• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DirectX 12

Soldato
At the end of the day, no games will use directx 12 for a few years, its just a gimmick to force ppl to upgrade. Theres no way Im upgrading to sh**** windows 8.1 just for directx12, that games wont take advantage from for a few yrs

bee

bee

Associate
tbh big thanks to amd for getting the ball rolling on this without them i doubt valve/nvidia would be putting as much work into opengl as they are now and ms certainly wouldn't be developing dx12. mantle is doomed though, dx/ogl are too old and established for dev's to switch en masse to a brand new api they have zero experience with

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If there are no top tier games announced for DX12 then what's the point? What games can we expect anyway?

I spend over £500 on a 780 last year damnit!

Soldato
At the end of the day, no games will use directx 12 for a few years, its just a gimmick to force ppl to upgrade. Theres no way Im upgrading to sh**** windows 8.1 just for directx12, that games wont take advantage from for a few yrs

People said the same about DX9, DX10, and DX11. Some people just don't like progression. Can't come quick enough imho, I expect a few games will get patched in support and new games over the next 5-6 years will have native DX12 support, lower overhead for GPU and CPU. All good things, progression is a good thing..

If there are no top tier games announced for DX12 then what's the point? What games can we expect anyway?

I spend over £500 on a 780 last year damnit!

Once it's launched all new games will use it, just like when we had DX9, DX10 and DX11. DX12 is the next step.. The latest console generation will last about 5-6 years, imagine DX12 will run about the same time period, offer new effects, along with lower GPU/CPU overhead. DX12 will become standard just like the current DX11 did.

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
So the red fanboys are ****ging off DX. Seems like we not only have AMD and nVidia fanboys, we have the red team trying to bum love Mantle with the green team behind DX. So we have thousands of games using DX and 1, yes I repeat 1 game using Mantle.....Well they do say love is blind.

Caporegime
So the red fanboys are ****ging off DX. Seems like we not only have AMD and nVidia fanboys, we have the red team trying to bum love Mantle with the green team behind DX. So we have thousands of games using DX and 1, yes I repeat 1 game using Mantle.....Well they do say love is blind.

Everytime i see a LambChop post i have a good laugh to myself and remember that theres always someone more unfortunate than yourself out there in the big bad world.

Mobster
Soldato
Soon to be two :D

Really though some of titles with dire DX11 performance (Batman) being the main one was nothing short of shocking in DX11.

Well they still have to fix the first game, and Thief doesnt need Mantle. Then there's the tiny little issue that there's a huge % of AMD cards that cant even use Mantle.

DX is not just DX11.

Mobster
Soldato
Everytime i see a LambChop post i have a good laugh to myself and remember that theres always someone more unfortunate than yourself out there in the big bad world.

Sorry Matt, did I disjoint your nose there ? Maybe you could keep at it with AMD, you must be close to getting a job there surely ?

Associate
People said the same about DX9, DX10, and DX11. Some people just don't like progression.

And u obviously dont like change..

I dont know why topics like this bring out the kiddy retard in people but most of u guys need to grow up and wait and see what pans out in the future instead of all the fanboy hating thats going on right now. In a perfect world i'd like to see the option as we see in BF4 where i can choose between DX or Mantle.

As usual theres no constructive discussion that i was hoping to read here.. guess i'll just move along and keep enjoying running Mantle on BF4.

At least AMD got some bums moving but i really dont think Mantle is dead.

Keep trolling the RIP pics lads.. just shows the mentality of some people here.

Caporegime
And u obviously dont like change..

I dont know why topics like this bring out the kiddy retard in people but most of u guys need to grow up and wait and see what pans out in the future instead of all the fanboy hating thats going on right now. In a perfect world i'd like to see the option as we see in BF4 where i can choose between DX or Mantle.

As usual theres no constructive discussion that i was hoping to read here.. guess i'll just move along and keep enjoying running Mantle on BF4.

At least AMD got some bums moving but i really dont think Mantle is dead.

Keep trolling the RIP pics lads.. just shows the mentality of some people here.

Have sympathy for them, its not their fault. Some of them can't even count to potato.

Back
Top Bottom