****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

This phone sounds like a real winner. Hopefully it will pave the way forward for some really good Android phones. I mean on most android phones there is some lag when scrolling etc but on this it just looks smooth as butter. Also how thin? :eek:

I am a bit confused as to the data packages if you buy from buymobilephones.net. I saw some earlier post about being capped or something? I am interested in the Tmobile deal that says unlimited internet, is this actually true or is it capped? Or is it that the phone can't connect to HSDPA if you buy from buymobilephones.net?

This phone sounds like a real winner. Hopefully it will pave the way forward for some really good Android phones. I mean on most android phones there is some lag when scrolling etc but on this it just looks smooth as butter. Also how thin? :eek:

I agree the hardware overall is top grade and top marks to Samsung for optimizing Android to work beautifully on the hardware and also adding many extra features over stock Android.

I am a bit confused as to the data packages if you buy from buymobilephones.net. I saw some earlier post about being capped or something? I am interested in the Tmobile deal that says unlimited internet, is this actually true or is it capped? Or is it that the phone can't connect to HSDPA if you buy from buymobilephones.net?

There is a rumour that the speed is reduced. tmobile say this is not the case - mine will arrive tomorrow and i will post my findings

Is anyone using a micro SD card with their phone at the moment? If so what Class is it, and is it sufficient to use for 1080p video recording? I want to buy a 16GB SD card but am not sure which Class I should go for.

how do you mount the phone on to the computer?

Well you should just drag the notification bar down and there should be something saying USB there, click on it and then click mount.

And Zap I would be very interested to see what your findings are as if it is limited I might just wait to see what Tmobiles deals are going to be. And it also sucks that the unlimited data (HA!!) is capped at 500mb!!! Might look elsewhere if that is the case but I get great signal from Tmobile at home and work and knowing my luck I'd get bad reception if I moved provider :(

Is anyone using a micro SD card with their phone at the moment? If so what Class is it, and is it sufficient to use for 1080p video recording? I want to buy a 16GB SD card but am not sure which Class I should go for.

I purchased one off ebay a Joyflash 16 gb class 10 , saw the thread on xda here is what was said, its not come yet should be here in a day or two will let you know what its like.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1000894

Hi Guys,
just got a new "16 gb class 10 joyflash micro sd' off of ebay for £18

I used h2test 1.4 with a micro sd adapter to test the speed with the test reading and writing 1GB of data

The test yielded results of 15.5 MB/s write and 16.8 MB/s read.

Are these the sort of results that I should be expecting and should they be good enough for me to use a data2ext etc rom?

Thanks

Last edited:

SGS2 1080p Bitrate is about 17Mb/s

therefore anything including and above class 4 (4MB/s = 32Mb/s) should be fine.

Another way to get round it would be to store the video on the phone then move it to the sd card after its recorded.

Package was supposed to be delivered today, waited at home since 7am-9pm as that's their delivery hours and nothing came. I am so angry right now. To top it of, they put on the tracking information, tried to deliver but no one at home. So damn useless those lousy buggers.

Yodel = DHL = ****

I am also mad. I have been home all day from 7am - 9pm waiting. No attempts were made and I am very central and have had no problems before. Here is what they have done: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Consignee Cannot Be Reached 04/05/11 20:00 EDINBURGH HOME DELIVERY
Out for delivery 04/05/11 08:57 EDINBURGH HOME DELIVERY
Passed to delivery courier 04/05/11 06:49 EDINBURGH SERVICE CENTRE
Scanned as part of secure process 04/05/11 EDINBURGH SERVICE CENTRE
Arrived At Depot 04/05/11 05:53 EDINBURGH SERVICE CENTRE
Parcel data received awaiting coll. 03/05/11 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE

Anyone experiencing problems with the headset jack ? I have to fiddle with the earphone jack (slightly in and out) to get the sound to come out the earphones...

Mine is fine, I did notice though that with the stock headphones they 'stop' just before properly connecting, took a bit of force to get them to fully seat and work, the black plastic surround should be touching the top of the phone (at the front at least), confused me until I noticed the 0.1mm or so gap :p

One thing I miss from my old phone is the lock screen displaying the phone provider that it's connected to, any way to get that back?

Starting to get the hang of this, but I assume thier isnt any workable themes seeing as its new?

Also As i have an account on Soundcloud, grabbed the App, but its jsut coming up that their is a Playback error..can anyone check that theirs works if you have it?

Mine is fine, I did notice though that with the stock headphones they 'stop' just before properly connecting, took a bit of force to get them to fully seat and work, the black plastic surround should be touching the top of the phone (at the front at least), confused me until I noticed the 0.1mm or so gap :p

One thing I miss from my old phone is the lock screen displaying the phone provider that it's connected to, any way to get that back?

Cheers Skill, didn't have them fully seated,needed a little more pressure, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom