*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Anyone else find that the XBOX molests the TV viewing image in dark scenes? Its the one thing that keeps me from using it for watching TV Both of the below images are through the same HDMI input and the TV is applying the same brightness settings etc for that input.

XBOX Picture settings are TV Resolution 1080p, TV Connection Auto, Colour Depth 24bit, Colour Space TV and ticked allow 50Hz

Image 1 Sky direct to TV via HDMI1
Image 2 Sky through XBOX to TV via HDMI1

photo_2.jpg

photo_1.jpg

Caporegime
Anyone else find that the XBOX molests the TV viewing image in dark scenes? Its the one thing that keeps me from using it for watching TV Both of the below images are through the same HDMI input and the TV is applying the same brightness settings etc for that input.

XBOX Picture settings are TV Resolution 1080p, TV Connection Auto, Colour Depth 24bit, Colour Space TV and ticked allow 50Hz

Image 1 Sky direct to TV via HDMI1
Image 2 Sky through XBOX to TV via HDMI1

photo_2.jpg

photo_1.jpg
Pretty sure that's black crush - I know that affects XO games but didn't know it affected the HDMI input. There's no fix unless MS fix the changes they made to the RGB curve but they didn't on the X360 IIRC...

Don't think it affects BDs/DVDs though weirdly

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Minecraft coming out this Friday.

Anyone else buying it on the One?

Not sure which console to get it on, would prefer options of playing with people.

Tempted. Its one of the games I never bothered to get on the PC, even though I've really enjoyed similar games such as terraria. Due to that, I'll probably pick it up on the XB1 just so I can play it from the comfort of my bed lol.

Soldato
Bit of a pointless offer from Microsoft really. Free to play the game for only a couple of days, its hardly worth the massive download. Supposed to be something like 40gb and I fail to see why it's gold only.

Caporegime
Bit of a pointless offer from Microsoft really. Free to play the game for only a couple of days, its hardly worth the massive download. Supposed to be something like 40gb and I fail to see why it's gold only.

Why is it pointless?

Seriously seems like MS can do nothing right in some peoples eyes these days.

Soldato
I've wanted to try out F5 for ages now. Thanks for the heads up, any idea how big the DL is?

40gb

I don't see how it's pointless at all. I've wanted to try the full game for ages, but not enough to want to buy it, now I've got 4 days of the full game for absolutely nothing.

Why is it for Gold only? Well, it's a membership benefit, like Games with Gold, or Deals with Gold.

40Gb is big, yes, but it's hardly a problem if you've got an uncapped and decent connection. Plus you can start the game before it's even hit 30% or something, I did the opening race and two career races before I left for work today and it was still around 50% downloaded I think. It'll be done by now I expect as well.

I guess it'll take some people the whole weekend to download, bit silly of Microsoft.

That's their problem, not Microsoft's. Besides, if anyone complains about this then they're an idiot. IT'S FREE! They didn't have to do this. I swear some people will find ANYTHING to moan about sometimes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Will it let you start playing before the download is complete?

- Edit - seen above. 10-15 gig then not so bad imho.

Here's a thing, we're giving it to you for a limited time for free, enjoy!

Seems like a good thing to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is it pointless?

Seriously seems like MS can do nothing right in some peoples eyes these days.

I don't see how it's pointless at all. I've wanted to try the full game for ages, but not enough to want to buy it, now I've got 4 days of the full game for absolutely nothing.

Why is it for Gold only? Well, it's a membership benefit, like Games with Gold, or Deals with Gold.

40Gb is big, yes, but it's hardly a problem if you've got an uncapped and decent connection. Plus you can start the game before it's even hit 30% or something, I did the opening race and two career races before I left for work today and it was still around 50% downloaded I think. It'll be done by now I expect as well.

A massive download which, for me, would take the best part of a day, maybe two to download. Maybe I'd get a day to play it. I don't see why it's limited to gold members only when it's only available for a limited time. If it was free permanently, sure, gold only would make more sense.

Yes, I get it's FREE and normally I'd applaud something like this but limiting it to gold only for a limited time for such a huge game is bizarre, I know they are just trying to entice you to buy it at full price (you're not going to finish it in a weekend, let's face it) but a smaller demo/trial open to everyone would have been just as enticing for me but because of the size, I probably won't bother now.

Caporegime
I don't see the problem myself - though perhaps some forethought in preloading beforehand might help since games are so big. No doubt that's why it's available today rather than tomorrow...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Considering they have the tech in place it would have been nice if they let you pre-load Forza 5 before the free weekend :)

Still, more of this kind of thing please MS!

Back
Top Bottom