listed because of late information from other vendors. Gibbo will probably get the others up over the next day or two.

This was the issue you had the other day which left many of us using the right link but staring at a blank screen. You don't even have the same traffic level right now as you did the other day. This is a major problem because even when you release these cards how do you know us here will be able to even see them?

OcUK Staff
OP

Shall only be listing partner cards that can confirm some stock is on the way, only Sapphire and Powercolor so far have done this. :)

Soldato
For a company that makes so much money.....really need to invest in decent infrastructure.

Associate
Well at least I've got time to figure out which cards work with which waterblocks.

Also so much for AMD's BS on social media about the AIBs having 6-7x the amount of availability as the reference cards...

Soldato
We would if we could but they now cost us more than £400 to buy and Sapphire just informed me there is no more. At this rate there won't be any GPU's to sell come Christmas........

That's unfortunate, they are listed elsewhere for slightly more than £400 and significantly less than yourselves, I would prefer to give you the business but if there is nothing you can do I will have to go elsewhere

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
And I did hint with the prices going up and up that I will find other things/places to spend my money on.
But you can't blame Gibbo this time, these prices were all set before Gibbo put his cards live.

For a company that makes so much money.....really need to invest in decent infrastructure.
If you'd bothered to read earlier posts you'd know that we are in the middle of a full overhaul but it's not just a case of install a new app and away you go. I've spent about thirty hours over the last few weeks working with the developers of our new internal systems and there's also a new website on the horizon, which is being debugged right now.

Back
Top Bottom