The Cryptolambo had gone to the moon... Time for Cryptolambo 2!!!

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
I spent £4k on fuel over 14k miles in my E92 M3 which I thought was good going. I think you’ve knocked that into a cocked hat! Haha

My fuel bills have dropped drastically since covid etc. Must try harder!

Soldato
Yea roughly what the trip computer is spitting out. I can get it to 30 on a cruise on the motorway in eco mode, but forGretta that.
Tbf getting double figures in a car like that must take a miracle, both in engine design and right foot control:cry:. My e92 "only" got mid twenties on the motorway at ahem ~70 +/- a bit:D. My 911 turbo got mid thirties if cruising, benefits of turbos and a marginally smaller engine.

Soldato
Just goes to show if you don't have warranty what kind of money you'd be spending fixing certain issues. Thanks for the breakdown @kindai, it's a great eye opener for those who want to 'live the dream'. I'm normally one to go mental over a fuel cost figure like that, but tbf, it isn't bad at all imo. It's also great you've done some of the nitty gritty yourself and haven't been phased by working on such a car.

Soldato
@kindai , you didn't refuel in hungerford on Sunday afternoon did you? If so I was next to you!

Also have you ever had grief for no front plate?

Well done on meeting your dream target...

I'm still waiting to be able to afford a yacht....

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
@kindai , you didn't refuel in hungerford on Sunday afternoon did you? If so I was next to you!

Not me!

Also have you ever had grief for no front plate?

I had a few stares from the five-0, but I think they would rather not try and get into a discussion of if its legal or not and the potential headache around that.

Soldato
Not me!

I had a few stares from the five-0, but I think they would rather not try and get into a discussion of if its legal or not and the potential headache around that.

I wonder how many yellow Lamborghini's there are in there UK?

Kind of agree with the number plate. I ran my Caterham seven without one for years. Surprised with anpr being so prevalent they are not hotter on it than they were back then.

Soldato
I wonder how many yellow Lamborghini's there are in there UK?

Kind of agree with the number plate. I ran my Caterham seven without one for years. Surprised with anpr being so prevalent they are not hotter on it than they were back then.
Just thinking out loud but if you've no front plate the apartment isn't going to track you is it? Unless you run into the rare copper that's not chasing somebody for offending someone on twitter:cry:.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
i.php

i.php

So apparently they wernt happy with the way I accelerated the car.

Then proceeded to try and throw everything they could at me. Nothing would stick and they know it.

Soldato
So apparently they wernt happy with the way I accelerated the car.

Then proceeded to try and throw everything they could at me. Nothing would stick and they know it.
It is very hard to 'get offended' when you know full well you've taken this vehicle well over legal limits before.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
"it just sounds and looks fast - I wasn't going quick at all" - "Well in that case were doing you for parking too far from the curb... "

Pretty much.

First it was driving dangerously, then it was carelessly, to which I said would you have any evidence that I broke the speed limit, or was not in control of the car and fully aware of my surroundings.

He had a think and then said I accelerated too quickly for a supermarket car park. And went with issuing a warning.

Meanwhile while the other 5 of them checked the tyres, checked the number plate (claimed the front wasnt legal, showed the 4dot card which shows it is fully legal and meets all criteria). Claimed the exhaust wasnt declared on insurance (it is). Declared I needed contacts / glasses on. (Showed them my laser eye surgery discharge letter).

Already contacted west mercia police to have the warning struck as looking at the CPS guidance and previous cases, nothing meets the standard for a section 3 warning (https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/3) going to do a FOIR on the 6 coppers for any complaints for harassment against them and possibly file a harassment complaint.

Man of Honour
The ones that pulled me Saturday were friendly. Followed me for miles, I watched them and eventually they pulled me.

Little they could do, I was doing nothing wrong when they followed me bar a couple of MPH over in one part during an overtake and I took a really tight corner I know well at pace, but legal pace, which triggered them I feel. On came the blues and twos but police woman was spot on, friendly and non condescending which is refreshing too. Quiet night I felt.

Man of Honour
Pretty much.

First it was driving dangerously, then it was carelessly, to which I said would you have any evidence that I broke the speed limit, or was not in control of the car and fully aware of my surroundings.

He had a think and then said I accelerated too quickly for a supermarket car park. And went with issuing a warning.

Meanwhile while the other 5 of them checked the tyres, checked the number plate (claimed the front wasnt legal, showed the 4dot card which shows it is fully legal and meets all criteria). Claimed the exhaust wasnt declared on insurance (it is). Declared I needed contacts / glasses on. (Showed them my laser eye surgery discharge letter).

Already contacted west mercia police to have the warning struck as looking at the CPS guidance and previous cases, nothing meets the standard for a section 3 warning (https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/3) going to do a FOIR on the 6 coppers for any complaints for harassment against them and possibly file a harassment complaint.
Sounds like you got the arrogant sort. Worth a follow up if they had no cause.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
It is very hard to 'get offended' when you know full well you've taken this vehicle well over legal limits before.

If I ever get done for doing something genuinely wrong I'll stick my hands up and admit it. But I wont take it lying down for made up crap.

Little they could do, I was doing nothing wrong when they followed me bar a couple of MPH over in one part during an overtake and I took a really tight corner I know well at pace, but legal pace, which triggered them I feel. On came the blues and twos but police woman was spot on, friendly and non condescending which is refreshing too. Quiet night I felt.

Yep everything I did was in the legal limits.

Sounds like you got the arrogant sort. Worth a follow up if they had no cause.

Yea could tell he has a stick in his arse for the day the one who pulled me, the others didnt seem bothered.

Back
Top Bottom