New car delays.

Soldato
Not the 1 series or the 2 series GC, they're coming through without wireless charging or extended Bluetooth, easily fitted into the car by the owner. But the HK systems are still there according to reports from those ordering...

Soldato
I wouldnt accept that, esp if it was a £70k car. Unless they were dropping a substantial amount of money off the ticket price.

Well you'd presumably have the right to cancel the order if you're not happy with the changes but then that would still leave you needing a car and potentially having to start again with another order.

Soldato
Not the 1 series or the 2 series GC, they're coming through without wireless charging or extended Bluetooth, easily fitted into the car by the owner. But the HK systems are still there according to reports from those ordering...

Yep, the email I got from Audi was regarding the wireless charging being deleted, even where fitted as standard rather than an option. No offer of retrofit later so presumably you just have to accept it or cancel.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Yep, the email I got from Audi was regarding the wireless charging being deleted, even where fitted as standard rather than an option. No offer of retrofit later so presumably you just have to accept it or cancel.
Wireless charging was mentioned earlier in this thread for BMWs. Thankfully it's **** so it's a blessing really.
No HK is crap, but that's life.
We've got a G21 coming in a week or so we'll see what's missing. We couldn't spec HK back in March so it's got the Pro Hifi. Not the base spec, but still disappointing :(

Soldato
Ironically another reason why the used market is so buoyant. Usually it's new cars that offer the benefit of being able to tailor the spec just how you want it but, if they're removing things from new models and you can find a used one that has it...

Soldato
Wireless charging was mentioned earlier in this thread for BMWs. Thankfully it's **** so it's a blessing really.
We've got a G21 coming in a week or so we'll see what's missing. We couldn't spec HK back in March so it's got the Pro Hifi. Not the base spec, but still disappointing :(
I use mine all the time and find it very useful. As for it being c**p, Audi's phone box actually boosts the signal from your mobile as well...

Soldato
I use mine all the time and find it very useful. As for it being c**p, Audi's phone box actually boosts the signal from your mobile as well...

Some models have a "Phone Box Light" option which is purely charging, no signal booster/repeater. Neither are being fitted to any models except the e-Tron GT and R8 until at least 2022.

Soldato
well wireless charging on Apples and simultaneous phone use seems to create over-heating - not sure if android implementations have been similarly impacted,
but plugging in, anyway, gives better, audio bandwidth if you have phone media
boosting is useful though.

HK - re-posting these comments on hk dumbing down in G and 1 series; so, I'm not sure it is what it was, reduced power(=>distortion)
leastaway I was less concerned on getting it on a future purchase, just give me a decent amp/equalizer+(few)speakers; I don't need a surround sound simulation

Man of Honour
It most often is especially PCP.
2.9-3.9% with BMW for New..7.9% if its got 100 miles Etc.

That can be over £500 extra per month on an M5

If you're in the market for a used BMW M5 and you can't access finance/cash any less than 8% apr you probably need to ask yourself whether you'd be better of with something else. I don't really understand who it is that takes used cars at such massive finance rates.

It's not the new car that's cheaper than the used car it's the finance products involved that are cheaper.

Soldato
If you're in the market for a used BMW M5 and you can't access finance/cash any less than 8% apr you probably need to ask yourself whether you'd be better of with something else. I don't really understand who it is that takes used cars at such massive finance rates.

It's not the new car that's cheaper than the used car it's the finance products involved that are cheaper.

But that difference in monthly price certainly helps pay for your balloon payment at the end of your 3 years

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Apologies, I was referring specifically to the BMW one which, as @jpaul says, overheats iPhones.

HK - re-posting these comments on hk dumbing down in G and 1 series; so, I'm not sure it is what it was, reduced power(=>distortion)
leastaway I was less concerned on getting it on a future purchase, just give me a decent amp/equalizer+(few)speakers; I don't need a surround sound simulation
Aye fair enough. I’m sure the upgraded stereo in the G is good enough for my mid-70s father as he tends not to blast his classical music at full volume. Although we always spec’d the top audio in the E39s and E60 but BMW have always had naff audio so nothing new :(

Caporegime
Talking to our M.D. at work last night he said Scania are extending the leases on our trucks as their replacements have moved from October delivery to early first quarter next year, he’s not confident they’ll arrive even then.

Same situation for trailers, lots of stock but supply chain outages on ecu’s etc.

Associate
Apologies, I was referring specifically to the BMW one which, as @jpaul says, overheats iPhones.

My wife's iD3 overheats iphones as well. Stupid design whereby the phone sits in a little pocket with no airflow around it at all. Use it for a while and overheating message comes up in the dash. My new Sorento has a large open area and vent holes on the charging pad - my, VW are a quality company!

In relation to the thread, new iD3s are now being 'sold' with no delivery date given or orders being cancelled as they don't know when they are being delivered. My Sorento now has delivery dates stretching into 2022.

Caporegime
My wife's iD3 overheats iphones as well. Stupid design whereby the phone sits in a little pocket with no airflow around it at all. Use it for a while and overheating message comes up in the dash. My new Sorento has a large open area and vent holes on the charging pad - my, VW are a quality company!

In relation to the thread, new iD3s are now being 'sold' with no delivery date given or orders being cancelled as they don't know when they are being delivered. My Sorento now has delivery dates stretching into 2022.

Yeah my dealer mentioned last month that Merc hybrids and EVs are now February 2022 delivery at the earliest so currently a 7 month build time if you want one built to your spec.

Associate
OP
I am so sorry to send you this email but I have received communication from the factory confirming that some cars have now been unslotted meaning the build dates have been cancelled.

Sadly your order for the Range Rover Velar is one that has been un-slotted.

We are trying to gain information from the factory as to why this has happened but I would guess that this is due to the Worldwide shortage of semi-conductors having a knock on affect to the supply of parts.

As soon as I receive further information from Land Rover or we have a new build date I will be in touch.

Once again apologies for this news but sadly this is something that is out of our control.

Well if the wife didn't want one so much I would look at something nearly new, but as for new I guess everyone's in the same boat.

This got to hurting car companies with cash flows ?

Back
Top Bottom