The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Associate
Any tips for fist fights? I'm seriously bad at it, I'm playing with very limited HUD so don't get the prompts and there's a story quest I have to fight 3 dudes - can't even get 1 down :(

Associate
Is it only me or Combat is this game doesn't feel right?
I mean is not that good and rewarding?
Killing people/monsters doesn't give me much satisfaction:(

I don't find it nearly as satisfying as Dark Souls (just to name one), but I don't think any game compares to it.

It also depends on your difficulty level, but swapping signs in the middle of the fight is pretty clunky (with the 360 controller at least) and I end up only using the shield 90% of the times .

Associate
Just experienced my first thunderstorm in Velen and, well, what can I say? :eek:

They got the atmosphere just right for storms in this game, truly amazing; in-fact the weather system as a whole is really great.

I'm really getting into the swing of things with this game now, it is pretty damn good I must say - the graphics in Velen seem quite a bit better than White Orchard too :)

Permabanned
Any tips for fist fights? I'm seriously bad at it, I'm playing with very limited HUD so don't get the prompts and there's a story quest I have to fight 3 dudes - can't even get 1 down :(

Not sure about easy mode but you get no prompts, if you see someone take a swing press the right mouse button to block just before they hit and then counter attack with the left mouse button.

Associate
Not sure about easy mode but you get no prompts, if you see someone take a swing press the right mouse button to block just before they hit and then counter attack with the left mouse button.

Easy? Death march is the only way! I was watching a stream earlier he said counter when their name tag flashes red or something but I have that off. Cheers i'll give it a go tomorrow, i've been holding block constantly probably where I'm going wrong

Soldato
Seems that you can only block or counter certain enemies though, humans are fine but most monsters cant be countered and the larger ones can stun/hurt you when blocking them. Im a big fan of either dodging or rolling, though it can be awkward getting in behind things to hit them for some proper damage at the rear.

Permabanned
Seems that you can only block or counter certain enemies though, humans are fine but most monsters cant be countered and the larger ones can stun/hurt you when blocking them. Im a big fan of either dodging or rolling, though it can be awkward getting in behind things to hit them for some proper damage at the rear.

Yeah, not sure what happens when you unlock other stuff but you are correct at this stage of the game do not try to block monsters, just dodge the attacks. Also don't try to block the humans with the huge axe things as they will pretty much break your block, only block swords and maces. But ofc he was talking about fist fights so he can block those all day long and counter. I guess if you could block monsters all the time it would get boring so it means you have to double tap or roll and then attack or use a sign. They did a damn good job tbh.

Does seem to be some repetitive gameplay though with the ?'s, I just wonder if the game might be a tad bit to long in that regard for the people who are not fans of the series.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it only me or Combat is this game doesn't feel right?
I mean is not that good and rewarding?
Killing people/monsters doesn't give me much satisfaction:(
The combat has always been fairly weak in the Witcher games IMO. It's gradually gotten better over the course of the series, but even in this it's still miles off a lot of other action RPGs.

Associate
Witcher 3 certainly has the best combat out of the series though. 1 wasn't very action based, 2 had way too much dodge rolling while 3 smooths that out.

Back
Top Bottom