*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Games with gold on the xbone is effin grim :(

Actually, I've been pleasantly surprised by the games they've been giving away - they're games I wouldn't have thought to buy, but have thoroughly enjoyed... with the exception of Crimson Dragon which I haven't downloaded.

Each time they've announced them I've thought it was a bit of a poor line up, but Max, Guacamelee, Spartan Assault and now Super Time Force I've all really enjoyed. I didn't even mind the Strike Suit Zero, again, something I would have never got, but enjoyed it enough to complete.

Shame they can't do two every month (looks like its going to be three every two months), but I guess there just isn't enough content yet :\

Soldato
Just picked up an Xbox One today (Already have a PA4)...

First impressions.. Jesus, how long does it take to install a game!!!

What a stupid design the Kinect is, you have to buy an adapter to sit it on the top of the TV.

I've not used a PS4 yet, but from what I understand about the same time? Although a lot of games on the XOne allow you to play after about 10% install - not sure if PS4 does this too.

As for the Kinect, it's designed to sit under the TV, it expects to be sat under the TV, so I'd say it's well designed for that. It would look bloody stupid sat on top of the TV IMHO. Below the TV it just kinda blends in for me, don't notice it. Don't use it, but don't notice it ;)

Si.

Si.

Soldato
I've not used a PS4 yet, but from what I understand about the same time? Although a lot of games on the XOne allow you to play after about 10% install - not sure if PS4 does this too.

As for the Kinect, it's designed to sit under the TV, it expects to be sat under the TV, so I'd say it's well designed for that. It would look bloody stupid sat on top of the TV IMHO. Below the TV it just kinda blends in for me, don't notice it. Don't use it, but don't notice it ;)

Unfortunately it doesn't fit under my TV :( I'll have to re-think my layout.

Associate

PS4 installs quicker, but for me the download time is horrendous.

I agree Kinect is designed exactly for under the TV :)

Associate
£7.99 for 10 tracks, urgh.

I thought that was quite good to be honest. I love the Dance Central games though, just completed all the beginner routines and 1 pro routine (on Pompeii by Bastille). Took me about an hour and a half. I did buy 3 or 4 tracks aswell though. Still got 9 more dance routines per song. Great value IMO.

Definitely worth picking up if you are a fan of the series.

Soldato
Pretty decent deal for £20 per year.

I didn't rate the new NFS though, the cop side of things was good but being a racer wasn't too fun. The cops felt really OP.

Soldato
Apparently they've just said "this month' for NFS into EA Access Vault.

Does anyone know what the deal is with changing your locale to US so you can buy games for less and get earlier access? What are the risks? Will my UK purchased games still be available? Can I change back to UK and still have access to my US purchased games?

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate

It makes my TV look like a fat, black Jonny 5

Associate
I must be the only one as I am absolutely still loving the Kinect/Xboxone, love browsing the web on a large screen with TV snapped, can watch football on Sky Sports whilst talking on forums to football fans, just fantastic much better than using a tiny screen on a mobile phone, just 10 years years ago what you can do on the xboxone would have been fantasy, amazing piece of technology and in the future will become standard and built into all types of technological devices.

I find the UI intuitive and improving by the month with new updates, in a years time I can see it being even better.

Associate
Apparently they've just said "this month' for NFS into EA Access Vault.

Does anyone know what the deal is with changing your locale to US so you can buy games for less and get earlier access? What are the risks? Will my UK purchased games still be available? Can I change back to UK and still have access to my US purchased games?

Cheers

Don't know of any risks, lots of people do it. I'm buying Destiny and Diablo 3 from the HK store this week as well :D

Back
Top Bottom