Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Soldato
OP
Wow they're expensive :eek: I did some research when I replaced my bulbs and it seemed that the Philips ones were universally recommended on various forums as a pretty damn good OEM replacement. Mine are slightly brighter now that I've replaced them :)

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Yeah the Philips looked good too. The OSRAM are supposed to give a slightly whiter light (5000K vs 4300K I think) but while having the lumens of a 4300K bulb. They are also said to have a wider field.

Got the OSRAMs for £118/pair. Philips do a +50% bulb but cheapest I found that was £198/pair.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
All fitted yesterday.

Before (Halogens):
st220_halogens.jpg

and after (Xenons):
st220_xenons.jpg

If the beam looks high it's because my drive is on a slope and slight tilt as well.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Full OEM headlamps swap with re-wiring to work with a factory Halogen car and direct feeds from the battery with in-line fuses for the extra power requirements.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
Well someone did :)

Yes I can use my manual levelling adjuster the same as before.

On another topic, does anyone else have trouble with in-car phone chargers causing interference with the Sony 6CD unit?

Soldato
OP
It depends how you define 'trying'. I've seen 37 but that was in the middle of the night on a really steady run. In reality you'll see between 32 and 35 depending on conditions etc. It's not something to get hung up on really

Soldato
It could be when I plan on doing over 20,000 miles. I was expecting high 20s' really.

Thing is though I was looking to spend £15,000 or so on a replacement for the Monaro and Focus and looking around you can pick up a nice spec ST220 for under £4000 now. It's really something to consider.

Soldato
MOT time this week, last year there was an advisory for the exhaust beginning to perish.

What are my options for replacing the exhaust? I don't want anything too loud and I don't want to spend much if I can help it. I'm certainly not looking for any performance gains or anything like that.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I did 320 miles yesterday on the A14zzzz at a steady 70mph and was getting between 34 and 35mpg indicated. There was no traffic though and I was able to use cruise control pretty much the entire time. A couple stops along the way and a bit of town driving each end brought that figure down to just over 30mpg overall (measured at the pump).

Typically though I get 20-21mpg on my commute due to traffic and I've had a few 18mpg tanks lately.

Back
Top Bottom