The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Does any one know how I can get GOG Galaxy to recognise my witcher install? I had to install a new OS so I just did a back up of the witcher directory and I can only launch it by running the shortcut - Any one know how I can launch it by GOG

Permabanned
Does any one know how I can get GOG Galaxy to recognise my witcher install? I had to install a new OS so I just did a back up of the witcher directory and I can only launch it by running the shortcut - Any one know how I can launch it by GOG

Keep your backup safe and try this:

Say you have w3 installed to c:gog add c:gog to Galaxy as the install path.

Goto your games on GoG galaxy, find witcher 3 and press install, it should find the install and reinstall it from your files. I tried to do the verify setting and it failed when I moved my install folder to my SSD earlier.

Good luck ;)

Soldato
Just gone back to white Orchard to mop up some things I didn't do. 2 things I have learned-

1. I can't stress enough how important exploring is.... If just for the places of power alone!
2. I'm now going to play with the undiscovered locations map marker off. It is too much like a Ubisoft follow the marker game with them on. I do think the minimap is worth having on though.

Associate
Any Ideas? Seems 1.03 patch has gone back to 1.02??

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt patch log
Error removing: C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64\witcher3.exe
Error adding: C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64\witcher3.exe
Error removing: C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\bundles\startup.bundle
Error adding: C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\bundles\startup.bundle
Error removing: C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\patch0\bundles\patch.bundle
Error adding: C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\patch0\bundles\patch.bundle

Redownloaded. All is OK. Back up to 1.03.
Whens the next patch out??

Permabanned
I tried to show how the monsters hair looks really good, but the video looks rubbish. Using shadowplay, does anyone have any guides to make a decent quality video?

It looks horrible, even if you select fullscreen and use the 1080p setting. The video on my PC looks great, but once it goes to youtube it looks rubbish like the above

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone else frustrated at the high repair costs / poor durability of items in game ? Wear & tear seems excessive in my opinion, takes some fun out of the game.

Associate

I seriously hope they tone it down in an upcoming patch, or even give an option to turn off the mechanic entirely. Weapons quite literally hit 50% durability after only a few kills ... it actually puts me off exploring because I don't want to dull my blades on avoidable combat encounters.

Last edited:

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I seriously hope they tone it down in an upcoming patch, or even give an option to turn off the mechanic entirely. Weapons quite literally hit 50% durability after only a few kills ... it actually puts me off exploring because I don't want to dull my blades on avoidable combat encounters.

Indeed. It seems a little excessive and sucks up a lot of money. For now I tend to have a few steel/silver swords in my inventory at any one time to swap out to lengthen the trips between blacksmiths. That and hope for random loot in the form of repair kits!

Back
Top Bottom