ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition: The Ultimate LGA2011 Motherboard

Associate
as i ordered 15th November, i look to have no hope of getting one this year :(
spent almost £4k on the new rig, and i cant build it.. wish i had known, very seriously looking at getting a diff board, but this one was the catalyst to me doing the build!

just looked on ebay, and the scalpers are out in force, saw one listing trying for a £2.8k on a buy it now! ..

Man of Honour
Looks tiny in a 900D:

udio.jpg

Caporegime
That's what surprises me the US Canada and Australia have already had far more than the trickle we are getting in the Uk/Europe it's almost as though Asus have made the decision to concentrate on those markets only and forget about Europe.

It's not the first time, we've had some ROG Formula SKU's just not appear in the UK at all sometimes.

Permabanned
I feel it for you guys that pre-ordered, i would be pretty ****ed too. You wouldnt mind if you knew you was getting one by xmas but even that maybe uncertain. I kinda makes me want to boycot Asus this time around tbh.
I hope EVGA bring out a killer board for Haswell E i really do.

Associate
Sgarrista
Commissario
To be honest I may buy a couple from the above link, get them shipped to a family member in the US who can then forward them on...

If I order tonight, i'll have it mid next week.... better than waiting on a shipment that OcUK don't even know when its coming, and when it does probably won't even cover the pre-orders.

Associate
Seems like a total farce yeah,
I'm happy that I am not interested in upgrading to this platform.

Too much hassle it seems, but saying that, could be well worth the wait.

Associate
I would LOVE to buy from OcUK. I have the money in my account to throw at them. But, we've all seen what a farse this motherboard has been, albeit no fault of anyone but Asus...

That wasn't meant to be an insult or that I would buy elsewhere if I could get it, the trouble with ocer's taking the money on pre order is I would have to wait and then try and find it and knowing my luck then theyd be sold out, overclockers are a great place to buy from when they have the stock.

as most have probally learned buy now, I WILL NEVER pre order from here again if they have stock then yes, pre order is a joke

Last edited:
Associate
So mint any joy yet?

Nope.

Beginning to doubt Andrew got his info wrong tbh, especially as it was so detailed.

More likely some of the order got "used" elsewhere once it hit the warehouse.

Now stuck as the 2nd in the queue with no idea when the next delivery will be in.

To say I am disappointed is a bit of an understatement.

Associate
Nope.

Beginning to doubt Andrew got his info wrong tbh, especially as it was so detailed.

More likely some of the order got "used" elsewhere once it hit the warehouse.

Now stuck as the 2nd in the queue with no idea when the next delivery will be in.

To say I am disappointed is a bit of an understatement.

With all the confusing signals and the fact Andrew has been on to comment since I'm beginning to wonder the same myself if there was an error in allocation that's really wrong especially as we have been patiently waiting for the board to come in now for over two months, tbh I'm not sure what's going on atm somebody mentioned caseking have already had their second batch in and if you forget the US allocation something's strange is going on atm.

I still think it's a case of they will have no more in before Christmas now, I hope I'm wrong but when I spoke to CS they didn't fill me with confidence that they would have anymore in but I will give it another week and take it from there.

One thing that would certainly help is more updates from anyone at overclockers on this forum as it seems to have dried up since the first batch of boards even if it isn't good news at least I would know at what point enough is enough and cancel the order.

Back
Top Bottom