OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Soldato
Another recipe, shamelessly copied from one I saw last week on UKTVfood but I've played with the idea a bit.

Quick Healthy Lasagne for 2

Ready to cook lasagne
Tin of tomatoes (mine had herbs in too)
Stick of celery
Fennel bulb
Medium onion
Garlic to taste, I used two cloves
Salt and pepper
1 Tsp olive oil
Half a glass of red wine if you want to
Ball of Mozzarella (and some cheddar for extra cheesy)
Parmesan to finish

1. Chop celery, fennel, garlic and onion then fry in oil to soften. Add salt and pepper.
2. Add tin of tomatoes and herbs (add 1 tsp of mixed herbs if a plain can). Add wine. Simmer long enough to reduce slightly and infuse the flavours.
3. layer base of tin, I used a bread tin as this is just for two.
4. Mixture then Lasagne then Mozarella (and cheddar for extra cheesy)

Las1.JPG

5. You can be sparing with the Mozzarella as it melts and spreads.
6. Save half of the Mozzarella for the topping as you need to cover the top for the Lasagne to cook properly.
7. A liberal coating of Parmesan to taste then cook for 25 minutes at 180c.
8. Serve, with a bit of garlic bread if your diet allows

Las2.JPG

Only real fat is in the cheese, just double the ingredients and use a bigger dish for 4 people.
It's really not bad for a veggie meal :)

Associate
Well I've not been to the gym since last Tuesday due to feeling nauseous and suffering from insomnia, so tonight should be interesting
ohwell.gif

For valentines I got a plug-in double hob which means I can do chilli and stir-fry again :D I know its not hugely romantic, but it was something I really wanted which makes it one of the best valentines prezzies ever
icon_syda.gif

Soldato
Green tea is lovely :) We drink it a lot at work. Much nicer than normal tea, and so much better for you.

Managed a bit more at the gym today, but still no running. Going to Body Pump tomorrow because I can't go on Saturday. I'm feeling fine now, but my nose is so runny! Grrrr!

Soldato
Piggymon said:
I got some twinnings one with pear & apple and also pineapple & grapefruit .. oooh they are yummy :D

Got a sore throat today and a few chest pains so I've not done any training tonight . bah :(
Really hope it's not the same cold as I had. Have had it for 10 days now, and it started with a sore throat.

Permabanned
cheets64 said:
woo, just been on a long bike ride to get some lights for my bike so i can start biking to work tomorrow at 5:30 am, cant wait to get into biking again, Its great for you and its FREE and as fast as driving a car sometimes.
Yup ;)
Lostkat said:
Really annoyed with this bloody cold. I want to get on, and I'm all motivated, but I just can't do it at the moment. It's driving me mad

I'm still eating healthy etc., but with every day that I can't go to the gym, I get more and more upset/annoyed that it's going to stop all the good work I've done Wish it would just go away! I never get colds for this long, and I've been taking multivits and eating tonnes of fruit/veg. I just can't seem to shake it though.
Another advantage of a pushbike here Kate - going for a 10-15 minute ride round in the colder air clears out your nose and sinuses better than anything. Just take plenty of tissues!

I had a heavy cold a few weeks ago, similar to what you and Piggy describe, and the bike was the only way I could get to breathe properly. C'mon, stop being such a wuss and get on the slog-iron! :p

Permabanned
Weather is really cold this morning, worked out its 6.4 Miles to work so i did 12.8 miles yesterday in really strong winds.

Just having some porrigde now to warm me up.

I have riden 23.6 Miles so far.

Ian

Ian

Associate
Hi all. After a bit of advice on my diet if possible.

• Original Oats-so-simple for breakfast
  • Apple and banana for a mid morning snack
  • A couple of tuna/ham/chicken salad wholemeal pittas for lunch
  • Usually something involving pasta, rice, lean mince, chicken and some sauce for dinner. Or a jacket potato with beans and a chop

I dont get much exercise beyond a daily 20 min walk, but ive bought a mountain bike to rectify that. Just wanted to be sure im eating ok before i start the cycling :)

Cheers
Ian

Permabanned
Just got back from work again, getting abit easier day by day.

Thats another 12.8 miles in the bank :D

Lostkat said:
Well done :) Is it making you feel any fitter yet?

