****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Tried one of these out in P4U, just a question to owners; I've read about them getting hot during use, certainly seemed warm whilst I was using it in the shop (had brightness turned to max however), is this common?

I don't have my display anywhere near 100%, around 45% iirc, but the only time I've noticed it getting warm is whilst charging and playing drag racing which is fair enough as both of those are likely to heat it up a touch,

It doesn't get as hot as my old magic did whilst charging (it was too slow to generate any heat under load :p)

You guys that had the Desire, how much did you sell it for? I don't really want to eBay mine but it's in the local papers for 200 but will ebay it if I have to with a fine print laid out like nobody's business to make sure chumps don't try to screw me over!

Mazuma'd my dad's one for £145

T-Mobile are offering £150 I've heard.

I'd certainly go with Mazuma, for the hassle of selling on the bay. Mazuma will pay the next day. Never had a problem with them trying to revalue the phone, which other firms (cash4phones) had tried with me.

i have a funny issue, i have a white pixel that only shows in the default browser when a dark colour is placed over it, its actually the left bottom corner pixel, can someone just go on the ocuk site on their gally using default browser and see if they have a white pixel too please(bottom left corner).

on my home screen it doesnt show, videos doesnt show. only the browser i think

You guys that had the Desire, how much did you sell it for? I don't really want to eBay mine but it's in the local papers for 200 but will ebay it if I have to with a fine print laid out like nobody's business to make sure chumps don't try to screw me over!

Am going to T-mobile mine for £150 when my S2 arrives tomorrow as mines in a lot worse condition than it should be and is missing the headphones.

Could be worth it for you as you can keep all the extras etc and absolutely no risk, even though I know you keep yours in very good nick.

Edit: although for the sake of a fiver I might use Mazuma due to the glowing reviews.

Got a guide for doing all that?

Mine was a bit hit and miss and a little scary but will copy from XDA now..

You need to sign upto XDA because there is attachments you need to download

1st I did the beginners guide

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=13319294&postcount=1 - This is easy bit.

Then download the KDF Firmware http://hotfile.com/dl/116656855/2ccf2f4/I9100XWKDF.rar.html - This will revert it back to standard GS2

Then using the odbin again:

PDA: Code
Phone: Modem
CSC: Multi csc

This will get rid of the yellow warning mark on boot.

Then you need to flash 1 more file:

Yes, you flash the kernel as PDA in Odin.

The XWKDF download from Samfirmware has the kernel as a seperate module, so just flash the file called KERNEL_I9100XWKDF_ etc

Last edited:
This case arrived for me today and for the price I paid I thought it would be rubbish, but would do until a decent Case Mate one was available. However, I was wrong and it is really good - fits nicely and doesn't add too much bulk:

dsc00019lm.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280655056594

Is there anywhere else that sells higher quality smart cases? Someone on here ordered a really nice case from Korea, thinking more along those lines.

Couldn't resist updating the firmware on mine. If it's the only time I do it, it was worth it.

Had a few scary moments, with long pauses and what not but it's working pretty much as it was before expect no O2 crap and my iPlayer has gone, so had to restore that.

Mazuma look excellent thanks, they only require phone and battery too so all extras can be put on eBay or MM or something so the difference can be made easier :D

Back
Top Bottom