Ole's sacked, who next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ian Doyle…

Ultimately what did for Solskjaer was United stopped getting penalties to get him out of trouble. They have been awarded only one this season in 17 games and they missed it. They had 18 last season and 22 the season before that.

Soldato
Carrick Phelan and Fletcher had better get their C.V's in order, because as soon as a new manager comes in they're gone. We just have to pray they don't wait until the end of the season to do it. The Glazers are the real problem at United, the problems will only stop completely when they're gone.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Ian Doyle…

We barely got a penalty after Klopp "I don't like to talk about opposition" complained.

There are plenty we should have had as well.

Oles luck just generally ran out. You can't expect to do well long term when you are being constantly outplayed by opposition of every quality and only beating them because a single player in your squad is more expensive than the whole opposition team and one of your star players digs you out of a hole time after time. I couldn't believe the number of fans who would think things were all rosey when we had been outplayed for 80 minutes of a game vs bottom of the league and Fernandes and Rashford had saved our bacon. Performances eventually catch up with you.

Ronaldos arrival has basically gimped Ole. Hes not a good enough manager to be able to adapt to Ronaldo and he knows he cannot drop him. What has been the biggest change from last season where we were still limping on? Ronaldo has completely unbalanced the team and Ole doesn't know what to do.

Its a blessing really because Ole hasn't been good enough since he got the job but the owners don't give 2 *****. He would have been here in 3 years time if he got top 4 each season and was trophy-less during that whole period.

fez

fez

Caporegime
What are these foundations for long term success that he has built exactly?

He hasn't built anything. He hasn't promoted youth and he hasn't created a squad with an identity or style. Hes not been completely useless but hes not been anything like as good as some like to suggest. A clown would have raised the mood around old trafford after Mourinho.

Caporegime
What are these foundations for long term success that he has built exactly?

The youth team has been overhauled and we now have a number of very talented prospects. To go with that the loan system has been improved significantly, there have been complaints by former players that when out on loan they were forgotten by the club under previous regimes but now that has changed (I think this is part of Fletcher's job) We now have a DoF and our recruitment system has been completely overhauled. The recruitment was vastly improved under Ole over previous managers. It's now decided by a transfer team rather than just the manager and Woodward. Fitness was much improved under Ole's reign too, I believe he worked hard at developments behind the scenes on the sports science side. We also now have a director of data analytics which while we always had a data analytics team it is good to see a representative at the director level.

Edit: And all this is not even looking at the state of the first team squad compared to when he took over.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do not be surprised if they appoint someone that is extremely underwhelming. I honestly don't believe the glazes are even bothered about winning a trophy as long as they qualify for the champions League.

It's simply all about the money.

If Carrick can get them past Villarreal and scrape something against Chelsea, people will begin to say he should be given the job.

It could be a nightmare scenario.

Soldato
Do not be surprised if they appoint someone that is extremely underwhelming. I honestly don't believe the glazes are even bothered about winning a trophy as long as they qualify for the champions League.

If Carrick can get them past Villarreal and scrape something against Chelsea, people will begin to say he should be given the job.

Not going to happen, he is very much seen as part of the problem by a large section of the fan base.

Caporegime

I firmly believe the Glazers want to win things, they're just incompetent. You don't buy Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo after finishing second if you're content with top 4.

Soldato
I firmly believe the Glazers want to win things, they're just incompetent. You don't buy Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo after finishing second if you're content with top 4.

Ronaldo could be seen as a money making purchase from shirts and other sponsorship revenue

Ronaldo makes glazers money

fez

fez

Caporegime

That depends on how you look at things. All three of those are very marketable, Ronaldo massively and yes, they will improve the team. They keep the fans happy which is invaluable and give us a better chance of keeping top 4. Would they like to win trophies? 100%. Do they care that much? I can't see how you can argue that they do when they have been so unwilling to put the structures in place to make it likely.

Every man and his dog has been saying that United need to improve in so many areas of how the club is run and the high ups have just not done it. If you are desperate for trophies then you do everything in your power to give yourself the best chance of doing that. You hire the best managers. You aggressively go after the best managers around and not just the ones that happen to be floating about when you get rid of your last one. You hire the best coaches. You play a modern style of football that allows you to compete with the best teams in the world and also beat the poor teams that only turn up to defend.

You constantly assess whether your current manager is up to the task and if there are better alternatives.

Nothing the glazers do suggest that they give too many monkeys about trophies. Its utterly bizarre because we could easily be as good as City and competing for trophies every season. We are as rich as the oil clubs for the most part and we are one of the biggest names in football. There is 0 excuse for our current predicament. We are not Arsenal. We are not a team that has eaten at the top table for years but is now trying to do the same while everyone around us is spending double what we can. No excuse.

Caporegime
Claiming they're marketable is a disingenuous comment. All big players are marketable. If they don't make signings they're slammed for being unambitious, if they make signings they're slammed for just being for marketing. Claiming that we only make signings because they're marketable has no basis in reality.

Man of Honour
Carrick will not get the job.

The coaching staff have to stay for now as we have a game in 48 hours. They’ll go after, in the next week or two.

Soldato
Claiming they're marketable is a disingenuous comment. All big players are marketable. If they don't make signings they're slammed for being unambitious, if they make signings they're slammed for just being for marketing. Claiming that we only make signings because they're marketable has no basis in reality.

your main two strikers are 34 and 36

they arent signings to win the league are they come on

they are to keep fans happy and flog shirts

fez

fez

Caporegime

Of course they are marketable and will appease the fans. All three are massively marketable and Ronaldo is the most marketable player on the planet. One thing you can generally say about Ole is that he was building a young and energetic team. Ronaldo is completely the opposite of that. I would be amazed if Ole wanted Ronaldo. That in my eyes was 100% a vanity/feel good signing that came from the high ups.

I haven't suggested at any point that our signings are only because they are high profile. Varane is one of the best defenders about and Sancho is one of the best wingers in the world and is young. That doesn't mean they aren't both massively marketable as well. The glazers care about brand United, not the football of United.

Soldato
I don't see where transfers have improved. On paper they've improved in regards to signing some big names and quality compared to players brought in under other managers, but the vast majority of signings have underperformed.

Sancho has come in and has been barely used, even before switching to a back five that makes fitting Sancho in even harder.

Maguire was never an 80m CB and isn't a United player. He's so slow that if he presses up and condenses space in front of him, he's then completely exposed against average paced players.

AWB is shocking in possession, isn't great going forward and has been caught out defensively multiple times due to his positional play.

DvDB - complete waste of money considering he can't get any game time despite how poor we've been in the middle of the park.

I think the only signing that has worked is Bruno but he's not exactly been great this season.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeah how would two of the greatest strikers around win the league.

That Lewandowski guy must be really ****.

Lewandowski has got nothing to do with it. He has been at BM for god knows how long now and is perfectly integrated into their team and style and is the ultimate team player. Cavani is an absolute dynamo and was great for us last season and again, always puts the team above himself. Ronaldo is the antithesis of both of them. Greedy and plays for himself. You can watch him play for United and he only has one thing on his mind. Score a goal. If there is someone in a better position than he is but he might be able to make a yard of space and shoot, he will shoot. Hes undeniably a great player still but I think he has been one of the biggest causes of Oles departure. And yes, I know that without Ronaldos goals Ole would have been gone about a month ago.

That doesn't mean that he hasn't completely unbalanced the team and was a really poor signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom