• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Caporegime
how many in the group got one? or is it one of those groups where they are all looking for profit?
Probably mostly scalpers.

I think most genuine customers have given up, lol.

Things won't calm down for months, yet, but I'd imagine in Feb/March we might be able to get something.

Given that the AMD.com model is like £150 cheaper than the AIB cheapest model, scalpers might continue to buy up all the stock, knowing it's a guaranteed £100+ profit on every one.

Man of Honour
This is such a farcical pisstake to say the least. Seems like they're doing an nvidia and getting stock in pathetically small numbers only for them to get sold out the instant they are listed :rolleyes:

Thing is stock isn't that low compared to previous releases though on the lower side of that range but demand (and scalping) is very high. Unfortunately too many see it as a quick way to make easy money.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

knowing it's a guaranteed £100+ profit on every one.

Is it though? I've been watching loads of ebay auction and none of the over prices cards seem to be selling. The ones with open bids are even funnier when people start bidding 50k on them.

I'm not sure scalpers are actually making that much money.

Associate
@Gibbo has said "The rest of the 6800 MBA cards arrived and backorders now shipped.
We shall make these available to order at a later point this week, which will be announced on the forum probably around Wednesday/Thursday this week."

I wonder if these are all they have, just MBA cards and no AIB ones. Also is it a mixture of 6800 and 6800xt ones or just the lower 6800 non xt ones?

If OCuk have them in stock now, why wait until Wednesday or Thursday to offer them up for sale?

Associate
Could be worse fellow card hunters, you could have been elated and managed to blag a 6800 for your wife directly from AMD on launch day, only to have it stolen by a DHL employee somewhere in transit.:mad:

Only one thing worse than a scalper, and that is a plain old thief.

As my other half is also waiting on a 5600x from OCUK, the build really isnt going that well :D

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

@Gibbo has said "The rest of the 6800 MBA cards arrived and backorders now shipped.
We shall make these available to order at a later point this week, which will be announced on the forum probably around Wednesday/Thursday this week."

I wonder if these are all they have, just MBA cards and no AIB ones. Also is it a mixture of 6800 and 6800xt ones or just the lower 6800 non xt ones?

If OCuk have them in stock now, why wait until Wednesday or Thursday to offer them up for sale?

I would have bought a 6800XT on launch day if avail, but now I've waited this long, I think I'll wait for the 6900XT.

Soldato
Is it though? I've been watching loads of ebay auction and none of the over prices cards seem to be selling. The ones with open bids are even funnier when people start bidding 50k on them.

On social media the 3070 fe are selling easy for 600 quid and 6800 for 700

Associate
Hunting for 6800 XT - my first new card since Radeon 580 Nitro.

Just wonder...When they update "** TODAYS 6800 SERIES AIB LAUNCH - IMPORTANT INFO!! **" can't they just temporarily increase online prices of 6800 (and XT) cards they have , put product list there together with voucher code for each product and a link to it? This way at least online bots won't be able to purchase them...Otherwise the whole thing will end in seconds again (and the site will probably crash) like it did before.

Associate

The best indication is the sold listings view for a search. For Nvidia at least, a lot of scalper auctions are selling. :(

Soldato

Very low stock and ultra high demand. If the system can sell 1,000 cards a minute but they only have 100 or 200 cards in stock then they will oversell hundreds of cards in seconds, again. It is not worth their while opening, stocks are too low and demand is too high. It is a crazy situation in a crazy year. They could sell these cards for £999 and they would all sell out (easily) right now, yet even if they price them 100 or 200 below that they will be abused for overcharging.

Between the consoles (~12 million PS5's and XBOXs) plus the new Ryzen CPU's, there's not enough 7nm wafers to go around. Miners have the buying power to pre-buy millions of GPUs so they probably did (I know I would have if I was still mining!) then COVID demolished the global supply chain. But nobody wants to wait 4-8 weeks because it's Christmas :D.

Now where are all those older games I never played? New games don't work properly on launch anyway ;)

Back
Top Bottom