• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DirectX 12

Not sure how many times I have to say it. I hope Mantle is a success and if it is working well for all, fantastic.

Now explain why AMD users are turning settings down, as I thought the idea was to have higher frame rates so you could add to the details?

If it is working correctly, then I apologise and good stuff.

^ I never turned my settings down on BF4 with mantle and got noticeably higher frame rates! Just that the mantle drivers worked well with BF4 but they actually impacted performance on other games strangely enough for me. But while I tested mantle I was nothing but amazed!

I believe people needing to adjust settings are using 7000 series and there is a vram bug?
I have turned my settings up :D now running ultra with superb results.

Can either play locked 120fps or let it run free and avg way over see no point in playing over the refresh rate though.

Not sure how many times I have to say it. I hope Mantle is a success and if it is working well for all, fantastic.

Doesn't matter how many times you say you hope Mantle is a success in one hand when you negate it by stating it doesn't work for most with every other breath, it's fud reporting while not even using mantle:

Well BF4 still isn't working correctly for most with Mantle.

I'm under no illusions some haven't had a far from positive Mantle experience, but it certainly aint the majority with the numbers provided.

Now explain why AMD users are turning settings down, as I thought the idea was to have higher frame rates so you could add to the details?

Obvious answer is it's the minority having problems going by the consensus.

I've never had to turn anything down, I can turn settings up(res scaling) and play on lesser fps than DX and it's still a better experience than DX, it's like a lavish smothering of salty Lurpak-the full flavour you can only taste first hand. :D

If it is working correctly, then I apologise and good stuff.

You don't need to apologise, just take notice of the positive experiences for a change instead of only absorbing the negatives-which ends up equating to your jelly belly misinforming the masses regarding Mantle.:eek::p:D

:)

Nvidia are doing pretty well with DX11 VS Mantle,

tPsxphw.png

From: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014...card_performance_review_part_1/1#.UxkaI4VfbLl

The gap could be even bigger with DX12. Competition is a great thing. AMD deserve praise for Mantle and giving MS a kick up the butt. Prob the most exciting upcoming years in PC gaming for as long as I can remember. New Windows, new DX, Mantle, new 20nm GPU's, 8 core Intel CPU's, APU's, DDR4, SteamOS, 4K, Oculus Rift.. Lot's of changes..

All these peeps moaning like a bunch of old grannys on here, trolling each other, personally think this a great time for PC gaming no matter what brand your hardware belongs to..

Last edited:
You don't need to apologise, just take notice of the positive experiences for a change instead of only absorbing the negatives-which ends up equating to your jelly belly misinforming the masses regarding Mantle.:eek::p:D

What positives?

This thread is about DX12 and maybe you should focus on the positives of that instead of jumping to the defence of Mantle in every single thread.

Bring on DX12 and better enhancements. If I need to get new GPU's, then so be it.

There is my initial thoughts and the more I think about it, the more I want DX12 to be a big hit. It will be big news on March 20th (I think that is the date) and I embrace a newer, more refined DX variant :)

Open Standards at its finest and a level playing field is good for all.

Last edited:

tPsxphw.png

From: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014...card_performance_review_part_1/1#.UxkaI4VfbLl

The gap could be even bigger with DX12. Competition is a great thing. AMD deserve praise for Mantle and giving MS a kick up the butt. Prob the most exciting upcoming years in PC gaming for as long as I can remember. New Windows, new DX, Mantle, new 20nm GPU's, 8 core Intel CPU's, APU's, DDR4, SteamOS, 4K.. Lot's of changes..

All these peeps moaning like a bunch of old grannys on here, trolling each other, personally think this a great time for PC gaming no matter what brand your hardware belongs to..

Been said a lot and even I can tell that Mantle offers a much smoother gameplay. The frame times are much better the gpu and CPU is much better.
Watch any of my latest videos on YouTube and you see what I mean.

Even the frame rate change is less noticeable under Mantle, what I mean by this is under DirectX if you have say 160fps and then drop down to say 110fps you feel it, it looks choppy. Under Mantle I don't get this and again my videos show this well.
Another thing with Mantle I don't get screen tear? While the type that don't see it unless I look for it but even when trying with Mantle I don't see it at all.

