**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato

Most likely main thread limited (or other CPU limit)... You can check if you turn on dev mode and enable the frame counter - it'll tell you the limiting factor. CPU being at 65% ultimately means nothing and it can still be your limiting factor, it's not really as simple as when looking at GPU utilisation.

Thanks. I have used that before. CPU utilisation maxes out when panning quickly with opentrack.

Do you think going from a 4790k/1866 to a 5800x/3600mhz would give me a decent improvement?

Associate
Oh,just WOW!!! just purchased great britain central orbx and blown away, I've visited many places in this region by car and this is just how I imagined it to look by air. Power stations look amazing, lots of exploring to do, really hoping stockeld park in Wetherby is accurately modelled as this area interests me, also hoping Hollin hall and its lake are present. This sim is truly awesome.

Soldato
Any one experiencing game freezing and having to restart PC ?

I find that for some time flying will be fine and then suddenly game will freeze and then I end up having to turn off and turn on the PC again to resume normal functionality.

Soldato
Just flown over the peak District and I only recognised I was near the cat and fiddle due to the road pattern as it was on my regular cycle route, i wouldn't have known otherwise as there are loads of trees, in real life there are no trees up there??

Soldato
Me and a friend did a group flight from Geneva past Mont Blanc and landed in Milan. Scattered clouds. Set off 615am. Sunrise kissing the mountains and clouds all in VR. Stunning.

The TMB Daher is such a neat plane. Very cosy with the leather seats. Little details like the lights for the passengers. Few times I stuck it on autopilot and sat in the back taking the scene in. Awesome.

Soldato
Just flown over the peak District and I only recognised I was near the cat and fiddle due to the road pattern as it was on my regular cycle route, i wouldn't have known otherwise as there are loads of trees, in real life there are no trees up there??

Have you got the UK world update?

Associate
I still reckon this game is some many months or into 2022 before its really up to scratch but good to see active efforts to sort out its issues

Associate
Oh god, sims been running great past week, then last night had 4 crashes in one hour, when's the next update due? Rolled driver back to 471.41 see if that helps as it was running ok on that.

Last edited:
Soldato
It does run a lot better fps wise now but it now sadly has console performance with xbox levels of ‘pop in’’, it’s annoying at height but downright dangerous at ground level when a theme park suddenly appears over a patch of land your flying over! They've gone for lowest common denominator to make it run on consoles and if that’s a problem now it will only get worse as the gulf between console and pc performance widens even further.

Caporegime
It does run a lot better fps wise now but it now sadly has console performance with xbox levels of ‘pop in’’, it’s annoying at height but downright dangerous at ground level when a theme park suddenly appears over a patch of land your flying over! They've gone for lowest common denominator to make it run on consoles and if that’s a problem now it will only get worse as the gulf between console and pc performance widens even further.
I’m still confident Asobo will continue to work to fix these problems on PC. I’m very sceptical that they’re going to abandon PC gamers the way some people think they will.

Associate
Anyone know a workaround for bush trips not automatically competing once you land? I'm having real trouble with the game registering that I have completed a leg to Dubrovnik.
This is not guaranteed but has been suggested to me as a work around. After each leg exit the Bush Flight, go back to the main menu and then go back in to the bush flight.

Man of Honour
I’m still confident Asobo will continue to work to fix these problems on PC. I’m very sceptical that they’re going to abandon PC gamers the way some people think they will.

I don't really understand why folk think MS/Asobo are going to just abandon PC; its clear that where the bulk of the interest and spending from simmers is coming from; I assume too that if people purchase content/add-ons via the in-game marketplace that MS get a cut so its in their interests to keep development going.

Associate
As of yesterday all satellite imagery has disappeared from the world map and when flying in game... when flying it looks like fsx now, i wont play it looking so bad. Done lots of online searches for solutions, tried everything, no luck. Reinstalled game, still the same. So having tried all options ive reinstalled windows and im downloading the game again so i'll see by tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom