What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
You made it to the end? It was stopped after half hour ago here...terrible terrbile film.
Probably why Netfix gave it to Amazon Prime in the UK. The premise was good but would have worked better as a straightforward rescue movie, minus the corporate criminality. Or even made it a bit of a comedy. And most people will associate ice roads with driving up to Alaska, not northern Manitoba. Which also begged the question, if the only access to the mine was across a frozen lake in winter, how did road vehicles get access in summer?! And why wasn’t the rescue equipment already up there for such an eventuality.

No wonder Lawrence Fishburne agreed to
have his character killed off in the first half hour.

Soldato
Steve Jobs

Always really liked this movie. It's treads the line between truth and fiction very carefully and even when it trips a little into the latter it's still a great story about one of the great characters of our time. Screenplay is excellent too with the typical snappy dialogue from Sorkin.

on last night & tomorrow freeview 5 select - great incisive/intelligent dialogue(reminded me of Big Short), portraying his ego & fallability,
can't see a similar movie being created about Musk

Associate
F9 (Fast and Furious 9 – The Fast Saga) (2021) - 3/10

The plot is over the top, the action scenes are spectacular and the stunts are destructive, but it gets too bogged down in its narrative, spending far too much time on the family drama side of things.

There are loads of story strands and throwaway characters brought in for their pieces, which do create some funny moments, but overall, make the movie dull and drag on.

The stunts are also often a step too far and come across silly and illogical, which doesn’t fit with the more serious setting, and Diesel’s flat emotional range makes his scenes painful to watch.

The villains were great and the action scenes were fast and furious, but as a franchise, it’s definitely lost its way.

Caporegime
Armageddon 10/10
I know plenty of people hate it but others love it and I'm one of them. It's just pure action even in the scenes that aren't meant to be action. The music, sound effects, visual effects on top of everything is just awesome and it still holds up for a film that is over 20 years old.

I am a firm believer that, as a popcorn blockbuster spectacle, Armageddon is damn-near perfect.

Action, comedy, explosions, and even some feels.

Soldato
F9 (Fast and Furious 9 – The Fast Saga) (2021) - 3/10
It was waste of time and money
poor script
I could not get into it, it was just boring, the storyline is a bit all over the place parts gets lost. other parts get ignored or glossed over in a rush, it was watching a poorly made cartoon.

like someone said befoe **Diesel’s flat emotional range makes his scenes painful to watch.**
it feels like Vin diesel only made this to prove he's better than the rock, bringing in cena, making roman look better

I would have rather watched hobbs and shaw again a number of times than watch this if I knew

fight scenes are way too unrealistic (army following you 5ft away, not a single bullet lands, roman fings ak and manages to kill all of them, Vin fights 20+ men bigger, younger and in better shape than him by picking them up and throwing them it could have been a little more realistic if he was in great shape, did not look like an old man, then taking down a ceiling likely to get crushed but is unscratched, one team goes to space in an old car, using magnets to pull cars.

most important (every movie we're family) but never spoke to his brother or look for him, even in the end thing dont get resolved he just gives him a keys to a car

The Conjuring 3 - garbage. Not a patch on the others. Not one jump scare and the story was meh.
I would give it 5/10 not too bad, but it was meant to be a horror.
I agree it seemed out of place having the same name.

Associate
The Dead Don't Die on Netflix.

No idea what I just watched but it was ****.
Tries to be funny and fails miserably.

Bill Murray - are you that desperate for a pay cheque?

Agree with this review from IMDB "I saw it for free and still want my money back".

-10 / 10.

Soldato
Land of the Dead - 5/10. Was bored and this popped up on Netflix - hadn't seen it for years.

A couple of good scenes, but overall disappointing. Zombies gaining intelligence? Meh! And then our hero letting them go, so they can gain more intelligence?! Open up Dead Reckoning and take those MoFo's out!

Associate
Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Watched with my eldest daughter. I've seen it many times before, new to her. We both enjoyed it. Still holds up well, some of the practical effects look a bit dated though. 8/10

Caporegime
Stowaway. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9203694/

Quite an interesting premise and the addition of Toni Collette (excellent performance in Hereditary) made me curious to check it out.

It doesn't score highly in some reviews but I really quite enjoyed it. It held my attention and kept me on tenterhooks so it did the job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom