The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Took a chance on this and it's quite playable on a gtx560ti (2500k and 12GB). Even with a lot of the eye candy by necessity turned off, it still looks ok.

Seems this game is a heck of a lott less demanding than the system requirements lead you to believe. from what ive seen runs quite well, matching a ps4 of like 30 fps, medium settings, on an i3 with some average gfx card like a 750ti

Last edited:
Permabanned
lol - but true

does a 980 run full everything, sharpening, AA, hairworks max, 1080p @60 ?

60+ but I still have to put foliage distance on high to maintain it, everything else is fully maxed. Sits between 60-70fps, I do have the overclocked 980 SC doh so that might make a slight difference. If you ultra the foliage distance it will drop to 55 in certain places. I also cap my games at 70fps so it might go higher, doubt it though. Hairworks makes a massive difference with the monsters, not so much with geralt though. Either way you won't do that with a 750ti, I would expect low-medium settings tbh using that card, might be wrong. You would need a titan I guess to max everything above 1080p at a nice fps.

Last edited:

SkodaMart

SkodaMart

Might not be stable, wouldn't be the first time ive heard factory OC cards being unstable.

Either try wacking up the volts or decreasing the clock a touch.

My GTX 660 Ti power edition doesn't like it either.

Constanly crashing.

I have had to install MSi afterburner and bump up the voltage 20mv at stock clocks.

Running really well now however, with hairworks off.

Associate
im running everything on high rather than ultra 1920x1200 at 50-50 fps no hairworks and a sweetfx preset enabled. ultra went below 30 too much, I never seem to get the fps other people do, think maybe my cpu needs an upgrade! On the plus side not a single crash yet!

Soldato
The way the quests tie in with each other is amazing. The story itself is mediocre so far, but the quests and the interaction between them are brilliant.

I'm getting quite good at Gwent now. It really is quite good.

Caporegime
lol - but true

does a 980 run full everything, sharpening, AA, hairworks max, 1080p @60 ?

Not quite. Get dips into the mid to high 40's with everything on and ultra on my 980. Especially with lots of hairy animals in shot.

If I turned foliage to high instead of ultra it could easily do 60fps constantly even with hairworks on. Foliage visibility is a killer but I like the ultra setting too much to turn it off. Turning it to high really does cut a lot of the distant foliage out.

So, I run everything on and ultra but with shadows at high as this seems to net about 5fps with no noticeable change in the visuals (not from what I can see anyway). This means its almost always at 60 with some drops to about 50ish.

Back
Top Bottom