Treefrog - BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, but it's so COLD!!!!!! :p

a lot fitter, I am timing how long it takes and I will try to beat it each day.

COLD pfft, the only thing that doesnt get warm after a few minutes of cycling is your hands and your face.

Soldato
Ian said:
Hi all. After a bit of advice on my diet if possible.

• Original Oats-so-simple for breakfast
  • Apple and banana for a mid morning snack
  • A couple of tuna/ham/chicken salad wholemeal pittas for lunch
  • Usually something involving pasta, rice, lean mince, chicken and some sauce for dinner. Or a jacket potato with beans and a chop

I dont get much exercise beyond a daily 20 min walk, but ive bought a mountain bike to rectify that. Just wanted to be sure im eating ok before i start the cycling :)

Cheers
Ian
As I've said before, I'm no diet expert, but I'm just commenting by what I think I've learnt off the guys on here :)

I'm eating virtually the same as you up until dinner. My diet varies massively there, but it's usually home made. Your dinners sound fine to me anyway, although you should make sure you're eating wholegrain rice/pasta etc. if you aren't already :)

As others have said though, porridge by the bag is far cheaper than oats so simple. The only difference is that you have to measure out the porridge too. Cooking time etc. is exactly the same.

I have more than 2 pcs of fruit in the day, but that's just to keep me going really, and if I'm really hungry I'll have a low fat cuppa soup with my chicken/ham salad pita.

You might find that you get hungrier when you start the proper exercise, but just eat more fruit or add nuts/dried fruit to your diet to keep energy levels up.

Permabanned
Lostkat said:
Treefrog - BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, but it's so COLD!!!!!! :p
Then you're not putting enough effort in, you big jessie! :p

/cracks whip :D
cheets64 said:
COLD pfft, the only thing that doesn't get warm after a few minutes of cycling is your hands and your face.
T-shirt+fleece+breathable waterproof, fleece gloves, jeans, lightweight fabric hiking boots for the ankle protection = job done. Even in this weather I often end up with both fleece and waterproof undone down to my waist cos I'm overheating. I kid you not.

I don't try to stick to a particular speed or anything, I just cycle so that I'm breathing deeply but not panting, and just change gear to keep my breathing (and heart rate I assume) at that level. It's certainly improving my general fitness anyway.

Ian

Ian

Associate
Lostkat said:
As I've said before, I'm no diet expert, but I'm just commenting by what I think I've learnt off the guys on here :)

I'm eating virtually the same as you up until dinner. My diet varies massively there, but it's usually home made. Your dinners sound fine to me anyway, although you should make sure you're eating wholegrain rice/pasta etc. if you aren't already :)

As others have said though, porridge by the bag is far cheaper than oats so simple. The only difference is that you have to measure out the porridge too. Cooking time etc. is exactly the same.

I have more than 2 pcs of fruit in the day, but that's just to keep me going really, and if I'm really hungry I'll have a low fat cuppa soup with my chicken/ham salad pita.

You might find that you get hungrier when you start the proper exercise, but just eat more fruit or add nuts/dried fruit to your diet to keep energy levels up.

Thanks for that. Havent been using wholegrain rice or pasta, so will nip out and buy some when i get a chance :)

Any idea if tins of fruit are ok to eat in the same way as fresh stuff? As im partial to a few pear halves in their own juice :)

Much appreciated.

Ian

Associate
My appetite completly went this week, I have also been busy, and away from home abit so I weighed myself yesterday and I was 9st13lbs

Start Weight: 10st5lbs
Target Weight: 9st7lbs
Current Weight: 9st13lbs

I am happy with that, I have ben working otu on my dance mat for the playstation2 I really recommend them!
I burnt off 400 calories, after a 40 minutes session. My one works out how many calories you lose per song/round and the equvalent of what else you would have had to do, e.g 15 songs/40 min = 400, 2467 Jump ropes, 1.56km Swimming, 0.5km jogging (purely examples, although close to what i remember with the jump ropes!)
It is also really fun and good to show off when you go to the arcade (allrrriiight;)) hehe not that I spend my time in arcades! :p
I got my mat for £7.50 inc del on Ebay, arrived in about 4 days. The game is abit more, but I didnt buy that.

Back
Top Bottom