Again videos without vsync can you spot screen tear?

No links sorry on phone in work.

Edit links
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiLZ0eeQCBo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q4fR36ix04

Last edited:
What positives?

Ah gregorio, soo funny, do you cover the screen?

But while I tested mantle I was nothing but amazed!

Must

not

read

that

bit....

I have turned my settings up :D now running ultra with superb results

Must

not

read

that

bit....

I've never had to turn anything down, I can turn settings up(res scaling) and play on lesser fps than DX and it's still a better experience than DX, it's like a lavish smothering of salty Lurpak-the full flavour you can only taste first hand. :D

Must

not

read

that

bit....

See what I mean, count them, 1, 2, 3 Mantle positives in this page and you still can't absorb it, hell I gave you a poll and you obviously don't want to accept the general consensus either.:o

This thread is about DX12 and maybe you should focus on the positives of that instead of jumping to the defence of Mantle in every single thread.

:confused:I posted DX12 positive too, I haven't been posting much lately(check my history) because of the FUD talk(from both camps), what's the point tbph.

tPsxphw.png

The gap could be even bigger with DX12. Competition is a great thing. AMD deserve praise for Mantle and giving MS a kick up the butt. Prob the most exciting upcoming years in PC gaming for as long as I can remember. New Windows, new DX, Mantle, new 20nm GPU's, 8 core Intel CPU's, APU's, DDR4, SteamOS, 4K, Oculus Rift.. Lot's of changes..

Actually Nvidia do really crap in DX vs Mantle. All [H] did was pick a bit where Mantle was not needed, where it had no effect.

My own findings.

Last edited:
More petty moaning and peeps trying score points on each other :rolleyes: Looking at you bumhug..

Being someone that can afford either AMD or Nvidia, and I often switch between the two. I'm really not bothered about an extra 5fps either way. I chose the Ti based on it being much cooler and quieter. I had a 290X you know this right? I mean let's be real for a sec I tried them all, and kept what I liked. That doesn't mean I don't like AMD, but whatever man you will likely spin this into some anti AMD post..

Great times for PC gamers ahead, for those that actually enjoy using the new stuff. Those whingy types, that insist that one brand is superior will just keep point scoring between themselves, I swear you guys get more enjoyment out off trolling than actually using your PC :D

Actually Nvidia do really crap in DX vs Mantle.

Harsh words, I would say Nvidia done well with the gains from their last driver tbph, but it goes to show that Mantle can negate the performance advantage of a clearly faster gpu.

It will be interesting to see if Mantle provides moar performance in BF4 as it evolves through drivers/patches.

On another note Mantle also has stuff to show :D

Check out @Thracks's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Thracks/status/441399872843825152

Interesting, I almost missed that shanks, I was trying this out:

6127e31135fa398ea5607e8e0e32eb78.jpg

@ Boomstick777 you post your slides and i will post mine. don't get upset when they contradict yours :p

You can't start a war of slides and then moan about a war of slides. ;)

@ Tommy, another slide.

NV performance in DX is great, but its no better than AMD 'In DX'. 780TI vs 290X here and the 290X actually has a small 5% lead with both on latest Drivers. :)

Last edited:
Fair enough, but I don't think Mantle V DX should be all about the numbers, Nvidia could hit higher in DX and still not get an equal experience to what Mantle brings to the table-you should know what I mean.

Hopefully MS follow through on their promise with DX and it's not the usual smelly fart in a cupboard that they tend to deliver.

Fair enough, but I don't think Mantle V DX should be all about the numbers, Nvidia could hit higher in DX and still not get an equal experience to what Mantle brings to the table-you should know what I mean.

Hopefully MS follow through on their promise with DX and it's not the usual smelly fart in a cupboard that they tend to deliver.

I know exactly what you mean. :)

Anyway, i'm all for DX12 and its success, if it gives me and 'crucially everyone' the same experience that Mantle does, then everyone will be happy.

Back
Top Bottom