Ole's sacked, who next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Surely man utd is enough of a pull for Ten Hag right now

Dont think the guy would leave his club mid season.

I don’t thing Zidane would be a good appointment but my biggest fear is that Carrick and Fletcher somehow get some good results and are given the job full time. As you can tell I have 0 faith in the management at United.

I think we do a Chelsea. Hiddink or another proven coach until the end of the season and spend that time getting the right man. I would love someone like Ten Hag who is young, modern and plays attractive football. People love to say that we have tried top managers before but we have tried 2 managers not up to the task and 2 that are past it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Any manager worth their salt isn't going to go to Man u, especially with the current structure at the club, I'd expect if you were to go for someone like ten hag then he'd want an entire gutting of staff and a system put in place like he has at Ajax with football men in senior positions like overmars and van der sar. Is that something the glazers want? They seem perfectly happy with the club being run as is. From an outsiders pov therr are far to many yes men and club 'legends' in positions that they aren't deserving of.

Soldato
Dont think the guy would leave his club mid season.

I don’t thing Zidane would be a good appointment but my biggest fear is that Carrick and Fletcher somehow get some good results and are given the job full time. As you can tell I have 0 faith in the management at United.

I think we do a Chelsea. Hiddink or another proven coach until the end of the season and spend that time getting the right man. I would love someone like Ten Hag who is young, modern and plays attractive football. People love to say that we have tried top managers before but we have tried 2 managers not up to the task and 2 that are past it.

Possibly not but look at Gerard from Rangers to Villa, he's given up on a easy title to go to a bigger league and unlikely to challenge for silverware.

Depends how he views it.

Soldato
Any manager worth their salt isn't going to go to Man u, especially with the current structure at the club, I'd expect if you were to go for someone like ten hag then he'd want an entire gutting of staff and a system put in place like he has at Ajax with football men in senior positions like overmars and van der sar. Is that something the glazers want? They seem perfectly happy with the club being run as is. From an outsiders pov therr are far to many yes men and club 'legends' in positions that they aren't deserving of.

Completely disagree, lots will see this as " I can turn this around" on paper the squad is not to shabby.

All of the the so called " big six" have a massive pull in management and will also pay top notch compared to other leagues.

Man of Honour
Fletcher isn’t even a manager. No way he’d get it permanently, thank god.

Carrick will probably get another role somewhere else within the club as I doubt anyone like Zidane/Ten Hag/etc will want him involved in any sort of senior capacity.

Blanc as a caretaker to get someone else in the summer doesn’t seem a very Glazer thing to do. They’ll prefer someone who is available now if at all possible.

Zidane is the obvious one. OK, there are question marks, but his achievements at Real Madrid are significant regardless of having a good squad. He will automatically command significant respect, and I assume he’s got a good backroom team available.

Rodgers is a far better coach than Ole, but he’s a failed Liverpool manager who hasn’t really achieved anything.

I would ultimately prefer Ten Hag though of course.

Man of Honour
It’s not as if your miles off. The top 3 teams and its only November.

Your still in the CL as well

Irrelevant. The performances are beyond a joke.

Anyway:

“Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season.”

Does that mean they specifically want an interim? Unusual wording…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom