*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
I ended up just getting a year subscription. Played a bit of Madden 25 and although I'm not the biggest NFL fan, it was actually kind of fun. Might be fun online too, although FIFA and NHL will definitely be taking up most of my time from now on. The new NHL is awesome.

Not heard of G2A, looks good though and a great way of getting digital games for less. Is it 100% safe and legit?

Never had a problem

Associate
Finally got my replacement controller from MS today and the random disconnecting issue appears to be gone, which is a relief as I was worried it might have been an issue with the console.

The new controller doesn't seem to switch itself off after x minutes of inactivity, the old one use to power off after 2-3 minutes inactivity, is this something they changed in a recent update?
I actually prefer it not switching itself off, but I couldn't find any setting for it.

So powered up the Xbox today and started installing some games from the Store and I've noticed the hard drive makes a bit of noise.

Now I've heard that some people are having problems but the level of noise is not at all the same noise level.

It sounds like normal read / write access but I want to check if this is OK?

I can hear the hard drive in mine while it's busy, but it can only really be heard if the room is quiet. I can't recall the loudness of it varying with mine though, I think it's consistent.

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
Loving my xbox one so far forza is beautiful and dead rising is a lot of fun downloads are nice and quick so not much waiting around. happy with it so far have to see how the ps4 stands up when it comes with destiny regardless It a good console and would recommend it to anyone.

Last edited:
Associate
PS4 owners replacing their DS4 sticks with the superior Xboxone sticks :D

I'm not surprised tbh my blue ds4 came today a week before my ps4 comes and after holding both I prefer my xbox one controller loads. Just wish it came with rechargeable battery's like the ds4 it really non excusable.

Soldato
Ok, It looks like im heading off to Korea again with work for some time, I'm planning on shipping my Xbox over with me and my PC but i have some concerns about how the Xbox One will work in a region that its not available in yet.

Will I be able to get on Live still? Last time i lived out there my UK 360 worked fine except a couple of demos that wouldnt download cause they were region locked out by IP but with "the cloud" im not so sure its that simple now.

With the One be not excatly "drop in your suitcase" size I dont know anyone who has taken one away with work yet, I dont really want to get a PS4 yet but they are much more portable and are available in Korea already.

Soldato
I'm not surprised tbh my blue ds4 came today a week before my ps4 comes and after holding both I prefer my xbox one controller loads. Just wish it came with rechargeable battery's like the ds4 it really non excusable.

I just have a load of Energizer AA rechargeables which I rotate between the controllers and the plug-in charger thing. Probably not as convenient but it does the job :)

Soldato

I buy Duarcell's of ebay cheap. They last ages in the Xbox pad. The DS4 has a pathetic battery that lasts about 6 hours. Tbh I wish the the DS4 had AA batteries. :)

Si.

Si.

Soldato
Just picked up an Xbox One today (Already have a PA4)...

First impressions.. Jesus, how long does it take to install a game!!!

What a stupid design the Kinect is, you have to buy an adapter to sit it on the top of the TV.

Soldato
Ok, It looks like im heading off to Korea again with work for some time, I'm planning on shipping my Xbox over with me and my PC but i have some concerns about how the Xbox One will work in a region that its not available in yet.

Will I be able to get on Live still? Last time i lived out there my UK 360 worked fine except a couple of demos that wouldnt download cause they were region locked out by IP but with "the cloud" im not so sure its that simple now.

With the One be not excatly "drop in your suitcase" size I dont know anyone who has taken one away with work yet, I dont really want to get a PS4 yet but they are much more portable and are available in Korea already.

I'd take a stab in the dark and say you won't be able to connect the Xbox one to Xbox live and browse the marketplace etc.

that said, if you want gaming I'm sure you'll be able to do that.

actually, just checked, afaik it should be in Korea on 26th september so you should be able to browse their marketplace at the end of the month.

Associate
Just picked up an Xbox One today (Already have a PA4)...

First impressions.. Jesus, how long does it take to install a game!!!

What a stupid design the Kinect is, you have to buy an adapter to sit it on the top of the TV.

Games install quite fast for me, but if there are updates for the game it will download all of them first. Possibly why it's going slow for you.

Back
Top Bottom