**Official** Aion Beta Thread

and it appears to be the North American version,

If you really want, you can follow this guide and make the NCSoft launcher report the non-US version. It really is only a cosmetic change since the files NC use between US and EU English are the same.

How To get Aion (US) changed to Aion (EU)
by [timko]

This only takes about a minute to do and is totally unnecessary since NC themselves are using the same files for the US and EU English versions of the beta. The text dialogue is the same and there is no voice acting in the beta anyway. All it will do is make the NCSoft launcher report Aion instead of Aion (US).

1) Load the NCSoft Launcher.

2) At the bottom of the "Not Installed" list you will see an entry labelled "Aion". Left click it then click on the arrow at the end and then properties.

3) Click the "Browse" button and find the folder where you installed Aion (US) and then select the "bin32" folder inside it.

4) You will then be asked if you are sure and a few other minor warnings. Just agree to it. It does NOT need to download another 6 to 8Gb!

5) Check your "Installed" list in the NCSoft Launcher. You will notice that Aion (US) has gone and it's simply left with Aion.

6) This step is optional. Left click on the Aion entry and then the click the arrow and finally on "Repair (Consistency check). This will take 2 or 3 minutes (or more) and it will double confirm that you do no need to download any more files moving from (US) to (EU).

Last edited:
guys a quick Q. Will the characters you roll now be able to be taken to the full game on launch?

No, they will be wiped before the game goes live.

[timko];14492478 said:
Is it still worth me joining the OCuk legion (where everyone seems to be on Level 94539876483746538745) or would I be dragging everyone down with my new low level character?

Of course! Nothing worse in an MMO than not having people to chat with :p Just means you won't be able to play in the Abyss, we can still chat and offer advice etc.

That's a tough price for the digital download version of the Collector's Edition @ £44.99. For £5 more the Retail Box Collector's Edition bags you this...

aionbox.jpg

aioncebk2d548x400.jpg

## The bits in green are what the Retail CE gets extra over the digital download CE

• Hand-painted figurine of Aiva (16.5cm), a winged Asmodian Daeva

• Exclusive in-game items, including:
...* Black Cloud Wings (gives 40 seconds of additional flight time)
...* Black Cloud Earring (gives an HP and an MP boost)
...* Special character title with stat boost
...* Colour dye to tint one in-game item
...* Two character emotes

• Get a 48-hour head start to the live game before the game releases.

• Select your character names and server in advance of the game going live.

• Official Aion soundtrack CD by composer Yang Bang-Ean (known as Ryo Kunihiko in Japan)

• Two dual-sided, full-colour posters

• Full-colour, quick reference card

• Two game DVDs

• Game manual

• Includes first 30 days of gameplay.

## The bits in green are what the Retail CE gets extra over the digital download CE

After various discounts my Retail CE will be just over £41 :cool:

[timko];14492478 said:
This time around I'm going to start a new character seeing as last time I reached level 13 without using newly acquired skills, and essentially dual-sworded it all the way. Now I know where I have to be looking to add new skills to the quickbar at the bottom of the screen I should be able to level up much quicker! :cool:

Is it still worth me joining the OCuk legion (where everyone seems to be on Level 94539876483746538745) or would I be dragging everyone down with my new low level character?

Not at all, we only have 2 lvl 20s and 1 lvl 19 (me) I think everyone else is in the early teens with some lower ones. Plus I hope to get some new members any ways :D

Just wondering, when I try to log on (I know, Beta not up yet) I get the message "We are sorry but this account does not currently have access to Aion".

Is that what everyone else gets? I'm paranoid about these things so if anyone doesn't mind checking that would be great.

Not at all, we only have 2 lvl 20s and 1 lvl 19 (me) I think everyone else is in the early teens with some lower ones. Plus I hope to get some new members any ways :D

That's great, I'll get myself to about Lv5 or so with a new class before diving in :cool:

I get the message "We are sorry but this account does not currently have access to Aion".

Yes, that is the message you are supposed to get whilst the closed beta weekends are inactive :)

I've got everything planned.

Finish work at 18:00.
Straight to KFC.
Get KFC.
Go home.
Take beer from fridge and put it in freezer.
Go for a shower.
Come down, eat KFC and drink ice cold beer.
20:00 queue to log into Aion :D

Over the weekend all that bar the KFC, and work, and also flick the TV between The Ashes and the Open.

**** me I'm a geek.

I've got cans of Relentless, 3 big bags of Walker Sensations, variouse dips (Salsa etc), a bag of apples (can't go wrong), all in a mini fridge next to my PC.

I've even got Monday off work, this more so because I have a doctors appointment but its not will 3pm :P

Nothing wrong with a good old weekend nerd off.

Back
Top Bottom