• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD POLARIS RX-480 IN STOCK: THE PERFECT GAMING UPGRADE!!

Associate
This is me:

Throne_Gibbo_2.jpg

If I squint, you only need more curly hair to match your avy. :D

Soldato
"perfect gaming upgrade"

Erm..........?

Edit: Also lmao at all e-standards. Sorry you guys, I forgot you all had victoria's secret models lining up at your door.

Last edited:
Associate
Half of these Jokers have a Girlfriend called Palm

And her five daughters

Bet they even have a better set than the nice girl in the pics

Don't see many pics of them on the Internet - although I don't know whether the lighting would be good in the Basement of their mum would approve with the Dirty plates & unmade bed:D

Soldato
Half of these Jokers have a Girlfriend called Palm

And her five daughters

Bet they even have a better set than the nice girl in the pics

Don't see many pics of them on the Internet - although I don't know whether the lighting would be good in the Basement of their mum would approve with the Dirty plates & unmade bed:D

Oh yeah sorry scratch that. I mean victoria's secret models lining up at their basement door interrupting their game of dungeons and dragons. :D

Soldato
This is me:

What a handsome fellah! Looks a proper gent, too!

Now pulling this thread back away from everyone's mating urges (or lack of in the case of Simon Belmont), some of those monitors look like a pretty good idea. I'm considering either https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer...descreen-led-monitor-black-red-mo-095-ac.html or https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...escreen-led-slim-bezel-monitor-mo-083-as.html maybe. Have never bought Acer before - are they a good brand in people's opinion? Is the Asus one really £80-worth better? N.b. I wont buy a TN monitor, got to be IPS.

Associate
"perfect gaming upgrade"

Erm..........?

Edit: Also lmao at all e-standards. Sorry you guys, I forgot you all had victoria's secret models lining up at your door.

Yeah it's the super model 'girlfriends' I feel sorry for, sprawled out on the bed in their slinky lingerie while the boyfriend is on the other side of the bedroom, hunched over a flickering PC monitor, arguing the toss about async compute and benchmark scores. :D

Soldato
The priced ypuhave in the OP are qwrong.
You have added a tenner or more to most.

you need to amend them
False advertising and all that jaz

Associate
In short margin was pretty tight, but I was happy with making very little margin on the 4GB part as I could simply order more.

I raised a PO for a further 1000 units and it was rejected, AMD stating no more 4GB parts shall be built, so make what you have last or take offline and use for systems.

So this is the reason. I am going to AMD HQ in Munich tomorrow to discuss this because it seems like an error to not produce any more of this part when its success is huge. Makes no sense!

But that is the reason for the increase.

I'm sure it's to appease AIB partners. AMD have WAY more stock for this GPU launch than any in memory. Likely makes AIB partners a little worried, especially when they were frozen out of Fury X / Nano custom solutions.

It's likely that AIB custom designs will replace the reference 4GB cards.

Soldato
Shame nobody in the UK has stock of 4gb and low stock everywhere in general.

I can get Sapphire 8gb for £218 elsewhere and possibly return it for up to 28 days if any better deal comes out but really was hoping for a £180 4gb as 8 is pointless for 1200p anyway.

Soldato
Shame nobody in the UK has stock of 4gb and low stock everywhere in general.

I can get Sapphire 8gb for £218 elsewhere and possibly return it for up to 28 days if any better deal comes out but really was hoping for a £180 4gb as 8 is pointless for 1200p anyway.

You're just late I think, Gibbo mentioned they sold over 700 units today and the 4GB's ran out quickly.

OcUK Staff
OP
Yeh, it's strange that nobody else in UK had any of them in stock though.

@Gibbo - if pound goes over 1.35-1.36, any chance of lower prices on 8gb? How's the stock on 8gb ones?

It is not strange, I made a deal to get exclusivity on 4GB from AMD because I am very good at what I do, proof of this only OcUK has 4GB, Sapphire is still in stock too. :)

We also have the largest range with 8GB MSI, HIS, Sapphire, Powercolor and XFX still in stock.

I am going to AMD Munich HQ tomorrow to discuss production of more 4GB or what future plans are as I feel the 4GB part should not be end of life and in the past AMD have built cards exclusively for OcUK as were one of the few companies in EU who can meet minimum order quantities. :)

If pound stabilises over 1.36 we will have a little movement, £5-£10, we need it around 1.45 to get an 8GB down to £199.99 as with 1.45 we'd make around 5% but to hit £199.99 would be well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom