Ole's sacked, who next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farewell sweet prince, you did an absolutely amazing job and gave us 3 years of laughter. Onto the next badly advised appointment and here's to another 3 years of laughter (and tears from the man utd faithful!)

So according to reports the current situation is:
  • Fletcher and Carrick in charge for Villareal on Tuesday (fair enough, but no more, please - they are not managers)
  • Blanc as caretaker maybe
  • Zidane if he's agreeable - mixed feelings but ultimately he may be a worth a go, not like there's loads of choice at present
  • Lopetegui has been mentioned too, first I've seen of that

Writings on the wall, just waiting for the official news, crazy it's took so long. Honestly, I don't think Zidane is the answer for Man Utd.

For me it's gotta be Ten Hag. Get that man and let him embed his philosophy. Take a deeper look into Ajax and what he did with that young crop of players and what he continues to do after they ravaged his squad. I'm sure he'd be able to make proper use of VDB too, give Barca some cash they need for a Frenkie De Jong.

He seems the best candidate for the job.

Last edited:
If they give Carrick and Fletcher it for the rest of the season, I think they have conceded they are not going to win anything and potentially even qualify for Europe.

Surely they have the same philosophy as OGS?

Farewell sweet prince, you did an absolutely amazing job and gave us 3 years of laughter. Onto the next badly advised appointment and here's to another 3 years of laughter (and tears from the man utd faithful!)

Bit harsh, he did well when he came in and a strong season last year. 2nd and a cup final.

That's where it went wrong, we stepped back and he needs to go.

Bit harsh, he did well when he came in and a strong season last year. 2nd and a cup final.

That's where it went wrong, we stepped back and he needs to go.
Finishing 2nd last season with a points tally of 73 isn't that fantastic, under normal circumstances that would barely have been enough to scrape 4th - you had everything go for you, obscene amount of penalties, no injuries, a Chelsea team that had Lampard as manager for half a season and Liverpool had their 6th and 7th choice center backs for the majority and you still only finished 5 points ahead of 3rd.

Mourinho's 2nd place finish and actually winning trophies was far far more impressive.

United should have got rid when they threw the league last season so they could go strong vs Liverpool. They were still in a title race...absolutely inexcusable.

So according to reports the current situation is:
  • Fletcher and Carrick in charge for Villareal on Tuesday (fair enough, but no more, please - they are not managers)
  • Blanc as caretaker maybe
  • Zidane if he's agreeable - mixed feelings but ultimately he may be a worth a go, not like there's loads of choice at present
  • Lopetegui has been mentioned too, first I've seen of that

Blanc as caretaker and get Ten Hag in the summer.

Finishing 2nd last season with a points tally of 73 isn't that fantastic, under normal circumstances that would barely have been enough to scrape 4th - you had everything go for you, obscene amount of penalties, no injuries, a Chelsea team that had Lampard as manager for half a season and Liverpool had their 6th and 7th choice center backs for the majority and you still only finished 5 points ahead of 3rd.

Mourinho's 2nd place finish and actually winning trophies was far far more impressive.

Yes but it's hardly a 'laughing' display. 2nd is 2nd regardless of the points tally. Had we won the cup it would have been a strong season.

Anyway fast forward that should have been the building block, but this season we have looked clueless and taken a massive step back. No balance, no plan B and no real style or identity.

Ole needs to go, but he did his best and, is a top human being and club legend. I hate all this nasty stuff. Maybe he's just to nice for this management stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom